Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Stuttering

"Men are stupid."

by Syn_INC 1 review

I took the phone away from my ear and looked at it in confusion. I was hoping that maybe if I stared at it long enough it would tell me this was all some kind of joke. But sadly that was one featur...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2008-03-25 - Updated: 2008-03-25 - 1542 words - Complete

0Unrated
Stuttering 24
I stared at the IM for a bit longer and paced the floor with my phone. I didn't know what to do all of a sudden. I had suddenly become scared. I exhaled and got a sharp pain under my rib. This was when I looked at my blue finger tips and realized I was holding my breath and I did it a bit too long.
> GINGERcakeP: babe. U there?
> GINGERcakeP: heeeellloooooooo?
> GINGERcakeP: fathers be good to your daughters daughters will love like they do girl become lovers who turn into mothers so mothers be good to your daughters tooooo
> GINGERcakeP: u got me singing 2 u. Sweetness...
< IbeDatgirL: que si Cariño? I'm here. I just got lost in my head.
> GINGERcakeP: u better be.
> GINGERcakeP: :)
< IbeDatgirL: so u sing "Daughters" ?
> GINGERcakeP: that songs stuck in my head.
< IbeDatgirL: o i c.
> GINGERcakeP: come see me.
< IbeDatgirL: I'm doing shit...
> GINGERcakeP: ur not doing anything. Come see me.
< IbeDatgirL: no. I gots no whip. And I'm tired. I'll touch base with you in the morning.
Just my random fucked up luck there was no morning. I didn't hear from Patrick until 3 days later when he came knocking at my door. Yea, here's how that went.
< IbeDatgirL: come c me.
> PinkPhoenix: I'm lying here. I have to be @ work @ 9a
< IbeDatgirL: its 815a
> PinkPhoenix: I know.
< IbeDatgirL: move ur ass and walk like its the 1st and the rent is due.
> PinkPhoenix: fine.
Snooty French accent, a la Sponge Bob 4 hours later-
< IbeDatgirL: come see me!
> PinkPhoenix: I'm @ work Cali.
< IbeDatgirL: Ge-no-vie-ve!
> PinkPhoenix: I'm @ work. Once again.
< IbeDatgirL: ok. But I'm sad.
> PinkPhoenix: i understand that.
> PinkPhoenix: how about after work I come and get you and we'll go to iHop.
< IbeDatgirL: you and what Army?
> PinkPhoenix: what?
< IbeDatgirL: nothing.
25 minutes later...
< IbeDatgirL: where'd you go?
> PinkPhoenix: someone you know is gonna be there.
< IbeDatgirL: IS IT MI CARIÑO?
> PinkPhoenix: no.
< IbeDatgirL: boo. Its never my Patrick. :'(
> PinkPhoenix: for the most part.
I could see Gin rolling her green eyes and going back to making someone's Frappuccino. This was so fucking unfair that it made me angry. Why haven't I heard from Patrick!?
Ginny made good and came to pick me up from home. We sat in iHop and her phone rang.
"Yea I'm here...no, so is Cali-Love...I know that's sweet, just come on...don't be dirty. I'm not- no- you can be here in- fine later."
"What the hell..." I said rolling my eyes.
"That was this guy. Talking about how he doesn't want to leave the house. I'm like are you kidding."
"Ha! He sounds like you."
"Doesn't he?"
"Which this guy is it?"
"You'll see."
Ginny managed to take my mind off who was coming to meet us here, and back on Patrick. I didn't know what I needed to hear at the moment all I wanted was too kiss him.
"He's in California." That voice stated after I had asked where the hell Patrick was that he couldn't answer my calls.
"Ladies." The 2nd added.
"I get Joe and Andy. But not my boyfriend? This is all sorts of fucked up."
"We can leave." Andy stated.
"YOU can leave." Joe said pushing Gin further into the corner of the booth and placing his lips on hers.
"This is all they do." Andy said rolling his eyes.
"I did NOT know this was going on." I stated annoyed, "how long has THIS been going on?!"
"Since Vegas." Andy replied.
"When in Vegas?!" I demanded.
"We did it on the bus." Joe said laughing.
"And the hate after...that was an act?"
"Yea. We didn't want the guys to know for a while."
"So are you guys dating?" I asked.
"No." Ginny responded, "we're just having fun, right Joe?"
"Whatever. I guess. Lets order and eat."
"You- what's going on with Babs?" I asked Andy.
"I don't know. I think she only wants sex."
"Heaven forbid a girl just wants some dick." I said laughing,
"So wait, what's going on with Patrick?"
"He's in California working with GCH." Joe stated.
"The fuck?! When did Gingy go to California and why wasn't I informed?" I demanded.
"He left 31 hours after Vegas. It was something about an emergency... dude you should call him." Andy said looking at me
"I tried! He won't answer! He rejects my calls" I said with a pout
"How do you know?"
"because it rings twice THEN goes to voicemail as oppsed to just going straight to voicemail like it does when your phone is off "
"I'll call him then. I swear I will." Andy said pulling out his iPhone out and laughed, but I didn't.
"Then do it. Call his goddamn phone now. I just called him before you got here to no answer." I stated dangerously.
Andy pulled out his iPhone and hit the speed dial number to the studio. Travis answered the phone after 1 ring and I was already livid. I stood back quiet as Andy and Joe conversated about something or another with Travis.
"Dude. Get Patrick please." Andy sighed.
"He's not here- oh! Yea! There. Gimmy 30 seconds." Travis said with a laugh.
This was making me more and more paranoid. I gathered my thoughts and was brought back to the table when I heard Joe say my name.
"Right Cali?" Joe stated and I glared at him
"Calista's there?!" Patrick practically yelled from the other end. I rolled my eyes and took the phone away from Andy.
"Yes 'Calistas there' Patrick why do you sound so surprised?" I stated after taking him off speakerphone
"I just-"
"Just nothing Patrick Martin. Its been 3 days without a word from you what the hell is that about and then you leave to California and fail to mention it to your girlfriend. A simple hey baby I'm still alive would have sufficed.
A, I'm going to go work in California would have been nice too. But I've gotten nothing but silence from you for 3 days and on top of that you've been ignoring my calls?"
"I have not."
"Don't fucking lie yes you have! I called you 5 minutes before Andy and you didn't answer for me but you did for him?"
"That's different he could be calling about band stuff I HAVE to answer when its important."
Those last words spoken in a bored tone by Patrick felt like a slap in the face as a ton of bricks dropped on my chest. All the air left my lungs and I felt a stabbing feeling in my stomach and behind my eyes.
"Oh. I see well i'm glad to know just how important I really am to you Patrick." I said so low I don't think he could have heard me.
But I knew he did when I heard a frustrated sigh on his end and I could almost see him in my head rolling his eyes. And then I heard it. I heard a girl say his name and he said something back to her. Before I could say anything though he came back on the line.
"Calista I'm not having this conversation with you right now- I'm at the studio I gotta go bye."
With that he hung up.
I took the phone away from my ear and looked at it in confusion. I was hoping that maybe if I stared at it long enough it would tell me this was all some kind of joke. But sadly that was one feature the iPhone didn't have.
My trance was broken when the waiter, Nicholas, our regular guy, put my food infront of me. I was stratled by the sudden noise and I looked around the table first to Andy and Joe. They were both trying with desperation to avoid eye contact with me, and then I looked at Ginny.
"He fucking hung up on me." I said to her softly as I placed the iPhone down like it was suddenly infected with something I didn't want to catch.
I rubbed my hand vigurously on the side of my jeans.
"He pretty much told me I wasn't important enough for him to answer my calls and he hung up on me."
This statement caught Andy and Joe's undivided attention and quickly turned to look at me in shock. Ginny seemed to also be in a state of shock because all she could do is open her mouth and then close it quickly words seeming to come just short of her toungue.
"Genovieve I can't do this. This is turning into Juan all over again and I just- I can't handle that. I can't."
"You shouldn't have too." Ginny said pushing Joe off her, "Men are stupid."
"Noted." Andy and Joe said at the same time.
We sat there and started to laugh as we managed to take my mind off Patrick. It must have been 2 hours later when we decided to leave.
Gin grabbed the check and Andy chased her down for it. What's wrong with a girl paying occationally? When Andy was nose to nose with her she gave him a smile and took his credit card away. She then pulled her debit card out and placed it on the counter.
Sign up to rate and review this story