Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Love Knows No Age - Continued

I Believe That - APRIL 1 (follows Mar 28)

by AlexSanDee 3 reviews

Monica meets with the mother of the baby she and Gee want to adopt. Kelly and Kara find Luke, Monica tells Gee the good news. Frank visits with Monica.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-04-01 - Updated: 2008-04-01 - 1757 words

0Unrated
Monica followed Stacy into the spacious office. She immediately spotted the young girl sitting with her hands folded in her lap looking very nervous. The introductions were made and Stacy suggested to the other lawyer that they allow Monica and Sarah, the mother-to-be, some privacy. Once they had left the office Monica spoke.
"I'm pretty nervous." She said hoping to put Sarah at ease.
The young woman smiled, "Me too."
"Okay, well see we already have something in common." Monica said with a smile. "Why don't you tell me a little about yourself?"
Sarah nodded, "I'm nineteen and in college. I hadn't been dating the baby's father very long before I got pregnant. When I told him he freaked." She frowned, "It's not like I was asking him to marry me or anything. I just thought he had a right to know but he told me he didn't care and it just wasn't his problem." She looked away, "He said I should just get an abortion."
"I’m sorry." Monica said softly.
"Yeah, well I told him that was something I wasn't going to do. I take responsibility for my actions. I'm pregnant and I'm going to have a baby. I just am realistic enough to know I can't care for this baby like I should. I'm going to England next year to continue my studies. Adoption seemed to be the best option."
Monica was impressed with the maturity of this young woman. "Adoption does sound like the best choice in your situation." She leaned down and pulled her wallet from her purse. Flipping it open she passed it over to Sarah. "These are my girls". She pointed, "This is Kara and this is Kelly."
"How old are they?"
"Kara is eighteen and married. Kelly just turned fifteen."
"And you want a baby?" Sarah seemed surprised.
Monica smiled, "I'm sure you know that I'm going to be marrying soon and he and I would really like to start a family. I am unable to have anymore children so we want to adopt."
Sarah nodded, "I know who you're marrying."
"We will be good parents. Your baby would be loved and well cared for."
Sarah smiled sadly, “That's what's important to me."
Monica reached out and touched her arm, "Are you really sure you want to give this baby up?"
"Yes." She answered immediately, "I am. It's the right choice for the baby and me. I have so many things I want to accomplish in life before I become a mother. I don't want to have a baby that I will neglect because my hearts not into being a mom. Someday I think I will want to have children but not now."
Monica nodded, "Is there anything else you want to know about me or Gerard?"
Sarah thought a moment; "Well obviously I wouldn't have to worry about you knowing how to care for a baby since you've had two."
"True" Monica agreed with a smile. "I also have another daughter that I want to tell you about."
"You do?" Sarah had been told Monica had two children.
"Yes, her name is Elena. She is Gee's daughter from a previous relationship and she has come to live with us."
"How old is she?"
Monica laughed, "She just turned three"
"And she lives with you full time?"
Monica tried not to let the sadness in her voice show, "Yes, she does."
"That would mean this baby would have someone closer in age to grow up with."
"Very true. I'm sure Elle would love to have a baby brother or sister." Monica shifted in her chair; "We have a warm, loving home to offer your baby."
"I believe that." Sarah said softly.

Luke opened the door with a shocked expression on his face, "Sunshine, Kara. What are you guys doing here?"
"Came to find you." Kara answered.
Kelly smiled, "How come you didn't come back to school?"
Luke shook his head, "Didn't feel like it."
Kara could tell something was wrong, "So you gonna invite us in or do we just have to keep standing out here?"
Luke moved back to allow them to enter. Both girls noted the beer cans on the coffee table. "Havin' a party?" Kara said.
Luke ignored her comment. He moved back over to the sofa and picked up his beer can. He took a long drink while Kara took a seat in a chair and Kelly sat down next to him.
"What did the doctor say?" Kelly asked him softly.
Luke tossed the now empty can into an open bag on the floor. "Bunch of fucking medical terms for what's wrong. He could have just said hey kid your hands fucked up. It ain’t never gonna be the same."
Kelly caught her breath, "Oh Luke." She tried to reach out to him but he moved away. "Don't worry about it. I'll be okay. So what I can't be an artist, right?"
Kara sighed, "Okay you two need to talk."
Luke shook his head, "Nothing to talk about."
"Yeah, there is. I'm gonna go down to McDonalds and grab us all some lunch. That way my sister can straighten you out while I'm gone."
"Straighten me out?" Luke asked angrily.
Kara stood, "Yeah, straighten you out. It fucking sucks about your hand but thinking that means your life is ruined it stupid." She moved to the door, "Shit, son. My sister loves you. If that ain't enough to make you see how good your life it then I don't think you deserve her." She slammed the door behind her.
"Luke, I'm sorry. Kara didn't mean to sound cold. That's just how she is, pretty straight forward."
"Fuck" Luke ran his hand over his face. "She's right. I've been sitting here drinking and feeling sorry for myself. I'm a dumb fuck." He reached over and grabbed Kelly's hand, "It's just that I'm worried about the future, you know? Art was my way to get out of this place and make something of myself. Now I don't know what I'm gonna do."
"Your hand will never get any better?" Kelly asked looking down at his freshly wrapped hand.
"They don't think so. They said the damage was too severe."
"I think they're wrong." Kelly said suddenly. She ran her fingers over his hand and smiled, "I know they're wrong."

Monica waited until she was on her way home to call Gee. "Hey Honey." She greeted him, "Got a minute?"
Gerard looked around the crowded room, "Sure, let me find a quieter place to talk." He walked out of the room and into a hallway. "So did you meet with her?"
"Her name is Sarah and she's a lovely young woman. She's agreed to let us adopt her baby."
Gerard smiled, "Excellent. Oh man, that's just great. So when's the actual due date?"
"October 23rd. She and I talked for quite a while and she even asked me if I would like to go with her when she has her fist sonogram."
"Shit, I wish I was home.,” he said leaning back against the wall. "So what happens now?'
"Well, there are papers that we'll sign when you get home and we will pay her medical expenses."
"That's good" he hated to ask, "You don't think she'll change her mind, do you?"
Monica understood his concern, "No, I don't. I did ask her if she was sure about this and she seems positive that giving this baby up is what she wants to do." Monica heard someone call out Gerard's name.
"Fuck, I gotta go. I'll call you back as soon as I can but it might not be until after the concert."
"Okay I figured you'd be busy but I know you'd want to hear the news."
"Hell, yeah I wanted to hear this news. Monica I love you so much."
"Love you too." She said before disconnecting. Monica sat the phone down and smiled. He sounded so happy. She realized how happy she felt about this adoption too. For the first time since finding Liv she felt happiness fill her heart.

Bert looked over at Liv. She had fallen asleep shortly after she'd eaten a few bites of the chicken soup he'd heated for her. He knew it was selfish but he wished she waked up so they could talk. He wanted to spend every moment she had left talking to her, touching her. How could this be happening? It just wasn't fair. He leaned back and closed his eyes. Guilt filled his heart. He'd been so mean to her the last time he'd seen her. Hell, he thought, I was mean to her so many times since she's come back into his and Gee's lives. Why had be been so blind? Why hadn't he seen she was suffering? He opened his eyes when he heard the backdoor open. Silently he got up and walked down to meet Monica in the kitchen.
"How is she?" Monica asked putting down her purse on the kitchen table.
"Got her to eat a few bites of soup." Bert said, "She's sleeping now."
Monica gave him a quick hug, "Sorry I was gone so long."
Bert shook his head, "Don't matter. How'd it go?"
"Gee and I will be parents in October." Monica said with a smile.
"That's great" Bert said trying to sound enthusiastic. "I'm really happy for you both."
Monica looked at him closely, "Did you have any lunch?" He looked like he was about to fall down.
"Yeah" He lied. "Hey, don't worry about me, okay?"
"I do worry about you." Monica told him honestly, "Can't help it, you're very dear to me."
Bert smiled, "You're one hell of a woman. Gee's so fucking lucky." He was about to go back upstairs to Liv when he remembered the phone call. "Oh, I meant to tell you someone called while you were out and I answered before I thought about it. I mean I realize I shouldn't answer your phone, what if it has been Gee?'
Monica nodded, "Who was it?"
"That's the thing, I don't know. They just hung up."
"Well it wasn't him, cause I just talked to him a few minutes ago and he definitely would have asked me about it."
The doorbell rang startling them both. Monica moved towards the front door with Bert following closely behind. She opened the door to find Frank. He spotted Bert and sighed, "I thought so. Fuck, Gee has to be told what's going on."
Sign up to rate and review this story