Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Like A Knife

He's a Drive By Dream

by PanicxFOBx4Everx 0 reviews

This one is in Ryro's POV as well..But then it switches back to Cammy. Thanks so much for all of you that have been reading!

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-04-02 - Updated: 2008-04-03 - 1248 words

0Unrated


Like A Knife Part 4


Keltie brought me to a bench under a beautiful, blooming cherry tree. She looked at me with her huge eyes in a loving way that I tried to return, although my expression wasn’t as nearly as meaningful as hers. We sat underneath the tree’s pinkish shade and she snuggled up next to me, placing her head somewhat near my shoulder.

“So how has your week been? I haven’t talked to you in a while. I’ve been really busy,” She said, rather apologetically.

“Oh, my week was…great,” I lied, desperately hoping I wouldn’t have to go into further discussion.

“That’s great, Ry! Mine was good, too,” She informed me.

The next hour and a half I spent my time contributing to the lie that was my life. And I spent it contributing to what seemed like reality to Keltie, one of the most fragile beings I had ever met. Her emotions were something delicate and not to be fooled with, and it made me hate myself more for doing it anyway. I needed a way to tell her…

*Cammy’s POV*

After about two weeks of sitting at home sulking, I decided I needed to get out of the house. Memories were to painful to handle, but making more wouldn’t be. So I waited for someone to call again, just to make sure I didn’t come off eager to get out of the house. And, quite predictably, Brendon was the first to call.

I anxiously flipped open my cell phone.

“Hello?!” I asked, knowing it was him.

“Um…Hey, Cammy. Are you all right? We haven’t seen you in like, two weeks,” Brendon asked me, concerned.

“I guess I’m fine. I brought this all on myself anyway…” I said gloomily.

“No, you didn’t,” He tried to reassure me. “Ry is just…insensitive.”

Ryan Ross? THE Ryan Ross, insensitive? I laughed to myself in my thoughts. He was one of the most sensitive people I knew.

“Anyway, I just wanted to know if you maybe wanted to get out of your house. You must be pretty bored,” He continued.

“Um…Sure,” I said coolly. “Pick me up? I think I’ll probably crash if I attempt to drive any time soon. My thoughts seem to wander a lot more lately,” I suggested.

“Would I ever say no to picking you up? I’ll be at your place in about twenty minutes,” Brendon told me happily. “See you then. Bye.”

I was about to say bye when I came out of nowhere with another comment. “Bren?” I asked.

“What?” He replied, just before he was about to hang up.

“You’re a life saver. Thanks,” I said, grateful that he wanted to take me out of my despair.

He chuckled to himself a little bit. “You’re welcome, Cams. Now I‘ll see you in a few.”

I quickly rushed to my closet and dug inside of it, searching for an outfit I would rather wear than my pajamas I had left on for a week. I had so many clothes that I didn’t even wear, and now I really regret it because it was impossible to find anything you were looking for in the tiny, cramped closet.

It took me longer than expected to find an outfit. I was searching through the cluttered racks and more racks of clothes, relentlessly hoping I would eventually find something. Suddenly, as I turned around, something jumped out at me and pinned me against the wall.

“Holy shit!” I screamed, genuinely terrified.

The person let go of me, and backed away, Brendon’s laughter filling the room.

“You should have seen your face!” He laughed, rather hysterical.

“Brendon, you scared the life out of me!” I squealed, still a bit shaken.

He tried to muffle his laughter and looked at me with big, chocolaty eyes that could make any girl’s heart melt. There was no denying that.

“Sorry, just having a little bit of fun while I could…” He apologized, although a large grin was still plastered on his face.

He stuck his hands in the pockets of his tight black jeans and sat on my bed.

“I have to get dressed,” I informed him, gesturing to my pajamas that were currently still on my body. I threw my shirt off and pulled on the one I had picked out, and soon following that, slid off my pajama pants.


“Yeah?” He asked, looking at me in a seductive way, raising an eyebrow.

Bren and I were always joking around with each other like that. It brought back so many memories I would keep close to me, some that would never even be able to slightly leave my mind.

“Get out,” I laughed, pulling him off of my bed and pushing him out the door in a friendly way.

I closed the wooden door and walked back to my closet. Luckily, I found an outfit as soon as I looked through. It reminded me of one of those puzzle books where you can’t find something, and then you look away and back again, and finally you can find it. It was a strange feeling.

I grabbed a pair of faded, ripped jeans from Hollister a blue, form fitting tee shirt and a lacy white undershirt. Yeah, I didn’t like it, but it was in. I suppose I should have been original and worn what I personally thought was stylish, but we all do it…It’s hard not to follow the trends.

I walked from my closet to the center of my room where I always got dressed (for some odd reason that is currently a mystery to me). I threw my shirt off and pulled on the one I had picked out, and soon following that, slid off my pajama pants. Brendon opened the door and I squealed at him.

“Bren?!?” I half shouted, half giggled as I covered myself with my other clothes. I threw a pillow at him, and as soon as he left, I locked the door.

Left to dress in peace, I finally got my entire outfit on. I put on my black DC sneakers and tucked the laces inside, grabbed my bag that contained my phone and my wallet (among numerous other things), and walked back out of my room. I waltzed down the hallway and rushed down the stairs to find Brendon playing with Noodle. He was dangling a cat toy above his head.

“Take your time,” I joked.

“What? Oh,” He said, looking away from my kitten. He threw the toy on the floor and stood up. Only about an inch taller than me, I looked up at him. We walked out to his car and got inside.

He started the engine with the turn of his hand and backed out of my driveway into the barren back streets. What an interesting day at the mall this would be.

But, in all my pride and glory and happiness, I thought to myself…

Ryan’s house is only a minute away from here. Maybe….

Never mind. He was probably with Keltie anyway.

We drove by his house and I quickly realized that my insanity must have been fading, because he was just getting out of his car, Keltie following. He kissed her on the lips in a passionate manner, and I just drove through his life without noticing.
Sign up to rate and review this story