Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Day My Life Changed Completly

I remember

by xXi_luv_gerardXx 0 reviews

All I wanted was to say Thank You...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-04-08 - Updated: 2008-04-08 - 752 words

0Unrated
Rachel's POV (still)

"Here come the two lovebirds!" I heard Frank's voice shout from backstage.

Chris laughed. "We've been caught," he said.

"I know, Gerard's such a big mouth," I said laughing also. I was a little embarrassed, and I knew that Chris was too. I could feel my face get warmer as my cheeks went red.

"Aw! They're holding hands!"

"How cute!"

"When's the wedding?"

"Way to go Chris!"

"Shut up," Chris said, also starting to get red. Ray, the only person that had not commented, was humming the wedding song. I playfully kicked Frank in the shin, laughing at how high he jumped to avoid my foot. I reluctantly let go of Chris's hand so I could give Gerard a hug.

"I told you he liked you," he whispered in my ear. I smiled, but didn't reply. "Come on guys, there is stuff to sign for crazed fans," Gerard said, starting to walk outside. Chris took my hand again and we followed the guys outside. The sounds of screaming fans made me smile, because that used to be me out there. I don't think Gerard remembered when he signed something for me, but I do. It was on my birthday, not too long ago, maybe a few months. I remember the only thing I wanted for my birthday was to see Gerard Way. The only thing I wanted to do for my birthday was to see Gerard and tell him "Thank you." That was it. I didn't need an autograph, or a picture, or for him to even say anything. I just needed to say thank you, and that's the only thing I asked for my birthday. I didn't want anything else.

So Winter, who had gone to concerts before, took me to see them on my birthday. It was my first concert, and it was amazing. She pulled me up all the way to the front, and I was right against the railing the whole time. After the concert, Winter took me to wait where there tour bus was. She knew how important this was to me. I wrote a meaningful letter showing my thanks and how although I couldn't say MCR really saved my life, but I could say they made it alot better. I planned on handing it to Gerard when he passed by. Winter, who wasn't that much of an MCR fan at the time, just waited with me.

I waited with all those screaming fans until I saw him. I waited while he signed cds and talked to fans. When he reached me, I was speechless. I stared at him the whole time while he was signing something for the girl next to me. I didn't realize that I hadn't given him my letter yet until he started to walk away. I remember actually starting to panic. I screamed his name, but he didn't hear. I was always shy and quiet, and never loud enough for anything. I felt defeated. He had to get my letter. Then Winter, who was incredibly loud and was easily heard, screamed "HEY, GERARD!" at the top of her voice. I remember feeling overjoyed when he turned around. "You missed my friend over here," Winter said pointing to me. He smiled and walked over. I remember handing him the letter and turning to leave, but Winter stopped me and asked if I wanted to get something signed. I didn't want to take up his time. I just smiled and tried to say it was fine, but before I knew it she turned me back around to face him and handed him my poster.

"What's your name?" He asked. I was happy, but I still wondered why he was going to make it out to me, when most of the time he just scrawled out his signature and left. I gave him my name and thanked him. He smiled and handed me my poster, saying "Thank you, and I will definitely read this later," gesturing to my letter.

That night I will always remember forever. I had my poster laminated and put it on the ceiling above my bed. I was sad to leave it behind, but I asked Winter to take care of it for me when I left. When I get to my new home I'll have her send it to me. In a way I don't want Gerard to know that it was me who wrote the letter. I doubt he'll remember it anyway, but you never know.
Sign up to rate and review this story