Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 6 > Kohlingen

The Name Game

by TheGeminiSage 0 reviews

Locke and his friend argue over who their names belong to.

Category: Final Fantasy 6 - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Published: 2008-04-08 - Updated: 2008-04-23 - 396 words

0Unrated
So one day when we were maybe twelve I decided Jamie was a rotten thief. We were at my house having milk and cookies my grandma made, and she was outside gardening, so we weren’t doing much but stuffing our faces when the thought hit me.

“You know what?” I asked him. “You stole my name.”

“What the hell are you talking about? Your name’s - ”

“Locke James Cole,” I said, “James for my grandpa and Locke ’cause my mom thought it was cool. And,” I added, “if Grandma hears you talking like that in her kitchen she’ll beat the crap out of you.”

So he looked out the window and told me she was still outside messing with her flowers (gross) and she wouldn’t hear us. Like it was supposed to make me feel better or something. Jamie always has bad ideas. (Like that whole treasure hunting thing.)

“Anyway,” I went on, “James was my name first.”

He looked at me like I was nuts.

“But I’m Jamie, not James.”

“Same thing! Thing is you stole it. So pay up.”

“What?”

“I don’t care how you do it,” I told him, grinning. “But you owe me, big-time. You use it at least a billion times a day.”

“I don’t have anything to give you,” Jamie growled. He looked ready to jump across the table and kill me, too.

I just kept grinning at him. I dunno, I do that a lot. I’m a pretty cheerful guy. I guess it pissed him off more because he threw one of his cookies at me. I caught it and ate it. No point in letting good food waste. “Maybe you could work it off,” I suggested, thinking of maybe getting him to do me a favor, and clean my room.

“No way!” I didn’t get why he was blushing, but whatever.

“Gotta have something,” I said.

“Do not.”

“Oh yeah?”

“Yeah! You never even used your name. So I got it instead. Finders keepers.”

I guess my jaw kind of hit the ground and then I know I got mad and jumped across the table at him, instead, but he still laughed at me the rest of the day, even after I beat him at wrestling and skipping stones and poker.

I’ve never called Jamie a thief since.
Sign up to rate and review this story