Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > TEENAGERS (soz for the unoriginal title)

The Argument

by ThexBitch 0 reviews

Domino meets the boys...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-04-12 - Updated: 2008-04-12 - 1494 words - Complete

0Unrated
We went back to my room with Tommy and Corey to hang up my posters. I opened my balcony door to let some air in and I heard my sister scream from the front garden. I powered downstairs with the boys following me. Slamming out the front door, arousing the rest of the house to the commotion as I did so, I got outside and saw my sister on the ground with Megan and Lisa beating into her. I grabbed Lisa by the hair and dragged her off of Hope. I put my foot in her stomach and turned to Megan who was standing ready for me. She slapped me hard on the left side of my face, causing my nose to burst. I grasped her hair and brought her face down on my knee. I wiped my bloody nose and stepped over to my sister.
“Are you okay kid?” she nodded and he eyes widened when she saw my nose.
“Domino. Your nose!” I waved away her words and helped her up. I gave her to Carnage, who carried her bridal style inside. I heard my name from the steps. It was Ben and Karen Smith, our carers. Jim was just a cook and never had any real power over us…except bribery with brownies.
“What did we tell you about fighting Domino?”
“To only do it when someone’s beating the shit out of my kid sister?” I said venomously. Apparently this was the wrong answer. An argument ensued that could wake the dead. In which, Karen, using her heavily ringed hand on which her engagement ring was turned in, struck me on the right side of my face, causing my eyebrow to bleed. I could feel a black eye coming on. It ended in me going without dinner and Megan and Lisa getting ice cream to console them after their horrific ordeal…me. Since I had skipped breakfast and lunch because of moving and stuff, I was fucking starving…shit.


I sat down on my front steps and heard the door lock behind me. I smacked myself on that head at the stupidity of my situation. I wasn’t allowed back inside until Karen and Ben said so. In about 6 hours. My friends couldn’t come out and see me either as part of my punishment.
I touched the spot where Karen’s ring had cut me. I winced when I realised it was still bleeding. I wiped my hands on my jeans and sat back. I remembered the tree and my still open balcony door. I was about to go climb it when I saw a group of boys leave my new neighbour’s house, one of them carrying a medical box. They were heading for me.

GERARD’S P.O.V
“Take it.” My mom was not yielding.
“She won’t like it, I know her type.” But still my mom was insistent that I take the medical box to our new neighbour. We – Mom, Dad, Mikey, Ray, Frank, Matt and I – had all watched in horror as the girl defended her sister and then got into a fight with her mom. Who proceeded to slap her so hard her face bled. I begrudgingly took the box and headed outside with my brother, Mikey, and our friends.
She looked like she was about to get up when she spotted us. We walked over and she eyed the box with mingled amusement and suspicion.
“My mom sent me, to take a look at your cut.” She raised an eyebrow but said nothing.
“There’s some antiseptic wipes in here, to stop it getting infected and shit.” This girl made me nervous. I wished she would say something; I have a fairy godmother apparently.
“I’ll be fine, thanks.” She had a South Boston accent. It was slightly husky and warm, but there was a harsh edge to it that made it almost dangerous.
“I’m pretty sure she won’t take no for an answer.” She rolled her eyes and scooted over on the steps, motioning for me to sit next to her. She looked at the guys and jerked her head as a further invitation to them. I handed her bacterial wipes and a mirror. She wiped her eye with extreme precision and cleared the dried blood around her nose, which had stopped bleeding a while ago. The cut near her eye was still bleeding so she stuck a plaster on it. During this time we had introduced ourselves to her and found out that she was called Domino Lehane. The girl from before was her sister Hope, that she had lived in a home since her dad killed her mom. That there was eleven kids including her and that all the adults were evil except Jim, the cook. We sent Mikey back inside with the box and when he returned he said
“Dinner’s ready. Mom asks if you want to have some ours, she always cooks for about a hundred anyway.” I could see her wrestling with the decision. It was a dilemma. If she declined, she would have to go without food, and I could tell she was hungry. However, if she said yes, she would no doubt be bombarded with questions as to why her ‘mother’ hit her like that. The answer she had given us to that question was hardly suitable for my mother’s ears!
She finally agreed and with a swift look back she murmured, “fuck ‘em” and followed us inside. I hoped dinner wouldn’t be too unbearable for her.


DOMINO’S P.O.V
I had dinner with the Ways and, I have to admit, I was surprised at the amount of information Mrs. Way managed to get out of me without me noticing. She was very sneaky; I think she managed to get half my childhood out of me! I did take care not to trash talk Ben and Karen too much. The weren’t the best guardians, but we all knew from experience that they weren’t the worst. Dinner passed in a comfortable blur and at the end Mikey tapped me on the shoulder,
“Do you want to listen to us play? You don’t have to.”
“Mikey!” I missed the plea in Gerard’s voice, and was intrigued.
“You guys are in a band?” they nodded. I told them, to Gerard’s quiet dismay that I would love to hear them. We headed towards the basement and I tried to guess who played what. Gerard was obviously vocals, Mikey, Frank and Ray, I could see on guitar, but I didn’t know who would be bass. That left Matt on drums. I was right with all of them. Mikey was bass. They walked over to their places and Gerard tapped the mike to make sure it was working. He cleared his throat and said into the it,
“Our Lady of Sorrows.” I listened in amazement. They were brilliant. They didn’t need a studio to amp up their energy. You could sense it coming off them in waves, tsunamis even. When Gerard sang it was like he was lost in his own private world. You could feel his passion. When the song stopped I was amazed. When I said “Wow!” they looked worried, but when I added, “You guys are great.” They relaxed. They played me some more songs, but then I had to go. They walked me to my door, I said goodbye and that I would see them at school tomorrow.

GERARD’S P.O.V
After the guys went home and Mikey had went to his bed, I lay awake in mine thinking of the days events. We had met this beautiful tough girl called Domino and played to her. I was so nervous, I’d never sang in front of anyone except the guys before my hands slipped when I tried to hold the mike, but when we started playing and I got in ‘the zone’, it was magic. The look on her finished told me everything I needed to know. And there was nothing but truth in her voice when she said we were great.
But her eyes, they were so hard to read, and didn’t look like they ever betrayed and emotion, except maybe anger. I think seeing her mother killed had made her guarded and almost cold. She said Hope was too young to remember and she had shielded her eyes and ears when it happened, not letting her see her mother’s body until the funeral. And she was the one who had found her father, who had ran upstairs after beating and stabbing he mother to death, with the gun in his hand, dead. I could not imagine the horrors of her past, and as she had said herself, you can’t dwell on what you can’t change, so I decided to get some sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story