Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The girl all the bad guys want

The Wrong Brother

by alice93 3 reviews

Who's in hospital having their stomach pumped?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-04-13 - Updated: 2008-04-13 - 1169 words - Complete

1Ambiance
I rolled up into a tight ball, my sweaty hands cradling my chubby knees. It had been two hours since Alexis had dropped me off home and I had crawled on my hands and knees into my small bed, wrapping the covers around me like a hamster in hibernation. The good feeling, the rush of adrenaline I’d had from the heroin had long since worn off and now I was just left feeling the shittiest I’d ever felt.
I wiped my runny nose with the back of my white hand and let out a loud groan. My head felt like it was vibrating and, honestly I’d never been to the toilet so many times in my entire life.
I turned over onto my back and took a long look around my dark, dingy and dungeon-like room, soaking in the atmosphere. My mind wandered to the thought of Mikey. Why had he just left me on the floor when I was puking my guts up? Why didn’t he help me, hold my hair, and why did her just storm out of the door?

A few hours later and I got up onto my feet, steadying myself on my bed-side table to stop myself from tumbling over. I stumbled upstairs like a stabbed zombie, bumping into unidentified lying objects. I poured myself a glass of orange juice before chucking the empty carton in the bin. I sighed as the acidic taste hit my roof of my mouth, completely incinerating any trace of the rotten taste I had had in it before. I took another look in the fridge. It was next to empty, all that was left was a box of eggs and a loaf of mouldy bread. I shuddered at the thought of having to go shopping again. That was always my mums job, she always knew exactly what to buy, I just forgot everything and ended up buying an entire shopping trolley of stuff we didn’t really need.
I sat down at the table, brining my glass with me and stared up at the ceiling. The feeling I’d had when I was high was so amazing. I felt like I was on top of the world, like I was un-touchable. I felt confident and for once I felt like an equal around Alexis. My head lolled back uncontrollably and I let out a deep groan. I knew right there and then that the drugs were bad for me, that they were going to destroy my life but they were part of me, they helped me be who I wanted to be.
I wanted to be Gerard fucking Way, untouchable, invincible and confident. I wanted the whole world, I wanted more than I had.

My ears pricked up as I heard a shrill, alarming sound coming from the room I was in. My head shot up quickly, making a sharp pain surge through my neck. I panicked, my heart rate getting faster and faster as I looked around the room, searching for some sign of a trespasser. I felt stupid when I realised it was onl the phone ringing. Slowly, I made my way over the small, white object-picking it up and using my signature
“The Way household. This is Gee, how can I help you.”
The voice on the other end replied. It was slow and boring and sounded like the voice of someone who had been up all night making other phone calls. My ears quickly picked up the sound and my heart rate shot up again after it’s gradual slowing down. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing-it was impossible-surely.
“It’s Belleville General Hospital here. This is Molly speaking. I’m afraid your brother Mikey Way has been admitted here.”
I swallowed hard. Not wanting to ask the question-dreading the answer.
“Is-Is he ok?” I gasped, suddenly my palms got all sweaty and I nearly dropped the phone.
“He’s absolutely fine. He’s had to have his stomach pumped but we need you to come pick him up.”
I agreed and put down the phone, sighing with relief. All the relief quickly got flushed out of my system when the nurses words had finally hit me. Anger scurried through my body like an unwanted insect. My little brother, Mikey Way, had gotten so drunk that he’d had to have his stomach pumped. I was angry but I wasn’t angry at him, I was angry at myself. Angry at myself for at first being angry at him when all the while this is what I had been doing all this time. I ran out of my house with my flushed cheeks and got into my car, slamming the door behind me.
“I can’t fucking believe this.” I muttered to myself all the way.

I ran through the huge front door and up to the reception desk. I hurriedly asked the receptionist which ward my brother was on and she gave me directions. I ran and I ran and I ran, past rooms with sick and dying people and into the room where stupid kids were that had filled they’re tiny bodies up with too much alcohol.
I scanned the faces. They all looked pretty similar, pretty stupid. When I got to my brothers bed I sighed with relief, seeing him sitting there, completely un-phased reading one of his favourite comic books.
I ran up to him and hit him hard on the arm before he even had time to notice me.
“Ouch! What did you do that for?” He screeched at me, his eyebrows furrowing downwards.
“Don’t ever do that to me again.” I hissed at him before noticing the scared look on his face and grabbing him tightly for a hug. It wasn’t even a manly hug, it was a huge, great sissy hug-like the type a mother would give to her child. Mikey lay there, limp in my arms, his body not even tensing at my hug. He just sat there, neither his body or his face showing any signs of emotion.
I studied his face hard. He looked pale and permanently worried. He looked like a man in his 30’s. All the innocence and youth that fifteen year olds are supposed to have in their faces had completely disappeared. He was different, damaged and it was all my fault.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Oh my God, I’d just realised how long it had been since I last updated. I am so sorry. I’ve just been so busy, what with school and homework and chores and extra curricular activities. I’ve had absolutely no time to relax and write.
Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter. Some pretty major things are going to change in the next ten or so chapters so be prepared, be very prepared.
Please review. You have no idea how happy it makes me. I don’t care if it’s really loong or incredibly short… just review!
Sign up to rate and review this story