Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > . . . Fly like an Angel. . .

Better when we're together.

by Meg2005 1 review

Everyone needs a little Jack Johnson in their lives.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-04-14 - Updated: 2008-04-15 - 1354 words - Complete

0Unrated
Brendon and Ryan walked into the room that was scattered with people, flowers, balloons, etc. Brendon felt a little out of place and a little awkward but nothing to how Ryan was feeling at the same moment.

‘Bridgette who is this?’

‘They are friends of Grace’s.’

Tom walked over to the boys, whom immediately felt intimidated but stood their ground as they should.

‘I don’t think we’ve met before.’ He said towering over them.

‘We’re friends of your sisters; she’s a very close friend of mine.’

‘How come I’ve never met you before?’

‘Tom, leave them alone. They came to see their friend.’ Mrs. Brady said as she stood up from her chair.

‘I’m sorry.’

‘It’s okay man, I understand.’ Brendon said putting his hand on Tom’s shoulder.

‘You can go ahead and see her if you want.’ Tom said.

‘Thanks man.’ Brendon said as he walked further into the room with his guitar in tote. He looked at Grace as he remembered her beauty. She looked a lot different now. She was dressed in a white hospital gown. Her straight beautiful hair wasn’t down and blowing in the wind but pulled back into two braids on either side of her face, he wore a white bandage on her forehead that wrapped around her head. She had cuts all over her face from shards of glass, her lip was busted, and one of her arms was set in a temporary cast, as she lay unconscious with her heart monitors beeping at a steady rate.

Brendon looked around and pulled up the doctor’s stool over to sit by the bed. He sat down and set his guitar against the table by the bed while her parents and family watched. Brendon picked up her hand and held it gently. He kissed it softly. ‘Come back to me baby, I need you.’ Brendon said not caring who in the room heard it. All he cared about was Grace. Brendon set her hand down gently and picked up his guitar. He smiled as she played the first couple of cords of the song she loved so much:

‘There’s no combination of words
I could put on the back of a postcard
No song that I could sing
But I can try for you heart
Our dreams and they are made out of real things
Like a, shoebox of photographs
With sepia tone loving
Love is the answer,
At least for most of the questions in my heart
Like why are we here? And were do we go?
And how come it’s so hard?
It’s not always easy and
Sometimes life can be deceiving
I’ll tell you one thing it’s always better when we’re together.

MMM it’s always better when we’re together
Yeah we’ll look at the stars when we’re together
Well, it’s always better when we’re together
Yeah, it’s always better when we’re together

And all of these moments
Just might find their way into dreams tonight
But I know that they’ll be gone
When the morning light sings
And brings new things
For tomorrow night you see
That they’ll be gone too
Too many things I have to do
But if all of these dreams find their way
Into my day to day scene
I’d be under the impression
I was somewhere in between
With only two
Just me and you
Not so many things we got to be
Or place we got to be
We’ll sit beneath the mango tree now

It’s always better when we’re together
Mmm, we’re somewhere in between together
We’ll, it’s always better when we’re together
Yeah, it’s always better when we’re together

Mmmmm Mmmmmm Mmmmmm
I believe in memories
They looks, so pretty when I sleep
Hey now, and when I wake up
You look so pretty sleeping next to me
But there is not enough time
And there is no, no song I could sign
And there is no, combination of words I could say
But I will still tell you one thing
We’re always better together.

Brendon let the last cords ring out of the strings. He looked down at her looking for any change but there was nothing there. Brendon set his guitar back down on the floor and stood up. He looked over at Ryan, whom was looking at him expectantly, before looking back down at Grace. He slowly pressed his lips against hers. He let them linger for a moment before pulling his lips away from hers as a smile formed on his face.

‘I fought for you baby now it’s your turn to fight for me.’ Brendon whispered. Brendon sat back down on the stool as Tom came over and sat on the other side of her as the two most important people in her life were at her side. Brendon laid his forehead against her fingers. He silently prayed to God to bring her back, he begged to see her smile, feel her touch, hear her voice, anything about her.

Ryan got up and walked over to Brendon, ‘come on Grace, I held up my part of the deal now it’s your turn. I took care of your Brendon but you’re better at it then I am. Come back to us.’ Ryan said as he held onto the same hand Brendon held. Brendon looked up at him as a smile formed on his face.

‘thanks Ry.’ He smiled before looking back at Grace.

The hours passed, Ryan slid down the wall on the opposite side of the room while Tom and Brendon continued to hold her hand. Her nephew John continued to sleep in his car seat next to Ryan as the sun began to seep down below the horizon.

Grace’s doctor soon came in, maneuvering around the person filled room. He checked her vitals as Brendon kissed her fingers again feeling the slightest movement. He sat up straight and squeezed her hand hoping that she would squeeze back.

‘She just squeezed my hand.’ Brendon said out loud so everyone could hear.

‘What?’ Tom said sitting up straight.

‘She just moved, her fingers, she squeezed my hand.’

‘Are you sure?’

‘Positive.’ Brendon said as Tom felt the same thing. The doctor walked over and started to open her eyes to shine his light in them before she slowly did it herself.

‘Oh my, Gracie.’ Her mother said rushing to her side. Brendon picked up his guitar and stepped back for her mother.

‘Mom.’ Grace whispered.

‘Sweetie.’ She said hugging her gently.

‘Gracie-face.’ Tom said as a tear rolled down his cheeks landing on her hand.

‘What happened?’

‘You were in a car accident sweetie; we thought we had lost you.’ Tom said softly.

‘I’m alive?’ she asked.

‘Yeah, sweetheart, you’re alive, you’re okay.’

Grace looked over at her brother as tears slipped out of her beautiful eyes, ‘I missed you so much.’ She cried.

‘Sissy, I missed you too.’ Tom said kissing her hand.

‘Honey, there is someone here that really wants to see you,’ Mrs. Brady started, ‘He’s been waiting all day.’

Mrs. Brady stepped out of the way for Brendon; he smiled at her as she met his smile. She sat up a little more as he walked over capturing her lips with his, ‘I thought I was never going to see you again.’ She whispered as he gently laid his forehead against hers.

‘I love you.’ He whispered. Grace smiled as she pulled him into a soft hug.

‘You have a lot of explaining to do missy.’ Grace’s father told her, ‘But we’ll save that for later.’

Grace smiled as she looked around the room seeing friends, family, and everyone who was important to her. She shut her eyes and laid her head back against the pillow before opening her eyes to meet Brendon’s, ‘I’m glad you’re here.’ She smiled.
Sign up to rate and review this story