Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I Wish I Were A Ghost

Promising Is Just Another Lie

by AshamedToRiseAndBe 10 reviews

Alright, Frank makes a New friend. But he's not really a friend, he's not even human. O.o

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-04-19 - Updated: 2008-04-19 - 1581 words

2Original
Omg! You guys are like, the best veiwers anyone could ask for :)
Thank you SOOOOOO much for all your support. GIANT INTERNET COOKIES XD







I Wish I Were A Ghost.
----------------------------------

Chapter three; Promising is Just Another Lie.



I ran, and ran. Sobbing the whole way from Strabucks, until I collided with a large rock, this sent me flying. I hit a patch of Dead grass with a thump.

Slowly sitting up, I gently rubbed my forehead, which pained immensely. With blurry vision, I studied the park I was in. West Hudson Park. Children were happily playing by the pond, while their mothers sat on a park bench and talked. If I am ever a father, I would never let my play by the pond where they constantly find dead bodies floating around. Well, there’s Jersey for you.

Thankfully, the three faces I longed and also dreaded to see weren’t in sight. At this point in time anyways. My head was pounding due to the events that had just occurred. My imagination has grown way out of hand. I needed some form of help but I couldn’t explain this to anyone, especially not Gerard. They would think I’m crazy, probably send me to a hospital. I would sit in a white, padded room all day long. Well at least it’ll keep these ghosts out.

Wait, what? Ghosts? No, no, no. it’s just my imagination. Ghosts… Mikey, Ray and Bob wouldn’t be ghosts, right?

My spinning head was yanked out of thought by, thank God, an unfamiliar voice.

“Hey, are you alright?”

I narrowed my eyes, and looked up to find whose voice this belonged to.

A tall man stood beside me. He was wearing blue jeans, a black top with “Sorry… About Your Face!” printed in white, Black vans and a studded belt.

“Uhh, yeah. I think.” I replied confused.

“You’re bleeding, man. What happened?” Said man knelt next to me, giving me a better view of his face. He had amazingly bright green eyes with a thin line of eyeliner smeared on the bottom lid. His hair was jet black with Red through it. A fringe fell over his right eye and when he smiled it revealed perfectly straight teeth.

“I... umm. Fell. I think…?” I stared into his eyes, he reminded me so much of Gerard for some reason. The facial features maybe, I don’t know.

He chuckled a bit at my confused answer and extended his arm before saying,

“Well, I’m Ryan.” He smiled. I placed my hand in his, shaking it gently.

“I’m Frank… I think.” I smiled at the addition to my sentence so It matched my previous.

Ryan sat down next to me.

“That’s a pretty bad cut. What were you running from?” He asked, inspecting the gash on my temple.

“Oh umm,” what do I say? “J-just someone… that I didn’t really want to see.” Not the complete truth but not a lie, right?

“Oh,” he replied. “Well you might want to go get it cleaned up before it gets infected.”

“I guess so.” I sighed. “Well I live right around the corner. If you want to come?”

He smiled and nodded. “Sure, that’ll be great.”

We started walking in the direction to my house. Well our house, Gerard and I.

“So, Ryan. How old are yahh?” I asked, trying to make some conversation.

“Twenty- three. Yourself?”

“Twenty-five.”

“Oh, really? Wow, you’re very sh-“ He stopped there. “I mean, cool.”

“Nice save.” I joked.

“Sorry” he blushed.

“Don’t sweat it. I get that a lot.” I smiled. “So you a music person?”

“Damn straight. Drums and vocals. What about you?”

“Guitar and occasionally vocals. Ever head of My Chemical Romance?” I asked.

“Who hasn't?” he chuckled.

“Yeah, well I'm, was rhythmic guitarist. Frank Iero.” I replied, shyly.

“You’re legendary where I come from, dude! You know how to play.”

I felt the blood rush straight to my cheeks. “Oh, well thank you so much, man.”

“Yeah, I’m sorry about the. Umm. Others.” He said uncomfortably.

”its fine…” I looked over at him. He was looking at his feet. I noticed on his temple there was a scar of some sort.

“What happened?” I asked, gesturing to it.

“Umm…” he said quickly “Motorbikes. Yeah, I’m a big rider.”

“Cool.” I replied.

The rest of the walk, we just made small-talk. When we arrived home, Gerard wasn’t there. There was a familiar beep coming from the phone, signifying there was a voice message. Probably Gerard.

"Hey, Ryan. Make us a coffee will yah?" I called out.

"Sure" he replied.

I hit the button on the phones reviever.

"Hey, Frankie-baby. Where the hell are you? Call me if you come home, I'm out looking for you. Alright, bye, I love you."

I prayed that Ryan didn't hear that.
I flipped out my phone, in my pocket. It read '7 missed calls, 4 unread messages.'
All of which from Gerard.
I sent him a text message, explaining that I was home, receiving one a few seconds later saying that he'd be right home.

"Find everything okay?" I asked Ryan as I stepped into the kitchen.

"Yep." He replied happily. "But you should probably get that cleaned up first. I hate blood."

I smiled and entered the bathroom, down the hallway, closing the door behind me.
I stared at myself in the mirror, which hung above the basin for a while, thinking of my day. Gerard's gonna need an explanation and what do I tell him? There's no way I'm going to tell him the truth. but I can't lie, he's my boyfriend. We tell eachother anything and everything. But this isn't just anything. No, if he knew he'd probably break up with me. He'd hate me. He'd think I'm lieing or he would think I'm crazy. Neither of which I want him to think because neither of which are true. Well, partially the crazy bit, but the bottom line is, I need to tell him something.
I exhaled aloud, picking up the damp wash-cloth beside me and softly wiped away the dried up blood, down the right side of my face.
After cleaning up the nasty gash I went back to think of an excuse.
Maybe I shoud just say the same thing I said to Ryan? I mean, what else can you- - FUCK!
There was an image behind me. A Figure. Just a flash, but still, clear as daylight.

"Why can't you just leave me the fuck alone! What did I do to you?" I screamed, looking to the ceiling and throwing my arms in the air dramatically.
"Just stop already! Stop!"

There was a knock at the door. Shit, that was a bit loud.

"Frank?"

"Yeah, yeah. Umm. Sorry about that." Another lie that had to be made. "Umm... Prank callers, they won't leave me alone."

"I didn't hear the phone." He asked, looking at me suspisiously.

"A-umm.. My, ah, mobile?" I asked, scratching the back of my head.

"Oh." He nodded. "Well, coffee's done."

I followed him back to the kitchen, where we took a seat.

"So, you in college or anything?" I asked.

"Just graduated, now I'm teaching at the high school." He replied.

"Bellville High?"

"That's the one." He said cheerfully.

"Gee went there." I smiled.

"Gee?"

"Gerard. He was the singer in My Chemical Romance." I said softly.

"Does he live here?"

"Ahh yeah, we're sorta umm." I should NOT have started this sentence.

"Don't worry, I heard the voice message. My little bro goes both ways, I'm completley cool with it."
I let out a sigh of relief.

"Well, its not a public relationship so don't go spreadin' it." I warned.

"'Course not."

The sound of the door clicking open echoed through the house.

"Frankiee?" Gerard called.

"Kitchen." I simply answered. "But thanks, man." I said to Ryan.

"Frankie, who are you talking to?" Gerard asked, as he entered the room.

"Oh, this is Ryan." I smiled pointing at him.
Gerard stared at him with a very strange look on his face.

"Frank..." Gerard said sternly. "There's no-one there."

What?
I looked over at Ryan who shook his head quickly.
"Don't say anything." He looked a bit scared.

"Umm..." was all I managed to get out.

"Frank are you okay?" Ryan shook his head again.

"You know what, Gee. Its been a really tough day. I think I'm gonna go to bed and get some rest." I looked back over at Ryan. Well his seat. He had now dissappeared. Fuck, I really need help.
"I'll explain everything later, I promise." I stood up, and kissed Gerard gently on the cheek. "I love you."

As a turned to walk away, Gerard grabbed my wrist, pulling me into a passionate kiss. He pulled away, mear seconds later.

"Frank, I love you. You can tell me anything, you know that right?" Gee said, looking me straight in the eye.

"I-i do Gee. I just, I'll tell you later. I promise." I hated doing this anymore. Promising was just another lie.

I gave him a reassuring smile and left the room.


____________________


That wasn't the planned chapter either but I'll get it next chapter. I Promise :)

So I'm guessing most of you know what's happening aye? Plan is Frank is seeing the dead. Ooooh!

Thanks again for all my veiwers. You guys are fucking incredible :)
Sign up to rate and review this story