Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Heart It Can't Contain It ...

Chapter Nine

by Redrox 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-04-20 - Updated: 2008-04-20 - 1311 words

0Unrated
The ‘living’ room as it was now known used to the dining and formal lounge room. Rachel had used it for band practice in her teenage years. Now it was filled with huge hard drives, three flat LCD TV screens on the long wall, a main computer and two others stationed either side of the main one. All of it was connected and it was where Kim spent most of her time. When Rachel walled in Kim was already behind the main computer.
“Good morning Kim,” Rachel said.
“Good morning Rachel, didn’t get any sleep again last night?” she asked without looking up from her screen.
“Nope, so, what’s the new gossip?”
“Well THEY were throwing rocks again last night. There were only 10 of them though.”
“Oh, so whose gone missing?” there were originally about 100 of THEM that stalked the border. The girls had named most and had bets on who would disappear next. Luckily the number had swindled down to two digit numbers.
“Grumpy and I think mathematics,” oh yes being cut off from civilization for more then 3 years does little to stimulate the imagination.
“Oh yeah I win … again.” Rachel had a good knack at choosing the runts from a pack. Maybe it was because she had gone to an agricultural high school or because she had spent so much time with THEM.
Rachel sat down at the table at one end of the room. It was, again, littered with book on various subjects. The book shelf on the side on the room looked like it was buckling under the weight. Rachel made a mental note to clean it up. Which reminded her. She got up and walked over to the LCD screens. The main screen displayed a birds eye view of the headland and surrounding area with important landmarks like back-up generators etc etc. The next screen showed what ever was on the main computer screen but was at the moment turned off. The third was a touch screen Kim had recently installed. From it you could pull up anything in the current day’s folder. Each day had its own individual folder. Kim put down all the chore lists in them, information that they acquired and just the general things that happened. Kim was very organized person, except for her office. It was a mess and full of knick knacks and objects with sentimental value. The human physicie never failed to amaze Rachel. Rachel pulled up the to-do-list icon in the corner of the screen and the virtual keyboard and wrote two new entries. Resurface Majors Rd and Clean up living room bookshelf. As she finished Naomi, Caroline and Lindsey walked in. Naomi slumped onto one of the chairs and rested her head on a book for dummies about computers. Lindsey stood in a corner eating an apple. Caroline left the room as soon as she entered and returned with a slice of bread.
“Where’s Kelsey?” I asked the group.
“Probably still in bed,” Lindsey replied. Rachel was really getting ticked off at Kelsey. She was always dragging her weight but recently she had really dropped off. Rachel strided out of the room and marched towards Kelsey’s room. She stopped short of the door and stood looking at the door blankly, wondering whether to knock or not. This was now Kelsey’s room but originally it had been her parents’. The house they were living in was not a random choice. It had been Rachel’s family home before the attacks. It was her safe haven then and now even more so. She stood looking at the door expecting her mother to open it and jump out of her skin, but for all of Rachel’s wishing she knew it wouldn’t happen.
Rachel was a born leader, worked well under pressure and enjoyed taking the helm, but the blood camps had changed that. Naomi was their leader and made sure everyone done what needed to be done. Rachel took a back seat doing what she was told, but in times of trouble she stepped up. She took the reins and moved everyone along whether they liked it or not. This usually happened when they were being attacked by THEM or some other danger threatened to destroy everything they had worked so hard to build. Right now Kelsey was a danger and so she shook her head and opened the door. Kelsey was still lying in bed; she had thrown a cover over the speaker that filtered the alarm clock to everyone’s room. A frown creeped over Rachel’s face and she left the room. She returned with a bowl of water and threw it at Kelsey. The woman jumped and shrieked. Standing at the edge of the bed she looked down at her now soaking nightwear.
“What the hell was that for Rachel! Jesus these are Chanel!”
“I don’t give a shit what the fuck they are. You should be up and in the living room with the rest of us.” Rachel’s face was blank; she showed no emotion and looked at Kelsey as if she was meeting her for the first time.
“Whatever, that was no need to soak me.”
“What you are fucking joking right. You have been late five days in a row now and you’ve been thinking up bogus excuses to get out of work. Now fucking move.”
“Hey I’ve been ill and I don’t need this shit from you I might as well just set up my own base camp.”
“Go on then and take this shit with you.” Rachel moved to the side of the door and waited for Kelsey to make a move.
“Your turning into one of them you know, a boring precise bogan. I think it must come from all the time you spent in the camps.” A smirk started to form at the edges of Kelsey’s mouth. Rachel and her had never gotten along but this was stepping over the line. Rachel didn’t speak about what happened to her in the camps, she saw no point. Now anger started to boil up inside her and she flew across the room until her face was within inches to Kelsey’s. Kelsey instantly stumbled back, the smirk now gone from her face. Still Rachel spoke, cool as a cucumber.
“Really Kelsey is that what you think? Well now that you know my secret I think I should throw you to THEM tonight. I can’t let this secret get out can I, that I’m one of THEM, trying to infiltrate this little fortress of yours.” The sarcasm was dripping of off her voice. “Or maybe I’ll just rip out your throat right fucking here. Is that what you want? That of course is one of the many options available to you, but I have a better one. Better for you and for me. How about you move your slow , fat arse out into the living room and work with the rest of us to keep this place going. So we can survive and outdo those bastards for just a little bit longer huh? So what do you choose Kelsey?” Kelsey wasn’t fat, far from it but she had hit a nerve with Rachel and Rachel was just returning the favor. The look of shock on her face switched to one of malice and she was about to reply to her when a voice sounded form the door.
“Are you guys coming?” Caroline asked. She had no idea about what had just happened and moved off towards the others.
“So Kelsey what’s your choice?” Kelsey gave Rachel one more look of contempt and walked off to join the others. Rachel sighed and shook her head today was going to be a long day.
Sign up to rate and review this story