Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Experiencing A Broken Heart

Forgotten...

by inkvent 2 reviews

Chapter seven!

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Published: 2008-04-22 - Updated: 2008-04-22 - 918 words - Complete

0Unrated
“You...don’t know who I am?”

How could that be? They loved each other...he couldn’t have forgotten everything...could he?

The other boy nodded slowly and looked at Ryan with a look of fear on his face.

“Um...I’m sorry....” He stuttered but Ryan was already stood up.

“That’s...that’s fine...” He muttered under his breath and stepped quickly out of the room.

“WAIT!” The boy called but Ryan didn’t stop, he just kept walking.

The boy’s mother was in the reception. Her face was red and her eyes were wet from crying.

“Ryan? Dear? Is Brendon awake?” She hurried up to him.

“Yes, yes he is...” Ryan replied. His voice was quiet and almost inaudible.

“What’s wrong dear?” She asked and gave Ryan a very tight hug. “Everything’s alright now...so don’t be sad...ok?”

Ryan just nodded.

“I...I have to go home now Mrs. Urie. I’m sorry.” He started to walk away but then turned back. “Tell Brendon I’m sorry too.”

Her face twisted with confusion but she didn’t think of it as anything serious.

“I will Ryan, you go home then!” She smiled warmly at him and started to walk towards Brendon’s room.

She stepped inside.

“Mum?” His voice was quiet and sounded shocked.

“Yes darling?” She whispered. Her voice was soothing and instantly made Brendon feel more relaxed.

“Who was that boy?” He asked slowly.

“Which boy?”

“The boy who just left my room...”

She understood now.

She understood what Ryan had meant when he had said sorry.

“Ah. Well, that’s Ryan. You might not remember him, because of your...accident. He’s one of your very good friends.” She smiled reassuringly at her son. “But it’ll all come back to you soon.”

“Are you sure?” Brendon asked. He was convinced.

“Yes, I’m sure...Why do you sound so uncertain?”

“Because he doesn’t seem like the kind of person I’d be friends with.” Brendon paused to think. “He was too, withdrawn and...Silent...”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
1 week later.

Brendon had finally been let out of hospital.

Over the last seven days he’d been visited by all kinds of interesting people from his school.

He remembered every single one of them.

But the one person he didn’t remember didn’t come back to see him.

And that was the one person Brendon really wanted to see, his so called ‘best friend’ whom he didn’t remember.

He interested Brendon.

The way he had held Brendon’s hand.

The way he had smiled at him when Brendon had woken.

The pain in his eyes when Brendon had told him he didn’t know who he was.

Everything about him.

That’s why Brendon had to find him.

Had to ask him questions.

But Brendon wasn’t allowed out of the house.

It would apparently affect his health.

But it turned out he didn’t need to leave the house.

He found another source to answer his questions.

It was a card.

And on the envelope it said “Sorry.” In fancy lettering.

He opened it very slowly and very carefully, so that he wouldn’t rip the paper.

The card was blank inside, so that you could write your own personal message.

Brendon read the message and his eyes widened.

He read it over and over again.

“Dear Brendon,
I’m sorry. I’m so, so sorry for hurting you. For telling you that I never wanted to see you again. I didn’t mean it. But I had to do it, or else you could’ve been in danger. You know how my dad is...I...need you to know that I love you and that I always have loved you and...Over the past year, when I haven’t been able to speak to you in fear of hurting you more, I have been in so much pain. I needed to speak to you, I had to hear you talk to me again; I needed to hear your voice. I needed to see you smile. I needed to see the Brendon that I fell in love with, not the Brendon I ruined. I’m truly sorry. I understand if you don’t forgive me, to be truthful I don’t expect you will. What I did isn’t something that’s easily forgiven.
Brendon, I’m so sorry.
If I never see you again, just know that I love you more than anything.
Ryan.”

Brendon had read enough.

He didn’t really understand everything in the letter, but he realised that whatever he couldn’t remember was possibly the best and worst thing that had ever happened to him.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Ryan sat very still in his room. Waiting for his father to come and beat him.

Ryan had told his father that he was still in love with Brendon.

It wasn’t something his father would freely accept.

There was a knock on his door. Ryan sighed and prepared himself for the fist in the face.

He closed his eyes and listened to the sound of the door opening.

“Ryan?” The voice was small and desperate.

He opened his eyes slowly and saw, to his surprise, the last person on Earth he’d expect to see.

The boy was breathing heavily, like he’d been running, he held a card in his hand.

His face was pale and beautiful.

Pale and beautiful.

Like snow.
Sign up to rate and review this story