Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Escaping Darkness

Haunting Dreams

by brokenhalo 1 review

Haunting Dreams

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2008-04-23 - Updated: 2008-04-23 - 553 words - Complete

0Unrated
Haunting Dreams.
Frank’s POV
“...there’s s...so much bl...blood.” I sobbed, pressing my hands over Mary's wound, her blood probably forever staining my hands as I tried to give her a few moments longer on this earth.
“I love you.” She whispered.
I violently shook my head, staring down into Mary's toffee eyes as the sparkle of life slowly began to leave her, dark lashes fluttering with the loose breath filtering through her body. “Don’t say good-bye baby, I'll save you...I need you.”
“I love you.” Mary choked, her cold grasp slipping from mine as her last blink took her life.

Jolting awake and disbanding my nightmares, I clutched my chest grasping for breath as I glanced sideways at a sleeping Mary. Carefully sliding out from beneath the summer sheets, I wandered out onto the porch inhaling the salty scent of the ocean as I rubbed my temples.
Closing my eyes the sounds of the waves crashing into the sandy beach were interrupted by the distance cries of Mary, her tears melting into my skin as memories and horrible nightmares started creeping from their night time banks to plague my daily thoughts.
“Frankie?” Mary's arms snaked round my waist, dry lips gently kissing my shoulder as she hugged me tightly from behind. “Another nightmare?”
“Yeah.”
The small bump of Mary’s growing stomach pressed into me before she forced me to face her, dim lighting from the bedroom exposing the worry held deep within her watery gaze. “Still about the guys dying?”
I unwittingly glanced down at Mary’s scar, the one I inflicted the first night we met and the one Mary forght so hard to keep hidden. When I didn’t answer Mary cupped my chin lifting my head to meet her gaze. “Tell me Frank.”
“It was about you,” I mumbled guiltily. “you died.”
Mary’s hands instinctively went to her stomach. “What about bub?”
“I don’t know, but it was just a nightmare.” I stated moulding my hands over Mary's to calm her trembling. “A stupid nightmare baby.”
“Is it?” Mary questioned, chin wrinkling as her pregnancy emotions stirred, hands shaking off mine. “You’ve been having these nightmares for months now, how can you call it a stupid nightmare? Have you heard from any of the guys?”
I didn’t answer again causing Mary to step back, brown locks slipping from their ponytail hold as she quickly disappeared back into the bedroom, bathroom door slamming seconds later.

Mary’s POV
I hadn’t flicked a page in an hour. Eyes focusing on the writing but my mind was solely on Frank, and his nightmares. Snapping the book shut, I tossed it upon the empty seat beside me, rising carefully while manicured fingertips massaged my stomach.
Picking the phone off the latch, I dialed Sarah’s number, waiting patiently as the dial rang in my ear, nerves slowly increasing the longer she didn’t answer.
“Hey.”
“Hey Sara...”
“Physic!” She giggled. “It’s my answering machine, so leave a message and I'll call you back.”
Sighing I hung up, tracing the wooden floors towards the French doors, waltzing out onto the deck noticing Frank sitting alone on the beach. I hesitantly motioned forward but stayed firm in my place, casting my gaze elsewhere.
Sign up to rate and review this story