Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > We Must Reinvent Love

Pretty. Odd.

by Music_Is_Love 0 reviews

Ryan tells Brendon and Spencer he wants them to meet Sarah.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-04-23 - Updated: 2008-04-24 - 670 words

0Unrated
Ryan sat at the small, square, glass table on the balcony of the restaurant. Sarah was almost five minutes late and he was afraid she would stand him up. Such a pretty girl- she couldn’t go for him, could she? Her name probably wasn’t even Sarah. He sighed and shook his head. It’s only five minutes, he thought, calm down, Ryan. At that moment, he looked up to the door, and his breath caught in his throat as the most beautiful girl he’d ever seen walked onto the balcony. Her hair was slightly wavy, bleach blond, and she was wearing a striped white-and-black, long-sleeved shirt and dark blue skinny jeans. Her deep brown eyes searched the balcony behind her white-rimmed sunglasses and after a second, landed on him. She smiled and waved and he realized, quite suddenly, that it was Sarah. He grinned back, suddenly antsy. He fidgeted in his seat as she took her place across from him, taking off her sunglasses, placing them on the table.

“Hey Ryan.”

“Hi Sarah,” he replied shyly, “you look, different.”

She laughed.

“Well, of course. I can’t be sexy all the time. Sometimes I have to be just, Sarah.”

He smiled.

“I suppose so.”

“How are you?”

“I’m good.”

“That’s good.”

“Um, you?”

“I’m lovely, Ryan, thank you for asking.” She smiled. They fell silent for a second
and he readjusted himself, crossing his leg over his knee.

“So, Sarah, tell me about yourself.”

“Well,” she began, “I grew up in Los Angeles. My dad left us when were young. I have two older sisters. I went to a pre-graduate program in high school, which allowed me to train to be a lawyer, but I got offered a well-paying receptionist job right out of school, so I took it. I worked there for two years- I’d love a coffee, thanks.” She cut in, talking to a waitress.

“So, what brought you to Vegas?”

She shrugged.

“I was bored with my life, so I dropped it. Took a risk and got paid big time. That’s what Vegas is all about, isn’t it?”

He nodded.

“What about you?”

“Well,” he shrugged, “I have a pretty… normal life.”

More like pretty odd. He took a sip of his sprite. The waitress came with Sarah’s coffee and she thanked her with a gorgeous smile.

“So, how old are you, Ryan? I know you’re not twenty-one.”

He shrugged, smiling.

“I’m nineteen.”

“You?”

She laughed, sipping her coffee.

“Well, I am twenty-one.”

Over the next two weeks, Sarah spent most of her days dancing for random, but rich, strangers and hanging out with her insta-friend, and Ryan spent his thinking about her. Every day, they’d gone out, just for lunch, or a movie, or to her place for coffee, and soon, Sarah considered the boy to be her best friend.

Ryan stood in his apartment with his own best friends, and band-mates, Brendon and Spencer, telling them about Sarah. Brendon smiled as he finished.

“She sounds sweet Ryan.”

The boy nodded enthusiastically.

“She’s awesome you guys.”

“Sounds like you’re in love.” Brendon teased. Ryan frowned.

“I don’t think of her like that.”

“She’s a stripper, Ryan.”

“Okay, I don’t think of her like that anymore.”

Spencer grinned.

“Is she hot?”

Ryan scoffed.

“I just said I didn’t think of her like that.”

“I know.” The younger boy shrugged, “But is she?”

Ryan rolled his eyes at his friends.

“Anyways, I want you two to meet her. She’s a really good person, so no stripper
jokes.”

Brendon nodded, placing a hand over his heart.

“I solemnly swear.”

Spencer burst out laughing, but Ryan wasn’t impressed.

“Seriously, guys!”

“Okay, okay. Chill. No stripper jokes.”

“Good. And, she doesn’t know about the band, so, none of that, either.”

“Okey-dokey. Can do.” Brendon replied, saluting this time, sending Spencer off the
couch in another huge fit of laughter.
Sign up to rate and review this story