Categories > Anime/Manga > Vampire Knight > The Darkest Room

Test

by kisara_chan 0 reviews

Will Zero trust Ichijo and Shiki?

Category: Vampire Knight - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Sci-fi - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-05-06 - Updated: 2008-05-06 - 462 words

0Unrated
Shoving his hands in his pockets, Zero strode across the grass, each stride wider than the last. The situation with Yuuki made him frustrated - more frustrated than he had been in a long time. He had always known that converting Cross Academy to a shelter for vampires had been a bad idea - but now it seemed not even attacks on Yuuki would change anyone’s minds.
Kicking a cowslip, his eyes fell on two figures draped in hoods, also scurrying across the grass. For some reason, even though the pair were hidden from him, their very presence activated old instincts, filling him with suspicion.

“Hey,” he hollered, picking up speed. “Where do you think you’re going?”

At the sound of his voice, the pair did not slow, instead quickened their pace in the direction of the stable, confirming Zero’s preconceptions.

Quickening his own pace and unsheathing his Bloody Rose , Zero took aim for the grass beside their feet, exploding the turf by the left runner’s foot. Jumping in shock, they leapt into the path of the other and both fell tumbling into the grass.

Stepping over to the pair, still aiming his pistol, Zero dragged back the hood of the closest to him - revealing the model features of Senri Shiki. Snarling, he loaded the Bloody Rose as both vampires climbed to their feet.

“Vampires,” he hissed. “How dare you run free after everything you have done!”

It was Ichijo’s turn to reveal his face and, albeit carefully so as to avoid the barrel of the gun, walked over to Zero.

“You are quite mistaken Zero-kun,” he said. “We’re not here to cause trouble.”

Grabbing hold of Ichijo’s shoulder, Shiki positioned his face so it was level with Zero’s.
“THE STABLE’S ON FIRE!!!!!!!!” He shouted, pointing in the direction of the rapidly increasing smoke, now in broad view.

Staring at the smoke for a moment, the dull sound of his heart thudding in his chest, he then turned back towards the Night Class Students, who were regarding him uncomfortably.

“If you’re not here to cause trouble, then I shall assume that you’re here to make yourselves useful,” he commanded, scanning their frames and throwing off his jacket. “Go and fetch as many buckets of water from the pump as you can; I’m going to save the horses.”

This phrase caused a silent unrest among Shiki and Ichijo, written only on their faces, but still they nodded and headed to the pump in the centre of the schoolyard - Shiki nudging Ichijo as they went.

“Why didn’t you tell him?” he muttered, when they were out of earshot.

Ichijo did not reply; he was contemplating that same question himself.
Sign up to rate and review this story