Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Fire and Ice

Aftermath

by Fireflashphoenix 1 review

When her parents become Death Eaters, Blaise Zabini (femaleblaise) runs away from home to avoid that fate, running to her headmaster for help, she is sent to the one place that is better protected ...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Blaise Zabini, Harry - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2005-05-11 - Updated: 2005-05-11 - 1287 words

1Exciting
Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or any of the characters attached.

I apologise for how short my chapters are, I struggle to write longer ones, at a later date I might go back and put several chapters together into one, but for now:

Read and Review.

Chapter 11: Aftermath.

Silence. That was all that could be heard. Silence so complete it hurt. No wind, no talking, no clothes rubbing against each other, no owls, no cars, nothing.

Vernon Dursley was the first to move from his position on the floor. Still no sound could be heard. He vaguely registered the feeling of something warm and sticky running down the side of his face.

Slowly people began to get up, yet none of them could hear a thing. The scene was one of total destruction. The house that stood at number four Privet Drive was gone. Several cars on the street were tipped on their sides, every piece of glass and pottery in a two mile radius was blown out, tiny fragments of which covered the area.

Every one inside a 200-meter radius heard nothing for a few minutes, but when your so used to hearing things, being deaf for several minutes feels like a lifetime.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Harry could feel Voldemort regaining consciousness. He knew he was going to Privet Drive. He knew the order wouldn't get there in time. He knew he had to go himself.

Shifting into his phoenix form, he flashed to outside number four and shifted back two feet from the ground.

Dropping to his feet, he suddenly realised he had a passenger, two of them, one with black hair, one with red.

His girlfriend and sister had come along for the ride.

"What the hell are you two doing here?" he hissed rounding on them.

"We're here to make sure you don't get your self killed." they calmly replied while pulling out their wands.

Harry's reply was cut off by several cracks. Spinning around Harry came face to face with a battered and bloodied group of Death Eaters. More were apparating into the area every second as they began forming circles around the wizard and two witches.

Within two minutes there were over 200 Death Eaters surrounding Harry, Blaise and Rose, who were stood back to back, facing the surrounding Death Eaters.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Vernon Dursley couldn't believe this was happening, freaks with white masks and black robes surrounded his freak of a nephew. He didn't know much about these freaks, but he could tell by the way the held themselves that they were all desperate to kill the Potter boy, yet he just stood there, back straight, head held high, not a single sign of fear on his face.

Taking in the scene before him, he couldn't help but re-evaluate the image he had of his nephew and the people like him.

His hearing had returned by now, so he could hear quite clearly when his nephew spoke up.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

"Well, what are you waiting for, attack me, I'm sure your pathetic Lord would be rather displeased that you didn't take every opportunity possible to at least torture me." he said trying to stop his heart from erupting out of his chest. He could hear little except for the blood pounding in his ears, but he didn't let his fear show.

"We'd love to Potter, but he wants the pleasure of torturing you himself." one of the death eaters said. 'Macnair', Harry thought as he recognised him.

"You do know that he is a hypocrite. He's a half-blood like me, and I'm going to kill him."

"How dare you, the Dark lord is not a Half-blood, he has more pure blood on him than me." Screeched a voice to Harry's left, it sounded similar to Bellatrix, 'must be Narcissa Malfoy', Harry thought.

"So Narcissa, when were you marked? This summer? 'cause I sure as hell don't remember seeing you at Voldie's resurrection ceremony, or the ministry battle."

"None of your business when we were inducted you little brat." said another voice, this one male.

"Shut up father, we know when you were inducted."

"Blaise you little cow, you think this brat can protect you? HA, don't make me laugh, he couldn't protect himself, let alone a little whore like you." Mr. Zabini Hissed at his daughter.

Harry's wand was pointed at him in an instant, intense anger etched in his face. "Don't you dare insult Blaise again, or it will be the last thing you ever do!" The look on Harry's face and the tone of voice he used told everyone there that it wasn't a threat but a promise.

"I'll insult my own daughter if I see fit to! Blaise, join us, join the winning side."

"I already am on the winning side!"

"We'll see when the Dark Lord gets here."

Her reply was cut off by a low pop as a skeletal figure appeared in front of Harry; he had a flat, snake like face and red slit eyes.

Lord Voldemort had just appeared on Privet Drive.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here? Potter, a blood traitor and who is this, I would say Genevra Weasley, but you don't have the freckles, so let me see...red hair...familiar green eyes, you must be little Rose Potter, Yes I know who you are, if I hadn't been blown out of my body by your annoying brother I would have raised you as my own, but of course, it's a little too late for that."

"What do you want Tom?" Harry said, loud enough to be heard by the entire street without being shouted.

"That is not my name, it's Lord Voldemort."

"Now, now, no need to play name games, we all know you just love your muggle father's name."

"How dare you, I do not have a muggle father you little brat."

"It's nothing to be ashamed of Tom."

"How dare you insult the Dark Lord! Avada Kedavra!" screeched Narcissa Malfoy to Harry's left.

Pivoting round Harry saw that Narcissa's aim was off and her curse was heading for Blaise, doing the only thing he could, he stepped in front of the curse, praying that Dumbledore could find a way to kill Voldemort without him.

The next thing he knew was pain, immense pain, it was worse than the Cruciatus, far worse, but it was dying, receding to a dull throbbing, but it was still too much and the next thing Harry knew was blackness.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

As the curse sped towards her, Blaise felt a strange comfort spread through her, then her vision was obscured by Harry stepping in front of the curse, protecting her with his own life, then it hit him square in the chest. He just seemed to absorb it, before he bent double in pain, refusing to scream, seconds later he collapsed, rolling onto his back. Blaise could see his chest rising and falling as he breathed.

Blaise just stared at him as she realised he was still alive she broke out in a huge grin; turning to Voldemort she just smirked. "Looks like he still has his blood protection you disgusting freak!"

Voldemort must have decided that he couldn't kill him since he just apparated away with his Death Eaters seconds before a battered and bloodied order of the phoenix arrived to find Blaise and Rose trying to wake up the boy-who-lived-again. Several seconds after the order arrived a group of about 30 bloodied Aurors turned up, obviously the survivors from Azkaban.
Sign up to rate and review this story