Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Sin City.

I dont even know your name.

by darkviolet 3 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2008-05-15 - Updated: 2012-12-30 - 2567 words

0Unrated
Tilly shot up in her bed, slight panic filling her heart at the sight of the new plain gold band on her finger.
'OK don't panic!,' She commanded her frantic mind, 'It's OK that I don't have any records of my own wedding, typical Tilly situation, I've dealt with worse. I'm a cool blooded New York manager. I'm calm and composed. I will not faint.' A frustrated groan escaped her thin lips as she jumped out of the bed, snatching a baggy T shirt from the overflown suitcase that was carelessly tossed on the floor.
'How I always get into crap like that, it's amazing how troubles follow me around', she paced the small hotel room, sending her hand rapidly through her hair, 'what do I do? What do I do?!'

Gradually she stopped pacing, relaxing her tensed shoulders a little, maybe it wasn't that horrible after all, no one barged in on her yet, claiming her and even if she married someone it's not like her fortune was in danger because..Well she had none and if they wanna have her loans, she wouldn't mind submitting it to them....No harm was done.
Another cleansing deep breathe and she collapsed back into bed, she can track down the guy and divorce him. No biggie and another wild story to tell the future grandchildren about how Nonna Tilly married some stranger after a night of binge drinking in Vegas. She could picture her old self, sitting in front of the fire place, indulging in the warm glow of the fire and in the kids admiring stares 'wow Nonna, you did that!', 'I did Tilly junior, but I was young and wild back at the day'.
That made her smile, it's OK, it's gonna be OK, she'll try to track down her husband before going back tonight and file the papers on the spot.

She stepped into the shower, washing off last night of her skin and embracing the warm feeling together with the new responsible Tilly. She didn't freak out like she normally would've, getting into more trouble. She assessed the situation, thought it through and is ready to confront the consequence, just like Stephanie would've done...Of course Stephanie wouldn't find herself in this situation from the get go but screw that snobby bitch.
Just as she finished putting on her shoes, there was an impatient knock...Actually it was a series of knocks and she wasn't at all surprised to find Molly on her door step but she was surprised to see the guy from last night standing shyly behind her, not daring to look at her, "Moll..Erm hi there"

"Look who I found," Molly pushed past her in her usual bold manner, "Your freaking husband"

Tilly was relieved she didn't have to go on exhausting quest of finding the owner of the band on her finger but yet she desperately hoped her hopeless romantic of a sister won't butt in, "Yeah. Right. How are you?," she prayed someone will say his name soon.

He smiled shyly, feeling intimidated by the girl in front of him...Actually he felt intimidated by them both. The younger one refused to pass a message and insisted on dragging him here which he rather she didn't since he was miles out of his comfort zone.

Tilly offered him a seat, desperately trying to phrase a nice sentences suggesting they'll find a lawyer and quick. 'How about we sign these paper now', lame.
'So you know a good lawyer?', nah.
'So it's your first divorce?', awkward.

"Um I think we got married yesterday," he raised his left hand awkwardly, breaking the silence.

"No shit, Sherlock," Tilly raised her own finger, "Now what?"

He bit his lip, letting his hand drop to the side. Not wanting to offend the girl but at the same time aching to put the whole experience behind him quickly and without anyone knowing. It wasn't like him to do shit like that.
Get drunk beyond recognition, yes. Marry an utter stranger, no.
He wasn't that impulsive and besides, marriage wasn't for him, his past relationship showed him that much. 8 years down the drain and for what? For a heated meal and once a week sex night? No thank you, his heart was pinched at the thoughts going through his mind, "I think we should break it off before it turns into a lot of paper work"

"Good thinking," Tilly grabbed her jacket off the rack and headed for the door, "Let's go"

"Wait!," Molly ran to block the exit before her sister did, in her opinion, possibly the biggest mistake of her life, "Don't do it"
Tilly rolled her eyes, she just saw it coming. Molly was a romantic freak, 6 years old or 21, it didn't matter. No failed fling or heartbreak got Molly pessimistic or cynical, she believed that Mr. right was somewhere out there, waiting for her and forced that belief down Tilly's throat every chance she got. She got a lot of these since Tilly's love life wasn't exactly a fairy tale. It was more like a nightmare.
"What if you're meant to be?," Molly exclaimed, receiving a doubtful exchange of looks from the newlyweds, "What if you let go the person of your dreams and lose your chance of happiness?," her eager gaze bounced from one skeptical face to the other.

"Molly," Tilly took a deep gulp of air, trying to be as patient with her sister as she could, "Please move out of the way. It was a mistake"

"What if it wasn't," Molly begged her sister with her eyes to see the plain truth, obviously they were meant to be. It wasn't just coincidence they were both in Vegas, at the same time! In the same hotel! It just had to be faith but the stubborn ass of a sister didn't see it.

"Molly, I don't even know him," Tilly was tempted to push Molly out of the way and run for it. A similar thought of that sort went through Gerard's mind too, accompanied by rants about the crazy people he always managed to meet.

"Well get to know each other," Molly pushed them back into the room, sitting Tilly on the bed and pushing Gerard on the near armchair. Tilly didn't look pleased and neither was Gerard but he didn't dare saying anything. You might never know what these little hands will do his throat in an act of female rage.
"You both like to eat, right? Go out for dinner! Just give it a try! Don't just walk away without even trying! It's obviously fate!"

Tilly stared at her sister with glazed expression on her face, Molly always tired her with her enthusiasm and she knew she would just keep insisting until either Tilly gave in to her or judging by her husbands face expression, get strangled by the belt he has nervously been fiddling with, "Fine. We'll go but you're not to follow us"

Molly jumped up in the air with her usual air of creepy enthusiasm and a childish grin spread on her face, being annoying had it's perks, "But you gotta promise to try"

"We will do our best, no marriage is easy," Tilly smiled with difficulty, turning to her husband, "You like Italian?"

He nodded with confusion, crazy thoughts about him being forced into a van flashed in his head. 'That's what you get when you go on a crazed ass binge drinking and marry into a lunatic family', he thought about calling his own brother or maybe one of his friends but instantly decided against it, they would just get upset with him for drinking. He'll just run away as soon as he can and let his manager handle the nutty wife and her nuttier sister.

Molly beamed, "You're communicating already," she was blissfully unaware of the bad things they both wanted to do to her.

"Let's go then," Tilly motioned at the door and stepped out, I'll be back by 4," or as soon as we'll find a lawyer.

"Take your time," Molly waved her hand, walking them out, time meant nothing when love is involved.

"My sister is insane!" Tilly cried out as soon as they were out of ear shot, "I'm so sorry"
Gerard smiled politely, he knew it would be rude to agree.
"So you know where we can find a lawyer?," she turned her sparkly grey eyes on him when they stepped into the elevator.

"A lawyer?," Gerard frowned. What did he missed? Didn't they agree to try out this marriage thing or did he tune out at some point?.

"You weren't seriously thinking I'm gonna listen to my wacky sister, did you?," she turned her fireworks for an eyes down to the floor, "She's insane. It'll never work, I don't even know you"
As much as she hated to admit it even to herself and despite all her broken relationships, Tilly believed in love, she wanted to find the right person and spend the rest of her life with him but she doubted a Vegas wedding was the way to go.

"Right," he observed her little frame in the mirror, avoiding his own reflection, "You mind if we grab something to eat first? I'm starving"

"Of course," she nodded and stepped out of the elevator, waiting for him to follow.

They ended up in a quiet Italian restaurant just around the corner from the hotel, sharing a pizza quietly. They secretly observed each other, shy and hesitant sneaky looks and awkward smiles.
Gerard put down his slice and fiddled with the napkin, feeling suddenly courageous, "You don't even remember my name, do you?"

Tilly froze like a deer caught in the headlights, "What makes you say that?," it's not that she was shy but her it felt weird to her to be around him. Technically he was her husband, someone she always thought she should cherish and respect till death, yet she knew nothing about him, including his name. He could be a serial killer for all she knew, this could even be her last meal.

"I dunno," he shrugged, smiling at how adorably uncomfortable she was, "It's Gerard by the way. Gerard Arthur Way"

"Arthur?," she chuckled, "Sounds like an old person's name"

He blushed a little and resumed nibbling on his slice, "What's yours?"

"Tilly," she avoided his eyes. There was no way in hell she'd tell him her full name, she wasn't even sure her own sister knew it, it would remain a dark secret between her and her revenge seeking parents.

"That's unusual," he commented, "Just Tilly? Is it like the full version?"

"The full version goes with with me to the grave," Tilly said determinedly, "And beyond"

"Oh come on," he laughed, "I told you mine"

"I'm doing it to spare your mental health," she said seriously, "It's better not to know"

"Tilly...Tilly," he rolled the name on his lips and surprising it didn't feel as foreign as you would've expected, "Tilly. Tilly"

"Don't wear it out,"

His gaze locked with hers but he broke it off, feeling uncomfortable at the shock waves her grey eyes were drilling into his brain, "Sounds like a hamster's name"

"Gee, thanks," she giggled her unique giggle, the one she shared with her sister and the one that surprisingly fitted them both.

"So what's you favorite color?," he sat back and lowered his hands to his lap

"Oh it's the getting to know your spouse time. Right," she struggled with a string of cheese that hung from her mouth before dabbing her lips with the blue napkin, "I love green and blue. I enjoy music and going to live concerts, I can't play shit, I live in NY, am a Gemini, likes books and writing. NYU graduate, 25 years old. Hates mornings. Likes tea. Is of German and British heritage. No My ancestors weren't Nazi's or related to the loyal family and...um scared shitless of snakes," she failed to to bring herself up to mentioning the sucky ass band she represented.

"Tilly 101," Gerard chuckled.

"Well we have a lot to catch up," Tilly gave him a sweet smile that made him smile and that made her smile even wider,"'Your turn"

"Let's see," he pondered where to start, should he skip the childhood part or the drug abuse, what about the band? Should he mention that? He wanted to impress her, leave her in awe but what will leave her speechless? He didn't know that much about his wife to know what might impress her, "I'm a Jersey born, I like the misfits, smashing pumpkins and queen among the rest. I love drawing and comics, have a degree in fine arts, hate tans, being in the sun for too long, like psychotic things (he regretted that the minute he said that), I have younger brother and I love books. I am a coffee slash jacket whore"

"Wow you sound like a myspace profile," Tilly didn't look as impressed as he hoped her to be but she wasn't booing either.

He shrugged her comment off, "Now that we're covered the first month of dating, tell me more about yourself"

"What you wanna know?"

"Have you ever killed a person?"

"What the fuck?"

"Well I don't know you, you might have"

"I tried to stab my first grade teacher for giving me too much homework with a pencil, does it count?"

Gerard let out a short laugh.

"It was a really sharp pencil"


"So do you remember anything from last night?"
She shrugged and pushed her plate aside, "Do you?"

"Bits and pieces," he smirked and looked down at his own plate.

His sly little smirk made Tilly narrow her big grey eyes until they were nothing but little slits, "What kinda bits and pieces?"

"Dont worry about it," he dismissed her with the wave of his hand, still smirking.

She didn't like the sound of it, but her eyes rested on the big blue clock, and horror flushed her over, she had to board her plane in less then an hour.
They practically ran back to the hotel, then sprinted to the cab and then to her respectful terminal with the light suitcase between them.

"So I guess this is it," Gerard paused before she handed her ticket to the hostess.

"We'll always have Vegas," Tilly laughed joyfully.

"Can you give me your phone number at least?"

"Right," she looked him over, narrow eyed, "Send me the papers," she quickly pulled out a pen out of her bag and scribbled feverishly her address and phone number.

"Is it OK if I call sometimes too,?" he asked, hunching his shoulders and rubbing his neck nervously. If nothing they could be friends, she was a nice person, good listener, not judgmental, he missed that in his life, someone subjective who didn't know him before or the person he used to be. Someone who just enjoyed talking to him. It was a nice change, he would even accept her insane sister if it meant he could have a friend outside the band.

"Yeah," she said hesitantly, burning to know what exactly he meant, "I'd love to"

One last swish of her long ponytail and she left Vegas behind and Gerard standing on one spot, staring at the piece of paper with her details....
Sign up to rate and review this story