Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Give Me a Shot to Remember

A Styrofoam Coffee Cup

by rockchick493 3 reviews

Frank and Gerard get together, Gerard gets hurt.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2008-05-18 - Updated: 2008-05-18 - 1241 words

1Ambiance
Chapter Three - Gerard's P.O.V

I stood there, after Mikey left, contemplating. I didn't really know what to do, tell Frankie or not. I mean, he just got out of a pretty crappy relationship and I value his friendship so much right now. It's probably not the right time to mention my feelings to him, maybe I should wait a while... But would I ever find the right time to tell him?
Mulling this over, I made my way to the fire escape, I seriously needed a fag to solve this one. Opening the door, I stepped out into the cool night air, thankful for the breeze playing across my face and clearing my jumbled thoughts.
"Hey Gerard!" a voice to the left of me said.
"Jesus Frank! You nearly gave me a f*cking heart attack!" only when I was fully turned towards him, did I see the smile playing across his lips. I don't know how I missed it; it lit up his face like a kid on Christmas morning. He too was having a fag, but I saw a Styrofoam coffee cup on the stairs where he had evidently been sitting. Damn! I wonder if I could take it without him noticing...
Turning back to Frankie, and realising he was still smiling, I said, "What's got you in such a great mood?"
"Well, I heard something today and it made me very very happy. So... I wanted to do something about it. And this is what I'm doing," and as he finished, he kissed me. I was genuinely shocked; I mean I seriously had no idea he was going to do that. Realising I wasn't returning his kiss, he stopped. When he saw my face, his own face fell and he looked down at his feet. Aww, he's so cute, but I have to tell him a few things first.
"Frankie, listen to me please," I said to the top of his head as he was still looking at his feet. "I really do want to be with you, you could never understand how much. But it's just complicated right now."
"Oh," he said. He looked so miserable. I couldn't take it anymore. I lifted his chin and looked into his eyes. Then, I kissed him, and he kissed me back. We kissed like there was no tomorrow, and then, when we had to pull away to breathe, he put his head on my chest. It felt so natural, so right to be with him.
"I love you Gerard, I always have," he whispered.
"I love you too Frankie. I've wanted to tell you for such a long time..."
And we stood there hugging for what felt like hours. Finally, I think we both started to feel the cold and went back inside.

Frank's P.O.V

As we walked in from the fire escape, I put my arm around Gerard's waist and he draped his over my shoulders. I don't think that I've ever been happier. Even with Jamia, we had awkward moments but with Gerard, I dunno, it feels like we were always meant to be.
"Hey, do you wanna go to my room?" I asked Gerard.
"Why not?" Gerard replied, kissing my neck. It tickled, so I giggled.
"I love your giggle," he said.
I blushed, not quite sure why.
When we got to my dressing room, I opened the door and found Mikey on my couch. What was he doing here?
"Um, guys, we kinda have to pack up and go," he told us. "We have to be in Chicago by tomorrow, so we gotta be on the bus like, now."
"Okay, we'll see you there in like five minutes. I need to go pack my stuff," Gerard told Mikey.
"Fine, see you in five. And if you're not on the bus in five minutes, I am gonna come find you," Mikey said and walked out.
"Dude, what's up with your brother today?" I asked Gerard.
"He's just... well... looking out for me in a way, I guess."
More like looking out for himself.
"And the threats?"
"Can we enjoy the moment please?" he whined. God, he's such a girl.
"I have just one thing to do before," I said and walked out the room.
"Frankie! Where are you going?" Gerard shouted frantically as he followed me.
"I'm going to pack your stuff and then take it to my room," I replied walking faster.
"Why?" A frown covered his face, like he was really confused.
"So that we can be ready to leave when Mikey comes barging in on us."
"Oh, I guess that makes sense."
As we reached Gerard's room, he immediately went to the corner where he had stacked his bags. He threw me his make-up bag and said, "Put all the make up in there and when you're done, start handing me any item of clothing you can see."
"Okay."
I shoved all his make-up in the bag as fast as I could and then started throwing random items of clothing at him. I accidentally threw a shoe, and as he only saw it coming at him at the last minute, he didn't have time to duck. Holy shit! I didn't mean for it to hit him in the face! Oh, fuck, is he bleeding?
"Oh my God! Gerard are you okay? Shit shit shit shit shit..."
He's not moving!! Fuck!! What am I gonna do? I think I just killed Gerard!!

Third Person

Frank looked on as blood trickled down Gerard's forehead. His face looked awfully pale as he lay there on the floor. Frank kneeled down next to him, holding his hand and whispering words of comfort in his ear. He called for help, shouting Mikey's name and when no one answered, he called Ray's and Bob's too.
He heard running footsteps getting closer and closer.
"We're in here!" he shouted frantically. "Please help!"

Mikey's P.O.V

When I found them, Gerard's head was in Frankie's lap and blood was trickling down his forehead. Frank was crying and shouting my name.
"What happened?" I asked as calmly as I could.
"We-we were p-packing a-and I accidentally threw a-a shoe!" he wailed.
"Why would you throw a shoe?"
"I d-didn't re-realise I thr-threw it..."
I seriously can't believe that he threw a shoe and didn't realise.
"Just stay here. I'll go get some bandages and we can clean him up."
I ran out to the bus as fast as I could and got the first aid kit. Ray and Bob were playing poker with animal crackers as the chips. When I got in the bus, they both turned and asked simultaneously, "What happened?"
"Well, basically, Frankie threw a shoe at Gerard and it hit him on the forehead and now he's bleeding on the floor of his dressing room."
"Shit! Do ya need any help?" Bob asked.
"Yeah, that'd be great, thanks," I replied.
We all hurried back to Gerard and found that Frank had moved him on to the couch. I went to his side and started cleaning his cut. It was quite deep and I hoped that he didn't need stitches. We all knew how much he hated needles. Meanwhile, Frank was holding his hand and still crying.
"Stop crying, Frank," I said quietly.
He looked at me with his tear-stained face. His eyes showed how truly sorry he was, hating himself for hurting Gerard.
Sign up to rate and review this story