Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > We can settle this affair.

Beautiful lies.

by darkviolet 3 reviews

You'll be the death of me...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2008-05-21 - Updated: 2008-05-21 - 865 words

1Original
The Way's were the only guests that were left at that point. Frankie and Mrs. Iero left ages ago to my dismay, Dad's co workers left a while ago too, and Shane and Alex headed back to their collage immediately after we came back in. I promised not to tell anyone about What Alex told me since he wasn't ready to confront with shit right then. But that left me so restless no amount of Frank's pills gave me any relief.
Dad and Mrs. Way were sharing a glass of wine in the dining room and Mikey watched TV as Gerard and I were forced to clean the kitchen. I didn't even object, too overwhelmed to start shit over a few plates. It was funny that no matter what, fate will have it that Gerard and I were always left alone at the end of the day, he just knew how and where to corner me.

"You're quiet," he piled the dirty plates on top of another while I mopped the table, "The cat ate your tongue or you ran of shit to throw at people's faces?"

I looked at him blankly and carried on dragging the wet rag on the table.

"Are you OK?," he carried the plates to the sink and turned to see my reaction.

"Mind your own fucking business," I snapped weakly just so he'll have the snappy comment he was looking for.

"What's wrong?," he watched as I finished wiping the table clean and opened the tap, rolling up my sleeves.

I gulped, all the secrets and puzzles were making me physically ill, it was like something blocking my oxygen flow, "I'm fine"

"You can tell me," he squeezed my shoulder, "It's not good keeping shit inside"

"I'm fine," I repeated. I was fine, nothing changed. So what if Alex is gay. Big fucking deal. Maybe I was gay too, Gerard sure made me wonder more then once if I should cross to the other side so whatever, "Do you know any gay guys?"

"Including Frank?," he smirked, dry toweling the dripping glass I handed him, I glared at him and he sighed, "A few. Why?'

"No reason," I shrugged.

"Are you gay?," he kinda froze with the next glass mid air.

"Yeah," I nodded seriously, "I just found out I was born a dude so I'm trying to figure out how it works with me liking guys"
Gerard's face expression was priceless, he just stared at me with his eyes wide open and jaw hanging, making me laugh, I splashed him with water, "You are such an idiot"

"Fuck, you'll be the death of me," he laughed, jumping away from the sink.

"No, you're stupidity will be the death of you," I commented, "So what are they like these gay dudes?"

He eyed me suspiciously, assessing the water situation before stepping next to me again, "Cool I guess. They get a lot of shit though from pricks"

I nodded, "Are you attracted to guys?"
An alarming thought crossed my mind, what if he was gay and was just using me to distract himself or maybe Mikey was secretly gay and I said something offensive without even knowing and hurt him.

"Um," he smirked, "You should know"

"How do I know if a guy is gay?"

"I dunno," he glanced at me from the corner of his eyes, "Just like you know a guy is straight"

"Then how come I didn't know my own brother was gay," I clasped my hand over my mouth in horror, dropping the plate I was washing with a loud bang. Deadly silence hung over the room like a thick fog.

"You mean Alex?," he slowely turned to look at me, frowning.

"No I mean Bugs Bunny," I rolled my eyes.

"Wow"

"Yeah"

"I didn't... I mean I... Wow," he nodded stupidly.

"Amazing phrasing," I said venomously.

"What am I supposed to say?," he snapped back to his senses, "I never saw this coming"

We continued to wash and dry the dished at silence, both lost in our thoughts. I had too many of these to count.

"I won't tell anyone," he was the first to break the silence.

"Not even to Dan?," I teased him.

"It was a-"

"Mistake. I know"

Another long pause of silence that I was the one to break this time, motion over at his mom and my dad laughing together in the dining room, "They look good together"

"My mom belongs with my dad," he clutched the last plate so tightly the tips of his finger turned white.

"Then why he fucks my mother?," I looked up at him, closing the tap.

"I dunno, she's his mistake," he placed down the plate he finished drying, "Mistakes happen"

I wanted to slap him but I didn't. I wanted to snap at him but I didn't. Rage gripped me in his fist but it was a numbing kind of rage. I couldn't move so I swallowed it down.

"Gerard," his mom called out, waving him over, "Let's go, you have a house to scrub clean"
















A/N
Thank you for all your comments! And thank you for keeping me motivated!
Sign up to rate and review this story