- Good chapter. It might have been interesting to have done the whole bit from Bella's POV and have the reader really "feel" the weight of the stares on her.
It's nice to see the Order in the light you have painted them. Far too often authors have the Order as a bunch of Dumbledore fangirls who don't stop to ask questions of their own. It's refreshing to see them actually questioning authority rather than blindly following it. Good job there.
Best of luck continuing.~Jim
- It's good to see this story continued. It's fairly original, and it paints a nice family picture of our favourite insane bitch. I like her better as an assett. Seeing Harry with the other kids will be interesting. A Ginny without her Knight in Shining Armour to save her from the diary, and i assume Hermione won't be there. After all, why would she? I also like the pairing. A serious relationship between Harry and Lavender is quite rare, i believe, and I'm fond of her. Keep at it, and if you catch that lazy muse, chains are good.
Author's responseThanks for the review. What happened to Ginny isn't nearly as interesting as you might hope, but if all goes according to plan, you'll get your answer next chapter.
- Can't help but wonder just who was on guard when they destroyed the prohecy. Dumbledore doesn't seem to want to fess up to who it was which makes me suspect it was Snape.
I also can't help but wonder about bumblebore and his blind faith in Snape. Makes me wonder about him even more.
- Enjoyed a non-crazy Bella and her change of heart with Harry, as well as seeing a smart strong Harry. Dumbledore though it makes you wonder--what is up not only with Snape but Dung. Talk about a security risk! Why not just tie Snape up and use veritaserum on him? Surely they could have blackmailed Dumbledore into that, if nothing else. After all this man potential murdered Harry's father and he's in a school full of children and will be teaching Harry. I wouldn't have walked into that school without it. Can't wait for him to meet all the kids, and to see a difference Neville.
Author's responseEven in extremely pro-Dumbledore fanfics, he won't hear a word against Snape. Dumbledore is where the phrase "benefit of the doubt" comes from, believe me. Besides, conflict is fun.
Thanks for reviewing.
- I love this story, its amusing and interesting. Although i can understand leaving out chunks of their Bella and Harry's past, it would have been to hard to construct, it would have been nice to have a little bit more than the juicy tidbits you dropped. I like you chapter overall. Interested to see what you are going to do with Snape though. Its also good to see a possible serious relationship with another Gryph girl especially one of the older or equal age ones. Good Job!
(#) linerlover 2008-07-27GAH! i forgot to comment last time.
waves hai!! =]
duuude. i actually love this story. youre a really awesome writer too.
another thing youve got going on here is the way that youve shown the order. its hard to find elsewhere, 'cause theyre all a bunch of dumbledore-worshipping parrots, but its refreshing to see a new perspective. its an old storyline, but done by a very good writer.
Sign up to review this story.