Categories > Movies > Incredibles > The Story Of Bob Parr and Buddy Pines

The Story Of Bob Parr and Buddy Pines

by MsKinnikufan 3 reviews

Bob Parr: the man who would become Mr. Incredible. Buddy Pine: boy who would become SnydromeThis is their history, from the debut of Mr. Incredible, to the the rejection of "Incrediboy".

Category: Incredibles - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Mr. Incredible (Bob Parr), Syndrome (Buddy Pine) - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2005-05-11 - Updated: 2005-05-11 - 2847 words

0Unrated
Chapter 1: Buddy Pine, Meet Mr. Incredible
by Ms. Kinnikufan
Disclaimer: I only own Buddy's little sister and Mr. Multiply.
Summer for most children is a happy, jovial time that is filled with wonderful summer activities such as camp and swimming lessons.
Not so for The Pine children.
"Buddy, Mae why aren't you at school?" Mary Pine was laying on the couch, her head feeling the incredible pain of a hangover. 7 year old Buddy and 4 year old Mae were quietly trying to watch cartoons. 8 month year old Theresa was sleeping in her playpen in the other room.
"Mom, it's June. School has been out for nearly two weeks." Buddy sighed. It had been maybe the 31st time he had to remind her of that. He wish he were at summer camp with Ben, even though he probably couldn't go because his family wasn't Jewish or practiced Kosher.
"Well in that case, here's 5 dollars. Go to Bird's groceries and get Mommy some aspirin and a carton of smokes."
"But Mom, Mr. Bird won't sell me cigarettes because I'm only 7 years old. In fact he probably wouldn't sell me aspirin because he doesn't like me and thinks I'm stealing stuff from his store even though it's really that nasty Ryan Pixar who's-"
"Buddy, don't talk back to mommy. Take your sisters Mae and Theresa with you. I can't watch them. I have a headache."
"Mommy, I wish you wouldn't-" Buddy clasped his hand over his sister's mouth.
"We won't go to Bird's groceries. We'll go to the park and feed the ducks. Maybe if we stay out long enough, mom will forget about cigarettes and aspirin." Buddy whispered under his breath.
Buddy got Theresa out of her dilapidated playpen, changed her diaper, and packed her dry formula, sunscreen, Theresa's favorite pacifier, her favorite rattle, and some stale bread for the birds.
"Don't wear your purple shorts again, Mae-Mae. They dirty and wrinkled." he yelled down the hallways while he changed Theresa.
"But I don't have anything else!"
"What about your bunny skirt?'
"That looks stupid!"
"Wear it anyway and comb your hair it looks like a mess!"
"Buddy, Mae. stop yelling! Mommy has a headache!"
Finally after 25 minutes of preparation (most of it spent on Buddy cajoling Mae to wear her bunny skirt instead of her purple shorts and to comb her impossibly frizzy ginger hair) and the Pine children were off to Municiberg public park.
At 11:15 am, the sun was already beating down oppressively.
"I'm hot. It's too hot to walk to the park." Mae whined.
"It's only 4 blocks, Mae-Mae. Think of cold things like Alaska and baked Alaska." Buddy was just tall enough to reach the stroller's handles, but not much taller.
A van drove by the Pine children.
"Awww, isn't that cute. That boy's barely tall enough to push that stroller. "
"Bob if you want to make your super-hero debut today, we have to listen to the police radio. If you don't shut up, we can't listen to the police radio." Lucius had been driving the van around the neighborhood since 5:22 AM (so far, no one had called the police despite the fact that it was suspicious) and had been keeping the un-air conditioned van cool since 9:00 Am. He hadn't any coffee and was feeling quite strained.
"You know, Lucius, I thought I would get a costume after I finished NSA training. I thought we couldn't do super things until we got individual costumes. Instead I got this ugly drab thing." Bob held out what resembled a gray jogging suit and sweatpants with the NSA logo on it. It also came with the standard NSA mask.
"That's an urban legend. First you must make your debut, then you can get an individual costume. The exception of course, is if you start out as a sidekick. Like moi."
"Yes, the ice-amazing Icicle Lad."
"Look, I didn't think of my sidekick name, Freezer-Man did! He was my super-mentor, so I had to take it. And at least I had a name!"
"Look, all the good names relevant to my abilities are taken or copyrighted to comic companies!"
The police scanner cackled.
"Oh God, this could be it!" Bob squealed almost girlishly.
"We have a drunken streaker at Red Maple Avenue. Repeat we have a drunken streaker at Red Maple Avenue. Approach with a breathalyzer and a towel to cover his nakedness."
Bob groaned in disappointment.
"Definitely not a job for a super-man." Lucius commented snarkily.
The Pine children reached Municiberg public park a sweaty 15 minutes later. Buddy had to reapply sunscreen on all of them. This was especially difficult on squirmy baby Theresa.
"Hey where are your parents?" A twitchy, trench coat wearing man with a evil looking mustache asked.
"Mommy is at home lying on the conch because she has a headache. She sent us to buy aspirin and cigarettes at Bird's groceries, but Buddy is only seven and I'm only four and Theresa is only eight months so we can't buy cigarettes. So we came to the park and Buddy hopes if we stay long enough Mommy will forget about the aspirin and cigarettes and not yell at us." Mae babbled before Buddy could cover her mouth.
The twitchy man shrugged his shoulders and walked away.
As soon as he was out of sight, Buddy began to yell at his little sister.
"Mae-Mae, that was a stranger. You're not suppose to let a stranger know we're alone! He could have kidnapped us and held us for ransom and since Mom and Dad aren't rich enough to pay ransom we would have ended up spending our whole lives with a smelly, twitchy stranger because you got us all kidnapped!"
"Don't yell at me!" Mae-Mae went into a sort of whiney hysterics that only a 4 year old can go into.
Buddy sighed. He had been a witness to his sister's hysterics many a time.
"Look Mae-Mae, please calm down. Look, I only yell because I care. I don't want us to get kidnapped. It wouldn't be like on TV, adults won't take mercy on us because we're children. If that were so, Mom wouldn't send us out to say cigarettes and Dad would yell at us a lot less." It wasn't even noon yet and Buddy was already feeling world-weary.
"Sometimes I hate mommy and daddy. Then I feel bad because people say you shouldn't and that hating your mommy and daddy is a sin against the 10 commandments" Mae sniffled.
"Every kid hates their parents sometimes. Ben sometimes hates his mom and dad and they never send him out to buy aspirin or cigarettes. I'm sure Jesus even hated God sometimes because people were always trying to hurt him even though he was only trying to be a good person. You're just a kid, according to the TV, your brain isn't even fully developed. God isn't going to strike down someone whose brain isn't fully developed yet." Buddy used his best "comforting older brother" voice.
An hour passed. Buddy began to let himself relax as families began to fill the park. Surely none of these family would let three innocent children get kidnapped, would they?
Meanwhile, Lucius and Bob were still driving around in the van. So far, there had been no major crimes committed besides speeding,which the proper authorities could handle.
The van had become very, very hot since Lucius was dehydrated and the van had no air-conditioning.
"Damn it, I'm getting an extra-caffinated Slurp-Up!" The van made a very illegal u-turn in the direction of the nearest gas station.
Theresa started fussing.
"Oh God, what is it now Theresa? Diaper, no doesn't smell like it. Pacifier? Rattle? Looks like you're hungry." Buddy inspected Theresa.
Buddy made Theresa a bottle out water from the fountain and dried formula.
"Shouldn't formula be heated?' Mae criticized.
"Do you see a microwave or stove anywhere?" Theresa sucked happily on her bottle despite the fact that formula hadn't completely dissolved into the cold fountain water.
"So, you kids still alone?" a familiar voice asked. It was the twitchy, trench coat wearing stranger.
Buddy and Mae ignored him, hoping he would go away.
"Hey, you kids gonna answer me?" The strangers tone turn menacing.
A tall man interceded.
"Pal, I really think you should leave these children alone. They're not bothering you."
"And I really think you should mind your own business!" The stranger took a punch at the tall man which the tall man intercepted with his arm.
"Pal, if you just gonna start a fight, maybe you should leave the park."
"Nick, you promised me you wouldn't get into any fights today! It's our vacation!" a man holding a toddler approached.
"You did promise Scott that! We're witnesses ." Two girls chimed in.
"Scott, I'm not in a fight! I'm trying to prevent a fight." Nick turned to Scott, ignoring the stranger.
"It sure looks like a fight to me." Scott was insistent.
The stranger was livid.
"You think you can ignore me! You think you can ignore me!" The stranger ranted loudly.
"It sure looks like it." Buddy let the words slip out of his mouth, not knowing they were dangerous.
The stranger smacked Buddy. Buddy fell to the ground, rubbing his cheek.
"No one ignores Mr. Multiply" The stranger threw off his over coat, revealing a blue and green costume that had the multiplication symbol or over it. He had a gun.
"Oh my God, it's Mr. Multiply, that man that is his own gang!" Some innocent bystander shrieked.
The police scanner blared as Bob and Lucius stepped out of the Municiberg gas station.
"Mr. Multiply has been spotted at Municiberg public park. Approached with caution. Repeat, approached with caution."
"Wooooo! This it it!" Bob spilled his Slurp-up all over the van seat.
Lucius ignored the mess and they sped towards Mubiciberg public park.
"No one ignores Mr. Multiply! No one!" Mr. Multiply ranted.
Mae and Theresa began to cry.
"You two shut up, you're ruining my speech!".
Suddenly, a copy of Mr. Multiply was aiming a gun at Mae and Theresa.
Buddy froze in fear. What was he going do? He was seven years old, he couldn't take on a super-villian.
"Leave the children out of this." The tall man called Nick tried to tackled Mr. Multiply. He was restrained by several copies of Mr. Multiply.
"Nick!" Scott dropped the toddler (the toddler landed on his butt and began to cry) and tried to ply off the copies off Scott. Several more copies of Mr. Multiply began to kick and beat him.
"See what happens when you try to be a hero! Who else wants to be a hero?" Mr. Multiply asked, brandishing his gun in the air.
"How about me?" came a new voice. A man in an ugly grey jogging suit and a mask stood out from the crowd.
"A jogger? A jogger is trying to be a hero." Mr. Multiply and his copies began to laugh.
Buddy took the distraction to pull Mae and Theresa out of the way of the gun-brandishing copy.
"I'm not a jogger! I'm a super. Can't you tell by my mask?" Bob pointed at his face.
"Whatever. Super-suit or ugly grey jogging suit, you can't beat Mr. Multiply!"
With a snap of his fingers, five copies were on Bob.
Bob buckled the copies like a rodeo bull, but it was no use. The copies only increased.
"As you can see, no one can beat Mr. Multiply!" Mr. Multiply laughed a classic evil super villain laugh.
Damn it, Lucius, you said you would be my back up. Where the hell are you? Bob thought as tried to pummel the ever increasing copies.
Meanwhile:
"Look, I am not a drug dealer! It's racism to think I'm a drug dealer. Just because I'm been driving a white van around the neighborhood since 5:22 AM doesn't mean I'm a drug dealer." Lucius tried to explain.
"Look, with every word, you incriminate yourself further." The cop pulled out his handcuffs.
Back at the park:
Buddy felt his stomach turn. He really shouldn't have had that extra bowel of Fruity Sugar Bombs. C'mon Buddy, don't vomit, it's not going to help things...or could it?
Mr. Multiply was busy ranting:
"As you can see, not even Baron Von Ruthless can compare to the evil of Mr. Multiply...huh?" Mr. Multiply suddenly felt a thick, warm smelly liquid on his legs.
He turned to see Buddy wiping his mouth.
"You little brat! You little brat!" Mr. Multiply grabbed Buddy by the throat and aimed his gun at him.
The copies distracted by the vomit covered Mr. Multiply, Bob was finally able to shake them off.
Mr. Multiply was still ranting:
"You little brat, you really think you stop Mr. Multiply! The all-mighty, all-powerful-"
Mr. Multiply suddenly felt one of his arms yanked and dropped Buddy.
Buddy gasped for air. 30 more seconds and he would have died.
With little effort, Bob knocked out Mr. Multiply. As Mr. Multiply became unconscious, the copies disappeared.
"You're incredible, Mr.!" Buddy was in awe of the super who saved his life.
"I could haven't done it without your upset stomach, kid." Bob ruffled Buddy's hair,
"But seriously, you really shouldn't put yourself in danger like that. You don't have powers that can protect you like I do. " Bob's speech was interrupted by Frozone.
"Am I late?" He asked.
"It's Icicle Lad!" shouted a bystander.
"For God's sake woman, My name is now Frozone! It's been Frozone for the past two years. Didn't you see the press conference?" Frozone was really sick of being addressed by his old super-name.
"God man, you are late! What took you so long?"
"Racism." Frozone sighed.
The police finally showed up.
"What happen here?" the police officer asked.
"What does it look like man, this villain here (he pointed to the unconscious Mr. Multiply) threaten people. He (Frozone indicated Bob) stopped them. And I think he (Frozone indicated Scott, who was being helped up by Nick) needs medical attention!"
"I'm fine!" Scott protested.
"Quit being so macho, Scott!" Nick protested.
"Why are you explaining, you weren't even here!" Buddy protested.
"Shut up kid." Frozone threw a snowball at him.
"I'm never seen you around lad?" A police officer eyed Bob's ugly grey jogging suit.
"I'm an all-new super."
"What's your name? We need it for the police report."
"I'm ummm...Mr. Incredible!" The "You're incredible, Mister!" remark was the first thing to come to mind.
Frozone stifled a laugh.
"What?" Bob (now calling himself Mr. Incredible) glared at Frozone.
"Nothing man. Nothing." Frozone stifled another laugh.
After interviewing the witnesses, the police had to clear the park because it was a crime scene.
So the Pine children began the long walk home.
"I was so, so scared Buddy. They could have shot us dead."
"Mae-Mae, I think given the circumstances, you were very brave."
"Really?"
"Really."
"It was grossed when you threw up though."
"Yeah, yeah it was. Look let's not tell mom and especially not dad about this."
"Why not?"
"Because mom will freak out and dad will freak out at mom and they'll argue so loudly that the neighbors will call the police and people will stare at us in church again. Like the time mom got drunk at dad's birthday party. Remember?"
"That was even scarier then Mr. Multiply."
Later, at Bob's and Lucius's apartment.
Bob and Lucius sat in front of the TV eating an unhealthy dinner of delicious raw chocolate chip cookie dough.
"Today's top story: A new super made his debut. Mr. Incredible foiled the villainous attempts of the super-villian Mr. Multiply. Unfortunately, we were unable to obtain a photograph, but we do have this artist's rendering."
"Hey! My chin's not that huge!" Bob protested.
"Congratulations, you have taken the first step into supering: getting an inaccurate artist's rendering. Next step: get a costume from Edna Mode and leaving to tell the tale!"
"What so scary about her? I heard she's only about three feet tall!"
"You'll see, young one. You'll see." Lucius cackled sinisterly.
Author's notes: This is my first "Incredibles" multi-chapter fic.
This story will take over the course of about 5 years, from when Mr. Incredible makes his debut and Buddy meets him (told this chapter) to when Mr. Incredible rejects Buddy/Incrediboy. This story basically tells both their history: how Mr. Incredible became a great super and how Buddy grew more obsessed.
As you can probably tell, Mae (called Mae-Mae by Buddy) and Theresa are creations of my own. I hope they don't come off as too Mary-Suish. If they do, please tell me so.
Mr. Multiply is also a creation of my own, but he was only created for Bob to defeat.
Next chapter: Bob gets his costume and meets Elasti-Girl for the first time. Buddy starts his fan club.
Sign up to rate and review this story