Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > So Little Time

Fever Dreams

by xleftxbehindx 1 review

I just wanted to say goodbye.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2008-05-31 - Updated: 2008-05-31 - 869 words

0Unrated
Here's the next chapter. Enjoy!

Gerard's POV

The next couple of days passed quickly. I never thought I could be so happy. Most if the time we pretended like the brain tumor didn’t even exist, and just enjoyed life. Living with Frank was everything I thought it would be and more. He brightened up my every moment. I couldn’t imagine what it would be like when he was gone. One day he was quieter then usual and I began to get worried. I walked over to him and nudged him gently.

“What you thinking about?” I asked, resting my head on my gloved hands and peering into his beautiful eyes.

“My mom,” he answered quietly. “I miss her.”

“Well let’s go see her!” I suggested. “When your dads not home, of course.”

Frank brightened up instantly at the idea.

“I just want to tell her about what’s happened.”

“No problem baby,” I smiled.

“And I want to tell her goodbye,” Frank whispered.

“Don’t think like that,” I answered sternly. “Everything is going to be just fine.”

Frank’s only answer was a weak smile.

“Is something wrong?” I asked as fear grasped my heart.

“Nothing much,” Frank answered. “Just…my eyesight is getting worse.”

“Aww baby.” I held Frank gently in my arms, trying to banish his fears with my touch.

“Come one, let’s go see if your dad is gone,” I nudged Frankie. “Talking to your mom will cheer you up.”

“That sounds good,” Frank sniffled.

I drove Frankie back to his old house. I stopped about a block away, as usual.

“Stay here,” I told Frankie. “I will come back for you after I see if your dad is home.”

Frank nodded silently. I slipped out of my door and made my way toward Frank’s house. Their car wasn’t in the driveway, which was a good sign. I peered in every window, and saw only Frank’s mother sitting on the couch, watching tv. I knocked softly on the door, praying to God that Frank’s father wasn’t hiding somewhere. But it was Frank’s mother that opened the door and my heart rate returned to normal. She stared at me with a confused look on her face.

“What are you doing here,” she gaped. “Don’t you know that Frank’s run away?

“Yes I know,” I grinned. “He wants to see you. Is he father home?”

“Thank goodness, no” she sighed. “I would love to see Frank again.”

“I’ll go get him.” I jogged back to my car and retrieved Frank.

“The cost is clear.” Frank’s smile light up his whole face as he raced back to his house.

“Mom!” he cried as he gave her a giant hug.

“Oh, Frank!” she wept. “I’ve missed you so much.”

“I’m not here to stay mom,” Frank pulled away from the hug reluctantly. “Come inside, I have a lot to tell you.” I slunk in after them, scuffing my old converse on the driveway. I had an odd feeling in the pit of my stomach. I didn’t want to hear Frank talk about his tumor; it made it all too real.

Frank explained the entire situation to his mother, at the end she had tears pouring down her face.

“I just wanted to say goodbye,” Frank took his mother’s hands in his own.

“I’m so sorry for what’s happened to you,” his mother apologized.

“I forgive you mom,” Frank grinned. “But I have to leave now before Dad comes back.”

“I understand,” she sighed. “Frank I do love you, you know that right?”

“Yea Mom, I love you too.” Then Frank and I left her, and headed back to my car.

“That was a weight off my chest,” Frank breathed a sigh of relief. I noticed his hands were shaking erratically.

“You okay Frankie?” Worry chocked my voice.

“I feel really cold,” he shivered. I put my hand to his forehead. He was burning up!

“I don’t know why you are cold, baby, you are one fire,” I tried to joke. “I think you have a really bad fever.”

I started to panic. This could be really bad. I called the doctor instantly, but he assured me that high fevers were completely normal. He just told me to take care of him until the fever had sweated itself out. I rushed Frankie home and lay him down gently on my bed. He was covered in sweat so I brought him a damp cloth to lay on his forehead. Frankie had many fever dreams and I tried my best to comfort him. Seeing him so sick made my insides curl up. My eyes filled with tears and I started to quiver with sadness. How am I going to act when I lose Frank, if I can’t even cope with a fever? I was so scared and so alone. I hated this feeling, I hated being helpless, I hated my life.

I know a lot of you don't want me to kill Frankie, but how else can I end the story? I'll see what I can do. Suggestions are welcome.
Sign up to rate and review this story