Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Stuttering

"I don't understand how you're the soundtrack to my LIFE!"

by Syn_INC 2 reviews

"Anything but this guy." Joe mumbled as he reached for the remote and couldn't bare to change the song, "I don't understand how you're the soundtrack to my LIFE!"

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2008-06-01 - Updated: 2008-06-01 - 1612 words - Complete

0Unrated
Stuttering 78
Joe's neck snapped to stare at me so fast I thought it broke off. Joe opened and closed his mouth a few times as his hands stayed interlocked with Marie's. I could feel him cursing me with his eyes but I had to push past that as I found my voice.
"Calista. I'll buy you some ice cream if you sit sweetness. Please." Patrick grumbled.
"I will not Paco." I stated again, "shi-shoot Joe, you know this is wrong...sorrie Rabbi."
Joe's eyes looked Just as big and I swear the whole room released a breath in unison. I knew I wasn't the only one who didn't buy this sham wedding. The Rabbi looked at me and the twins kicked. Ashlee sighed and bit her lip.
"She's pregnant. And she's definetly more than a bit hormonal." Patrick trailed off.
"NO! This one is definetly NOT hormones Paco! This one is forreal! I object. There! I said it! I object to this union because its blasphamus and you know it Joseph Mark Trohman." I concluded,
"Rabbi, may I please speak with you?"
"Calista...please. Don't. Do you know what you're doing?" Joe demanded,
"Do you? This is all ok right now but you can't take it back in amonth when you realize what a huge mistake you are about to make. You don't get married out of spite Jose! This is a life long thing!"
"What if youre wrong."
"I mean I had to do this. Joe I love you too much to let you marry Marie. I mean Marie, you're the best. But no. No." I said softly.
Joe's dad stood up and walked over to the Rabbi and then the Rabbi looked at me. I was called into his office and there we stayed for about 20 minutes. I cried, I scream and I even took it back at one moment. But no, Joe wasn't getting married today.
When I walked out the office Joe looked angry and relieved at the same time. I strolled passed him and Marie looked so sad. I didn't know what to do until Marie pulled me into a hug. She cried a little and now I was just really confused.
"Thanks Calista." Marie whispered, "I was gonna escape through the window but the damn thing wouldn't open. Don't ever tell Joe."
"Promise."
Temple was cleared out and everyone went their own seperate ways. Patrick pulled me into a hug and gave me a kiss on top of the head.
"Can I still have ice cream?" I asked.
"Yes dear you can still get ice cream." Patrick said through a sigh.
"So what are they gonna do?"
"I think they said they were gonna run off to Vegas..."
"NO! We have STOP them!"
Patrick laughed and caught a grip on my wrist.
"I'm kidding Cali." Patrick laughed, "Joe went with his mom and dad. He's gonna call her later."
"So they're still gonna...date?"
"Even Joe needs to get his dick wet."
"That was just dirty."
"I learn from the best."
"Whatever."
Joe was finally released from his Parents grip and walked into the house he hadn't seen in ages. It was so long Joe almost set off the ADT in his place. As he punched in 10291 he walked passed the walls with the pictures and pulled them down one by one.
How was he suddenly pulled into a place he didn't want to be. He should have been married at this time today. Even if it was for the toally wrong reasons. Joe let Marie keep her engagement ring because in the end that really was mutual.
As he walked into the kitchen where the broken glass laid her ring was there amongst the shards. It was amazing how flawless the diamond was, he hated her as the memories burned their way back into his head. This was when he broke down.
This was the best cry Joe had and he needed it for his own sanity. He opened the kitchen drawer and with one swoop of his tattooed arm, cards and ring fell in. This place was a wreck, the dust made him sneeze. He then grabbed the remote, turned the radio on and started to clean.

You used to talk to me like I was the only one around You used to lean on me like The only other choice was falling down You used to walk with me like We had nowhere we needed to go Nice and slow, to no place in particular

We used to have this figured out We used to breathe without a doubt When nights were clear, you were the first star that I'd see We used to have this under control We never thought / We used to know.

At least there's you, and at least there's me Can we get this back? Can we get this back to how it used to be?

"Anything but this guy." Joe mumbled as he reached for the remote and couldn't bare to change the song, "I don't understand how you're the soundtrack to my LIFE!"
The moment he thought he had pulled down all the pictures he took the stairs 3 at a time to bedroom. Right there next to his bed was a picture of him and Gin. She never did submit to him, but when she did it was good.
Gin's hand was on the shutter and Joe's legs were wrapped around hers. He had managed to steal this kiss. And thoes were his favorite kind. In the end it was just another false hope.
Joe smashed the glass and was about to remove the picture when his phone rang. The name said Genovieve but that couldn't have been right. Against his first mind he answered it and listened.
*
I used to reach for you when I got lost along the way I used to listen You always had just the right thing to say I used to follow you Never really cared where we would go Fast or slow, to anywhere at all.
We used to have this figured out We used to breathe without a doubt When nights were clear, you were the first star that I'd see We used to have this under control We never thought We used to know At least there's you, and at least there's me Can we get this back? Can we get this back to how it used to be?

"Daughtry, Genovieve really?" I asked,
"I tried calling you. You left before- you didn't do anything."
"I know."
"Why not?"
"Because I wanna sit here and listen to Daughtry."
"Why?"
"Because I can."
"Got it. Brought you some ColdStone."
"You do love me."
"Sometimes."
"How was the wedding?"
"They didn't do it."
"Shut up!"
"No."
"Who objected?"
"I did."
"What?"
"Yea."
"Oh. Man."
"I know."
Joe had forgotten how much that voice put him to sleep and while the song ended he drifted off somewhere else.

I look around me / And I want you to be there
Cause I miss the things that we shared Look around you It's empty, and you're sad 'Cause you miss the love that we had You used to talk to me like I was the only one around / The only one around
We used to have this figured out We used to breathe without a doubt When nights were clear, you were the first star that I'd see We used to have this under control We never thought We used to know At least there's you, and at least there's me Can we get this back? Can we get this back to how it used to be? Yeah / To how it used to be.

Ginny and I sat there as I explained to her what happened at the wedding. Her eyes got huge and started to laugh. I then glared at her and smacked her on the head.
"No bitch. You should have been the one to object. Not me. Now Joe's looking at me like I owe him child support."
"Maybe you do. He will. That's weird...maybe I won't, I'll leave him be."
"What?"
"I don't think I'm gonna tell Joe I'm pregnant he'll just flip out and yell at me and be like its not mine and then we'll have to go through all of that again and then he'll be like dad work this out and then yea, you know."
"And then his dad will be like yea, it is yours and then what?"
"I don't know..."
"He's gonna be a papa and he's gonna be angry if you don't tell him...again."
"I know Calista-"
"Then what's the problem?"
"I don't know."
We sat there, ate our ice cream and Gin got up to leave. I looked at her confused and she went in her bag for her phone. As she pulled it out and looked at me I turned my head.
"Where are you going?" I demanded.
"To my new place." Gin said softly.
"What new place?"
"I got it earlier. 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, its right down the street. Its really nice."
"What?"
"Yea."
"Seriously?"
"Why is this so hard to believe?"
"Because. You don't do 'by yourself'."
"See I know. But I do now."
"Genovieve Katize. You went from your mothers house to your boyfriends house to me- house. You don't do 'by yourself'."
"I do now."
"And when did you get this place?"
"Today."
"Any furnature?"
"No."
"Ok."
I convined Gin that I was right in all shape and form. She just looked at me annoyed and sighed.
@@@
Yea. There u go now its off to ihop we go to brainstorm on what's next.
Gin&Cali
Sign up to rate and review this story