(#) red_jacobson 2008-06-03Whaaaa-Hoooo! I get the first review! (at least there aren't any other ones up yet!)
Great to see a new chapter; I liked Hanks comment about how stupid Spymaster was, by the way GRIN
Glad to see Harry is coming back to Hogwarts, and I'll be very interested in seeing what sort of guarantees Tony manages to extract from Albus. Especially since all of the Heads of House, including, surprisingly enough, Snape, are on Harry's side.
I wonder who will be the new DADA Professor, because I can't picture Tony, either on his own, or on Agatha's advice, permitting Harry to take classes with Lockhart! (Hmmm, the Defense Association a few years early, or maybe Harry would call them the Hogwarts Avengers GRIN)
Author's response- First one I've seen so far.
- I just thought it needed to be implied that the two far more powerful people there would be far less likely to actually do him damage...
- That will be revealed
- Crap, I hadn't figured out what I was going to do for the DADA post yet. Good thing you reminded me.
- What's with the massive continuity error? Last chapter, it wasn't winter break yet. Now it's the summer? This makes no sense, especially since it was made clear that Tony and the rest of Harry's family were not going to stand not seeing Harry over Christmas break. (At least, I got that impression.) So seriously, what the hell?
Author's response- Chapter 7 went from just before christmas break to April 1st when Dumbles confiscated Harry's Tech Suit. (I wrote a christmas break chapter through 4 different drafts before saying to hell with it and just skipping the holiday) The 'hearing' before the Wizengamot and Thor's little cameo was May 12th.
- I continue to find this story very funny and enjoyable. A few minor points detract from it.
For instance the new CHapter 8 links back to Chapter 7, but somehow there is no forward line from Chapter 7 to chapter 8.
Also, in the terminology of "the Restricted Section" you occasionally commit "homonymicide".
“I say thee, I will be heard. Thou try my patients Mortals!”
The Wizards try Thor's 'patients'? I didn't know he had taken a medical degree somewhere. I believe you meant "patience".
I have found other cases of this, not too common, in your stories. While a spell checker will find invalid words, it will not help with valid words that are...well, WRONG.
Author's response- The chapter linkage is a FICWAD thing, it will settle down in a few hours.
- Thor's alter ego is Dr. Donald Blake, and he indeed has patients to try
- First loved how you worked in the marvel Villian of the week(Spymaster), with Harry making his mark the muggle way, thanks to Steve !
Also using Madame Webb is also a great Chice yet i think you need to link more of the Marvel characters to distant magical relatives!
Finally I really love this New Trio and if you could get away with a trio coupling Padma, Hermione and Harry would make a powerful combo!
P.S. Will Magneto, the X-man and Apokalypse make a cameo or three?
Author's response- As a Gunny once told me, go for soft tissue or joints and you'll focus their mind...
- I needed a seer who wasn't really all that connected to any primary continuity, Madame Webb was the best (only?) choice.
- They will date (I'm thinking starting in 5th year) each other and others, but nothing exclusive.
- No, because Erik, Nate or Paccy would kick tommy's ass so throughly that the story would be over.
- Lovely little chapter. Thanks for the update. It will indeed be interesting to see what concessions Stark gets -- and what Sirius has to say to Dumbles. (Maybe Sirius can be the DADA teacher, unless you need Smiles Lockhart for some reason)
Author's responseJust long enough for Harry to break his wrist for laying hands on him...
- GAH! "great story.. more please.." Doesn't make a review!!! ARGH!!
Ok with that out of the way, I love this story. I kinda noticed it earlier but didn't read it and catch some of the references until this chapter. I love the use of scene flashes (ala comic scening) and the way you seem to jump from topic to topic (ala manga).
I also am interested to see whom you add to the roster to spice up the Marvel and HP worlds. I think Steven Strange would make an awesome DADA teacher and I could see Tony forcing Dumb-as-a-door into that corner. Hmmm.. the possibilities abound.
Sign up to review this story.