Categories > TV > Doctor Who > The Truth behind the Captain

Introducing Lucy Eliza Jones-Harkness

by RyanRossLuver 0 reviews

...

Category: Doctor Who - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-06-05 - Updated: 2008-06-05 - 629 words - Complete

0Unrated
Ianto just stood there, staring at the girl claiming to be his daughter.
"I'm...Oh Lucy, how we've missed you! Your dad will be glad to see you." He took a couple of steps towards the young girl, and embraced her. She removed herself from the embrace, and set her bag and guitar case on the ground.

"Before we go down to see him, can I have a quick word to you?"

"Sure Luce, anything you want. God, how long has it been since your last visit?"

"Four years. But that's not what I want to talk about. I've been feeling really weird lately. The guys who are in the band with me, they've been saying that I haven't been looking too good either. I was wondering, since you know that Dad isn't human and you can talk to him about stuff like this, if you could ask him if it's normal for me to feel weird? I would be really happy."

"Sure thing sweetie. How is the band going anyway? And your mum? How is she?"

"Well, the band is fine. We're branching out our covers from just Panic! At the Disco and Fall Out Boy to Queen, Radiohead, My Chemical Romance, Linkin Park, Powderfinger, Silverchair, even some Avril Lavigne and 30 Seconds to Mars. And uh, mum died. Three years ago actually. Cancer." A pained expression came over Ianto's face when Lucy mentioned her mother.

"Don't worry about it Yant. I'm over it. The band helped me through it, and now -" Lucy didn't have chance to finish her sentence as she passed out.

What do I do? Should I move her, or do I leave her here and call Jack up? Or should I just call Owen and ask him to look over her? Various thoughts were running through Ianto's mind when Jack walked up beside him and said in his deep voice, "What happened to her?"

"We were talking up here, and then she just fainted. She told me that she had been feeling weird lately. She wanted me to ask you if it's normal for your race to feel like this at her age." Jack bent down and scooped Lucy up into his arms.

"Look Ianto, don't take this the wrong way but stop asking stupid questions and help me get Luce downstairs. You take her stuff and inform Owen that we're going to need his services, and I'll follow with Lucy."

Ianto bent down and picked up Lucy's backpack and guitar case and headed down to the Hub. Once he was down there, he set Lucy's bag on Toshiko's desk and her guitar case on the chair, as she wasn't at work yet, and proceeded to find Owen, hoping he was still with Gwen in the bathrooms. He made his way to the female toilets, and could hear Gwen throwing up, and Owen in an attempt to comfort her. Ianto knocked on the door and called out for Owen.

"What do you want?" He shouted back, agitated that someone was tearing him away from looking after the newly single Gwen.

"A friend of Jack's collapsed at the entrance to the Hub and we need you to check her over." Owen made his way over to the door, and exited the bathrooms, leaving Gwen to look after herself.

"Oh, so it's a she?" A note of interest crept into Owen's voice.

"Owen, for once could you not think with your pants and help Jack out?" The smile on Owen's face dropped.

"Oh, and is Gwen okay?" Ianto asked softly.

"Yeah, I think she's just got food poisoning or something." Both Owen and Ianto knew that this was a lie, but Ianto wasn't going to press the subject, knowing that Lucy's life was potentially at stake.
Sign up to rate and review this story