Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Odyssey

Answers

by goldeneyes 0 reviews

Elle decides to get her own answers

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Characters: Sesshoumaru - Published: 2008-06-08 - Updated: 2008-06-14 - 2534 words

2Original
“How did you come across with phone in the first place?” Ezell asked me. We all were sitting at the kitchen table, the phone in question lying in the middle.
“I told you; I was doing my usual scoping out but I got thirsty so, I went into this little shop, set my purse down, got something to drink and I lingered awhile before I left. I didn’t see anyone near my purse or me for that matter, I don’t know who could have put it in there, all I know is when I was on my way home the other night it rung and that guy was on the phone.” I pleaded my case.
“Well that was very careless of you Elleon.” Ezell said and sipped some of his tea. That’s because it’s a lie cousin. I thought to myself, honestly this trip was causing me to lie more and more to the only people I thought I could trust. I pressed the back of head against the wall and closed my eyes. I didn’t have the nerve to sit down like the rest of them; I probably would have told the truth if I did. An aching familiar chill ran down my spine; Macon was looking at me. I dare not open my eyes to meet his even though I know he wants me too. I heard him stand up and go upstairs. I crack my eyes open slowly and Dawn and Ezell where both looking at me.
“What?” my impassive tone, I sure, didn’t go unnoticed by the two.
“Aren’t you gonna go up there?” Dawn asked.
“Why?”
“Macon just went upstairs and…you’re supposed to follow.” I rolled my eyes at Dawn and all of his stupidity.
“I’m not his puppy, idiot.” I said as I walked to the stairs.
“Fooled the hell out of me.” I heard him whisper but I decide to go upstairs rather than to argue.
Macon sat in a chair in front of the window; his elbow lay on the window seal so that his head was propped nicely on his hand. He looked at the window and not at me; so I closed the door and leaned up against it.
“You are surprisingly calm given the situation.” Macon said to the window. His tone more impassive and frigid than mine.
“I didn’t know I had a situation. What, am I in trouble or something?” I said in a gruff voice but Macon still did not look at me.
“I’m curious as to why it is only you they seem to keep contacting.”
“You think I’m sleeping with the enemy?” I said, my emotions getting the best of me. Where the hell was this coming from? What is he accusing me of?
“Why did I just learn of this phone today?” he finally asked a straight forward question.
“Oh I don’t know Macon maybe because for pass few days you have been gone to God knows where. So excuse me for not being able to see you to relay this information.” I spat at him.
“Hn.” Was all he said as he rose from his set and opened the draw. I was about to sat something when he pulled out the money Sesshomaru had given me.
“How, if I may ask, did you come across that?” he threw the money on the bed and looked at me.
“I found it.” I answered as calm as possible given the situation. “Why are going through my draw? Whatever happened to trust?”
“That’s a good question would you care to answer.”
“I asked you first.”
“Don’t start with your childish games Elle…”
“Newsflash,” I interrupted him “I haven’t even turned eighteen yet! God I swear you are so goddamn unreasonable sometimes.” I walked to the bed to get the money but Macon grabbed my wrist.
“I don’t tolerate being lied to and deceived Elleon, you know this.”
“Uh-huh maybe next time you could think that about me when go out.” I tried to jerk my arm away but tightened his grip. There was a tension that had settled between me and him and it was growing the more we stared at each other until Dawn opened the door.
“Everybody decent in here?” he asked with his hands over his eyes.
“For once.” I said to Macon and not Dawn as I jerked my wrist free from his grasp. With the money still on the bed I stormed out. I needed air; I needed to get away from everything and everyone.
I need answers to what we originally came here for and knew exactly who to go to get them. And so early that next morning I dug out my most influential business suit and brought myself a briefcase and started toward the train station to downtown Tokyo. I had done some research on this Sesshomaru character and found out where he worked. It turns out that he’s the second richest man in Tokyo. Not too shabby for a demon. It was located the heart of Tokyo’s business district and took me about an hour to get there. The building was huge. It took up majority of the block it was on with sub building attached to it. A crescent was at the top of the building with the words ‘Tashio Corp.’ to the right of it. The sub building simply held the crescent symbol.
“Very nice.” I said to myself as I stared up at the massive building. Four security guards stood at the entrance of the main building. I straighten myself, put on my best acting face and walked right up to the revolving doors.
“Good morning Miss.” One of the guards said to me and I nodded like and other snobby business person would do. The place was even bigger inside. Marble floor offset the gold ceiling and the probably price artifacts that way in almost every corner. There was a lay out of the building right next to the receptionist desk. I walked up to it and read the lay out until I found what I was looking for.
“Can I help you Miss?” The woman said in a particular bored manner.
“No, I found what I was looking for but thank you anyway.” The woman rolled her eyes at me and I walked to the elevator. It was, of course gold with the marble interior. Fluorescent lights lined the ceiling of the elevator making the marble appear to shine. I got off in the 12th floor. A bunch of people were up here walking rapidly to their distention. I looked around at the beauty of this place. Honestly this astonished me how they decorated. I was so busy looking at things that I ran into a man on his cell phone, but he paid me know mind and kept walking. I walked to the first desk I saw. The woman sitting there I could automatically tell that she was a demon. Not that her red glowing eyes didn’t give her away. She looked more disinterested than the first woman.
“Excuse me.” I said.
“Yes, can I help you?” the woman said curtly and it took everything in me to stay civil.
“That depends, is Mr. Tashio in his office?”
“He’s not here.” She said with a malicious smile. I cocked my head to the side and looked at her. A gave a small grin and answered.
“Are you sure?”
“I think I would know when my boss is not here. Now, the elevator is that way.” She pointed with her pen.
“Look lady,”
“…Kagura…”
“Whatever, you have no idea who I am or what I could do to you and this pathetic thing you call your career. Listen to me, Mr. Tashio is expected me and with or without your consent, not that it mattered to being with, I am going in there.” She stood up from here chair and stared at me.
“Now you listen to me…”
“Elleon Rinjuan. Remember it, learn it breath it.” She smiled at me briefly.
“Whoever you are, women like you come in here all the time trying to get to Sesshomaru but you see that’s why I’m here to prevent women like from getting to him. So to save you sometime from him telling you himself I will; he doesn’t want you!” I smiled at her this time. This lady was being an ass but sure was funny. Not to mention the fact that she thinks I want him.
“That’s good to know seeing that if there was something between us it wouldn’t go to well with my career. And another things sweetheart, trust when I tell you I don’t want him. I have my own, maybe if you did to you wouldn’t be so bitter.” Just then Sesshomaru came out of his office. He looked at me and I smiled.
“Just the person I wanted to see. I do believe we have some business to take care of.” I smiled once more at Kagura then walked pass Sesshomaru into his office and he followed me. I sat my brief case down and looked around the office. As I expected it was gorgeous in here.
“A little suggestion,” I said “you might want to consider a new assistant cause that one out there has a real bitchy attitude.”
“Is it in your brief case?” he asked ignoring my statement.
“Is what?” I asked my eyebrows scrunched together.
“You said we had business to discuss, I would assume that it is in your brief case.” He said blankly.
“No. the brief case is just for show.” He raised a curious brow at me.
“What,” I said “do you think they would have let me in otherwise?” I sighed and sat down in the chair. “I need to know everything you know about Naraku.”
“What makes you think I would help you?”
“I don’t know I guess I trust enough to think that you might help me.”
“That is a stupid assumption.”
“Maybe, but then again stupid assumptions never stopped me before so why should I let it stop me now.” Sesshomaru stared at me and I found myself not being able to hold his gaze. It seemed like hours had passed but it was only seconds when he finally spoke.
“We should not discuss this here. Come.” And with that we both left out of the door leaving the obviously upset Kagura behind.
The restaurant wasn’t very packed. We took the sets in the back so that no one could hear our conversation. He had to order for me seeing as my Japanese was a little rusty.
“What exactly is this?” I said picking at my food.
“It’s food.” He said as a matter-of-fact. “If you did not want to eat then you shouldn’t have asked me to order something.”
“No, no I’m going to eat it. I just wanted to know what it was.” I picked the meat or at least that’s what it looked like and ate it. It wasn’t as bad as it looked. After I had eaten a few bites I reached on my hip and pulled of the cell phone and sat it in the table. Sesshomaru picked it up and then looked at me.
“It’s a phone.” He said in that matter-of-fact tone of his.
“I know it’s a phone, I’m not stupid you know. It’s not my phone, I think it’s his or for him. That night at the club after you gave me that money it rung, somebody put it in my purse. Not only that but when I answered it was him. He knew where I was and everything. To top of all of this crap he only calls when I have the phone. He has to be watching me or having someone watch me for him to know when I have and what I’m doing.”
“You have spoken with him?”
“Yes.” I answered cautiously “is that a problem?”
“You have put yourself in his game. You shouldn’t have answered the phone.”
“That’s really nice Sesshomaru but seeing has how I have already answered the phone that not really going to help me is it? But what will help is, you telling what you know about so that way I will know who the hell I’m dealing with here.” Sesshomaru looked with serious eyes I had to look away. Something about his eyes that made me feel uncomfortable. But not uncomfortable in a weird way, more like, I couldn’t trust myself to look into them and not get lost in them. He still had not said anything but just kept staring at me, like he was trying to figure me out. It was making me feel itchy.
“Would you stop looking at me like!” I said. He still said nothing and I found myself getting impatient. I went back to eating my food only because I was hungry but I fully intended on leaving. It was stupid to expect him to help me. Wait a minute, maybe he is the one Naraku has following me. I glanced up at him. He could be in alliance with Naraku and now he’s trying to befriend me to lure me into something. Shit how could i be so stupid and carless?!
“Do not insult me girl.” He finally said.
“What? How did you…? What are you talking about?”
“You where considering the possibility that this Sesshomaru could be in alliance with that vermin. This Sesshomaru would never stoop so low.”
“Okay, I’m sorry but you can’t really blame for weighing my options seeing that nothing is being discussed here.” I could have sworn I saw him grin but it left as quickly as it came.
“You are a very atypical girl.”
“Woman, but thank you I try.” I said with a smile.
“Naraku is a very crafty and audacious person but he is a coward,” I smiled inside when he started to explain. Even though he didn’t tell me all of what he knew, I could tell, I was glad he told me something. He dropped me off a few blocks from home at my request. I honestly had a good time with him but unfortunately I had to go back to the reality of my home. No one was inside when I came back so I went back to my own room, grateful to get out of these stockings. I went to the bathroom and got in to the shower. The water felt good on my back and I couldn’t help the smile that crept on my face. I got out dried myself off and put on a t-shirt. I felt good but tired even though it is only in the middle of the day. Curling up under my blank I stared up at my ceiling and replayed the events of the morning in my head until I had fallen asleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story