Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > 100 MCR oneshots

Drill

by x_Charlie_x 0 reviews

Drill #28 'Those eyes that bored straight through mine and into my soul. I'll never forget them.'

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-06-11 - Updated: 2008-06-11 - 501 words

0Unrated
------------------------------------------
It could be written about any one of the guys really but is definately written in the voice of one of my own characters.
------------------------------------------


When you died I knew that nothing would ever be the same again. I had no trouble in believing that life would never be as grand or special or sacred ever again now that you weren’t here to make something as simple as a storm seem magical.

When you were alive you used to tell me that life was just a moment that you lived in and couldn’t take for granted. Something to enjoy while you have it, to make the most of, until eventually it’s gone and you have to move on. You never said what you thought would happen afterwards but you always made it sound like there would be another chapter. You just never said what that chapter would be.

When you died everything fell apart. The rest of the band didn’t know what to do with themselves and I didn’t either. I used to walk around what was our home and wish that you’d came back enough to have left an impression. I didn’t go around and look at your scattered socks and shirt and burst into tears. I didn’t accidentally make you a cup of coffee when I made mine, I didn’t see your toothbrush in the holder and smash the mirror in a fit of grief. Those things never happened because they couldn’t happen. Your clothes were stashed in various suitcases so you didn’t have to pack before you went on tour. Your toothbrush was on the bus for someone else to cry over. I never accidentally made you coffee because I never had to.

When you were alive you would look at me so directly it felt like you were drilling holes into me and peering in at my soul. It made me uncomfortable. It felt like you knew me better than I knew myself sometimes. You would look at me like that when I was talking and I would know that you were listening to every word, every syllable, every change in the tone of my voice and understanding it all, even the subtext.

When you died you told me not to follow. You made me promise not to do anything stupid. Right there on your death bed and you were worrying about me. The thing is you were my life so without you here I’m pretty much dead already and would it really be a stupid thing to follow you if there is some chance that when I die we could finally be reunited and happy?

When I remember you I always think of your eyes and how they would drill into my soul, even from the photographs I keep of you pinned to my wall, I will never be loved by anyone as much as you loved me, and I loved you.

Goodbye.
Sign up to rate and review this story