(#) jabarber69 2007-11-17Osiris sounds like a cool dude! and ole ronnie-kins due to his normal idiotic observations has done the usual and his actions will probably amount to him loosing his hermione (in his mind anyway) to harry forever! oh well who would want to be hitched to a dude that is only interested in two things: food and quidditch and oops I nearly forgot once that idiotic little peabrain actually finds some girl stupid enough to have sex with him then he will add another to his limited favorite things and that is sex! Of course his version of sex would make the people that coined the phrase: Slam-Bam thang you ma'am be right proud!
- Another excekkent chapter. I really like the 'old ones' and enjoy learning more about them. I also appreciate that you do not get bogged down by explaining every single curse Harry learns. Things are moving along nicely.
I have read many a story where Harry is told he is holding back due to his upbringing (and I agree). I hope you will be the rare writer that actually follows through on the idea that if he's encouraged, he will realize this is true and have a brekthrough. I don't mind that he relies on Hermione as a friend. It bothers me greatly when he counts on her to do all his thinking for him.
Thank you again for your continued efforts. I just re-read 'Training and Confrontations', it still holds up (even though I hated the abrupt ending).
Author's responseThanks. Glad you're enjoying the story And of course, in a retelling, I also shouldn't have to describe all of the Death Day party or how Harry outflies Draco in detail.
- The tone of this story reminds me of T&C, i my mind your second best. You have a Harry who takes things in stride, ever-faithful Hermione, who may not be quite clear on the extent of her own devotion, and a Ron, who can't see past his smudgy, freckled nose. Having read you a few times, I'm eagerly awaiting Luna. Feel free to borrow mine:-)
Author's responseWhich one do you like best? As for Luna, this Luna will be very different. Was Luna already way out there when she arrived at Hogwarts, or was she driven that way due to the extreme teasing and bullying? This is a shier Luna, away from her beloved father for the first time, and only knowing Ginny and sort of knowing Ron.
- I Love the concept of the story, weaving myths and legends from various cultures into a mysterious quasi-religious order. They mentioned one who went dark, might Voldie have found some of his research at one point?
I assume Ron will be taking a moral high ground over Harry's imagined abandonment of them this summer.
- I've just started reading your story and i'm glad that I have. The way that you have given harry the training that dumbledore should have at least tried to give him was brilliant. And I really like how you've started changing harry and hermiones' relationship, And I just wanted to know will ron be jealous and throw a tantrum when harry shows up and it becomes obvious that harry and hermione are closer than they were before. And I wanted to know if harry will come back super harry or will he come back stronger,smarter,and in better shape with more understang of how magic works I mean he is only twelve. And one last thing will harry receive another familliar (i'm not sure that I spelled that right)any way I hope that you update soon.
Author's responseRon will be confused and clueless. Harry should not be super-Harry (super-Harry in training, maybe. . . . Harry is Volde's equal and able to drive away 100+ dementors while volde could make the diary at 16) And so far, no new familiar. Maybe a pet basilisk -- Harry can have it play with the Slytherins.
- You raise some interesting questions:
- In having the horocrux removed from him, will Harry become familiar enough with their "signature" to tell that the diary is one?
- Will the new familiar be "just" another owl or something that reflects both his love of flying and his parseltongue capabilities? An occamy (winged snake, I believe), perhaps? Or a dragonette?
- What level of double-take will Draco do on meeting the "new and improved" Harry and how bad will he get spanked this year?
- Will the "new and improved" Harry have a greater feeling for others and take Ginny and Luna "under his wing"?
- And -chuckle-, of course, just how big a fit will Ron pitch, esp. when he finds out that Harry -did- write him and he never wrote back?
I can see lots of fun times ahead for all.
- nice start for the fic...i dont know why ron is given a major role in the canon coz he seems to be the griffindor version of malfoy plus he is an idiot to boot! the only thing he has running around in his head is food and quidditch...for a chess player he is pretty dumb aint he?the max limit is he can be comic relief nothing more...as for the canon, to be truthful it has more holes than a sieve..just one thing make the pairings seem logical unlike the canon...update soon and keep up the good work
Sign up to review this story.