(#) Terdwilicker 2008-03-22Regarding Ron. No, I don't think that's out of character at all. Through the series, Canon!Ron was a bigot, a jackass, sometimes with a useful observation but mostly serving as the bigot-relief simply because he was beyond ignorant and unable to imagine a world beyond what he knows. And his world is really damned small. He's good at hating what he's told to hate. He wants stuff, he's jealous and envious and abandons Harry and Hermione during the horcrux hunt, only coming back when it served his own ends, not theirs. There's dissertations on why Ron is a git. So him dumping a woman who makes him feel inferior (Hermione) and has more ambition than Percy... it was a foregone conclusion. Much like Harry doesn't belong with Ginny because she doesn't know or care about the Real Harry, she loves the Image. Ron just wants to have an easy life and play/watch quidditch, visit the pub and keep a few mistresses for "sporting". He wants babies and his mother's cooking. He'll marry a bird who gives him that, and will be content with it. Hermione? Never. They were a terrible couple. He hurt her almost from the outset, and she told him he was wrong with the first words from her mouth "I don't think that's a real spell".
And another thing. Harry and Hermione are a bad couple too. Shock! Their mental injuries from their childhoods are too traumatic for them to be able to live together. Its been said that Harry wants a family, and maybe he does, but that's not what he needs. He needs PTSD therapy, with war veterans and a seriously talented mental health counselor. Only after his head is straight should he entertain taking a wife. The Harry in this story is OOC, its true, but this isn't a serious story. Its a light romance and some humor. The real Harry would be physically injured, shell shocked, and probably hospitalized after fighting Voldy to death. He wouldn't be in school chumming it up in good humor and mocking Dumbles for kicks. In this context, OOC is fine. This Harry is mentally healthy, and Ron is his usual self, an idiot.
Hermione has been deceiving herself, just as Ginny has, convincing herself she'll be happy if she attaches herself to one of her friends because she's aware of the loneliness which is looming with graduation. Hermione has alienated the wizarding world by the wrong blood and being too damned smart, and rubbing it in everyone's noses for 7 years. She's the kind of girl to get Nobel prizes and go on book tours and TV to keep rubbing people's noses in it and wonder why she doesn't quite get the respect she's after. In her way she envies Harry. But its a different envy from Ron or Ginny. At least she knows Harry, and in most stories she doesn't play for him because the smart part of her knows it would hurt them both. Hermione isn't suited for relationships because she hasn't figured out people enough to get along with them. Until she learns psychology and human dynamics, she's going to be alone. That's her reality. Books and knowledge are a crutch for her problems with people.
(#) whatareyouevensaying 2008-03-22Poor Hermione. I guess it was only a matter of time with Ron, though. One thing that I can usually count on in your stories is some solid Weasley bashing, and this chapter once again didn't disappoint.
Looking forward to more.
(#) DragonBard 2008-03-22Alright, I was willing to give this story a chance. However, turning the entire Weasley clan against Harry like that just killed my interest in this fic. Turning Ginny into a gold-digging slut, and Ron into a guy who would use a friend for sex like that, and betray two friendships. Not to mention having REMUS betray Harry...
I'm sorry, but no.
Author's response- Bye.
(#) ROBERT_1958 2008-03-22I realy like this fic.
I think Harry should have found out more of the ins & outs in the books.
I know I get somthing new I find all I can about it.
I like Harry / Hermione parings.
A Harry Daphne Hermione paring would be good as well.
I have never liked a Ron Hermione or Harry Ginny parings. Ron & Hermione usaly fight, Ron's eather eating like a pig, or talking or playing chess, sports, not a hard worker. Ginny is a moma girl, she never goes on adventurs with Harry, how could Ginny & realy have lasting marage? Hermione has been by Harry's side all along, Harry would do anything to protect Hermione.
Thanks for a great read. Also, thanks for taking your time writing your stories, most people forget that it takes time and efert writing these sories, I do not want to be one of them.
- I continue to enjoy the story. I particularly enjoy Harry or Nevile feeding Albus some overused fan fiction cliche as the method of slaying Voldemort. Hopefully we will learn the "truth" when Harry tells Daphne. I'm looking forward to some marvelous revenge headed the Weasley direction from either Harry or Daphne. Thanks for Writing. W.
(#) rlupin1003 2008-03-22When is he going to refuse the contract for Ginny? I hope he really channels his inner Malfoy for that one. It would be nice to see him put Molly in her place too, since that is where Ginny and Ron's attitudes seem to come from.
Author's response- I guess there's no putting it off any longer. Ginny's declining will happen next chapter.
- I'm not planning on having Molly appear in this story, though that might change.
- That was an emotional chapter for the bushy haired head girl. but it was too quick for harry to but hermione in the friend or sister catagory, I wish that he would have had a reaction or at least started to kiss back before he stopped the kiss. but as for ron he never deserved hermione and I hope that harry has really cut his ties with ron but I wanted to know is who the other girl ron is having sex with. and it tracys' reaction seems like she is in love with daphne a little bit. And about ginny since harry is such a celebrity now why doesn't he have luna do a little story about the weasleys about their actions, and let harrys fans have a go at the weasleys. and that was a nice show of power by harry and maybe dumbles should receive a kick in the arse for his actions, and maybe harry should put a charm on the pictures on the wall that will block ron from seeing them anymore.
Author's response- There was nothing quick about Harry deciding that Hermione was a sister/friend. They've known each other for 6 years at this point, it happened slowly over the years, and Harry realized how he felt about Hermione when he attempted to use her as the star in a wank fantasy, before deciding that no matter how cute she was, it wasn't working and he moved on to Padma...
- Ron's other girl? Morag MacDougal.
- Harry just wants to live his life and be left alone. He's not looking to punish anyone for anything.
Sign up to review this story.