- Okay, first let me get over my need to strange Ron. Okay, I'm over it. Instead, I want to take him out to a black hole and kick the little ** out of the airlock with a spacesuit and let him suffer the worst fate known to physics. Yeah, there are assholes in every world but to treat a friend and a girl that has feelings for you like that... I won't rant any longer. I think that the worst thing Harry can do to the Weasleys now is to ensure that they remain a impoverished joke of a pureblood clan.
Harry... Wow! What can I say about his power levels? He forced himself through the structure of the building (despite its wards) to get into Hermione's room. I think that Dumbledore needs to seriously rethink that threat to duel. Harry might have the raw power levels to overcome his much greater experience, probably explosively. Ever seen a Mk9 'Gate-buster' super-nuke go off in 'Stargate'?
I did like Harry's little poem/song. He is a sensitive boy really. Still, this will test whether any relationship with Daphne is possible: Will she be able to accept that Harry will go to his female friend when she needs him, even if that means breaking a date?
This is a great story. I check for updates every day.
BenRG's Rating: 8/10
Author's response- Yeah, I've based the Hermione/Ron story here off a pair of friends of mine. He actually thought they were just 'fuck-buddies' (long before the term was coined) and she was deeply in love. When it collapsed (no where near as neatly as I wrote), I ended up holding her and singing bad breakup songs until she laughed.
- I had a lot of trouble with the 'forced entry' scene. What I wanted to do was emulate the classic 'Strongbow forces Stoneshaper Door to open the exit from Blue Mountain' from Wendy & Richard Pini's Elfquest series. But when I wrote it, it just didn't seem... right somehow, so I had him pass through the wall instead. I'm not sure I'm going to explore that much or not.
- My response to crying women has always been to try to get them to laugh... My singing usually get's that response....
(#) Random_Shinobi 2008-03-22Honestly, this is getting far too OOC. I usually don't mind if people act a little OOC or even greatly so, as long as the reasons for it are explained. The problem is that you have given us absolutely no reason why they suddenly act so damn OOC.
Really, I'm starting to think that you simply get your kicks from old-fashioned Weasley bashing. It's never a good practice for an author to let his hatred of certain characters to shine through.
While I like Harry/Daphne pairing and dislike Weasleys, I don't think I can read this fic any longer.
Oh, and you seem to have some formatting problems with this chapter.
Author's response- Of course they're OOC, at least from the perspective of canon. If they weren't then what would be the point of writing anything beyond the canon books?
- wow. Ron is a fucking asshole who just discarded and rejected the best thing to ever happen to him. What an idiot. what he did to Hermione is fucked up and completely beyond the pale. He should be placed put under a the Cruciatus while having his mind raped and being forced to relive his worst enemies for the rest of his natural life. What a colossal fucking asshole! Hermione does not deserve the horrific treatment she has just been made a recipient of. Can you please make Ron a victim of the Cruciatus for a week or two? I think that should be the beginning of his punishment. Asshole! Ron is an asshole!
Dumbles is being an idiot again. His threatening to cast a virginity charm on Daphne is disgusting and a repugnantly repulsive violation of her privacy if he follows through on the threat. Hopefully the earful McGonnagall gave him will dissuade him of that notion. He is another prize winner who deserves to be place under the Cruciatus. He certainly has done more than enough to deserve it.
There will definitely be fall out from the confrontations that occurred in this chapter. I can't wait to see how the confrontation with Bitch (Ginny) will be resolved.
I have some advice on how Harry can get rid of the redheaded stalker bitch. I think a nice refreshing session under the Cruciatus curse should get her to rethink her actions. Nothing quites says 'I love you' like a Crucio.
Author's response- You know, it's subtle, but I'm getting the feeling that you don't care for my version of Ron...
- Control is important to Dumbles...
- Yes, the fall out is coming.
- You're kind of free with that Crucio stuff... Potential Dark Lord material I'm guessing...
- Wow another great chapter i can't wait to read the next chapter.Too bad dumbles did not take harry up on his offer of a duel i think harry could take him.One thing i would have liked to have seen would have been daphne beating the crap out of the broomstick .Again thank you for another great chapter i relly love your stories.
(#) alec_potter 2008-03-22Nice chapter.... ron looked out of sorts even for your story as you had said somewhere tht ron here isn't bad or something.
Harry - hermione seen was good, but now the repercussions will be interesting. Not from dumbles but daphne side...humm....can't wait for d next chapter.
I hope you have a BIG ginny showdown soon, preferably from a combine of daphne-tracy-hermione defending harry...would be an awesome scene.
It's interesting to see that thou remus is not on speaking terms, tonks is on good terms with harry and that too not just caz he is new head of family.
Update soon and great going.
Author's response- I've said through out that Ron is not a bad guy, and he's not. He IS an ass and a mommas boy, but not a bad guy.
- / Eric Cartman mode on
OOOOHHH Ginny is a bitch, she's a big fat bitch, she's the bitchiest bitch in the whole wide world...
/ Eric Cartman mode off.
- I don't see Harry as needing defending. The rejections begin again next chapter.
- What Remus did, is coming up.
THANK GOD we can count on Ron to be an ass among asses!
Second even the most level haded can be taken in by lust and what is assumed love.
Now Harry has proclaimed her as his 'sister' and whereever you take this please don't let hermione end up with a cad or a goof! And by now Neville isn't either.
But I think I am highly awaiting Daphne's reaction to this new wrinkle!
Will she react like Cho and later Ginny, or will she see Harry's feelings for Hermione as genuine yet non threatening.
BTW Hope Ron' get the Wizard's equivilet of the clap, love to see his gonads dropping and falling down one of Hogwarts stairs!
P.s.- I AM still hoping for an eventual Trio but that's me!
Author's response- Yeah, he's good for that.
-Like the title said, Smart Witch, Bad Choices...
- And Neville is off the Market (Hannah never struck me as one to share) No, no cads nor goofs. She's had enough of both. After her experience with Ron, she may swear off men for a while... Hmm, Luna's not doing anything...
- Daphne will react, and be surprised by her own reaction.
- I don't know about an attack of the Dragon Clap -or- Troll crabs (I wish I could remember what fic those delightful illnesses came from) But something might happen to Ron...
- No Trios.
(#) Terdwilicker 2008-03-22That was good. A bit short, but good. Harry's maturity level is surprisingly high, considering how little proper schooling and adult socialization he's done over the years to fight Voldy. Storming off to comfort Hermione is exactly the right thing to do, and her response to Ron was spot on. IN the next chapter you'll have to either have their conversation or skip it and deal with him explaining his relationship to Daphne, which is the next point of contention. Any woman who wants Harry has to deal with Hermione baggage, and the jealousy and suspicion that comes with it. Even if its only friendship, she'll always wonder, and other people will whisper and women REALLY HATE THAT, the whispering. They take it very personally, just the implication. You're old enough to know that and can make it a central point of the next chapter. Enjoy the Spring weather and looking forward to the next chapter.
Sign up to review this story.