Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > California Dreaming

Hello

by The-one-and-only 1 review

Julius gets to... He...

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-06-25 - Updated: 2008-06-25 - 941 words

1Exciting


It was about an hour and a half after I called Al, and they still weren’t here yet. I wasn’t allowed to see Delilah yet, so I only had my thoughts. As much as I tried to think of good memories, the questions of “what ifs” ran through my mind. Suddenly, a hand touched my shoulder and brought me back to reality. It was Al. I jumped.

“Hey man, how’s it hanging?” asked Al.

“I didn’t even notice you come in...” I said. “... I was lost in my thoughts. Where’s Scarlett?”

“She went to go help the doctors who are taking care of Delilah.” He said.

I stood up. If Scarlett can go in there, then that must mean that we can visit her now. I thought. It was like Al could read my mind.

“I’m sorry kiddo, we can’t visit her yet” He said. He probably felt bad that he had to burst my bubble, you could tell by the way he said it. I sat back down in disappointment. Suddenly, something came over me. I couldn’t stand waiting here, watching her go through this... I couldn’t stand anything anymore.

“Why Al?” I yelled. Some people who were in the waiting room turned their heads, but I didn’t care. “Why did it have to be her? Why did she have to get hit with that needle? Why couldn’t the kiss work on her? Why is it that she has to suffer? Why couldn’t have been me?”

Tears started running down my face. I put my head between my knees, holding my head with my hands. Al didn’t know what to say. Instead, he just sat beside me rubbing my arm (for those sick minded people, you know what I mean.)

“Julius, I know how you feel, but there’s nothing you can do. This is fate, and fate’s something you can’t change. No one knows what might happen next, or what might happen in the future. We’re just going to have to wait and see.” He said, trying to make me feel better, but anger came over me.

“No! You can change fate. I can change it... and I will! I’ll do whatever it takes!” I yelled. Al seemed a bit hurt after I said this.

“Al, I...” I paused. “I’m sorry. I just... I have to go see her.” I said, calming down.

“I know you do” he said. “I’ll come with you.”

We both walked through the door towards where Delilah was. I looked through the little window. There were doctors everywhere, and on the bed was my girlfriend hooked up to all these different machines, wires all over the place. Scarlett saw me, so she came out.

“How is she?” was the first thing I said when she walked out of the room.

“Her condition hasn’t changed. We’re trying to find out a way to help make it better, but it might take some time.” She said, giving Julius a reassuring hug.

“Can we go in and see her?” I asked, hoping she would say yes.

“Yes, but be quiet.”

I walked into the hospital room. There she was laying there motionless, just like how I had seen her last week. I sat down next to her bed, and started stroking her beautiful hair. Every beep that came from one of the machines made me jump. Al and Scarlett stayed outside so that they could talk. It was about five minutes when all of a sudden, there was this odd noise coming out of one machine. All the doctors came rushing towards her. I didn’t know what to do; I didn’t even know what was wrong with her.

“What’s happening?” I yelled, as Scarlett and Al came rushing in. One of the doctors who were around the machine that made the noise started to shout directions to the other doctors.

“She’s fallen into a coma!” The doctor said.

“No!” I yelled. I stood up quickly, but my legs gave in and I fell to the floor

Shock came over me. Scarlett and Al helped me back up. Tears were running down my face.

“Julius, I know this is hard, but you need to step outside for a bit.” said Scarlett.

I just looked at her, and then at Delilah. Scarlett gave me a hug and escorted me to the door. I looked back at Delilah.

"I’m going to stop this; I’m not going to let this happen to you. I love you, I love you so much, and I will do anything and everything possible to change this. Don’t give up." I whispered her but it was low enough that no one else could hear it.

I was sitting beside Delilah’s door, with only my thoughts, again. A nurse came over with a glass of water. I stood up.

“Hello. I heard about what happened to your little friend. I hope everything turns out fine. Would you like something to drink? It always helps to calm down when you drink something.” She said, while giving me a glass of water. She gave me a smile before walking away. I took a sip, and I put the glass on the floor against the wall. Then, I started to have a massive headache, which then grew into throbbing pain throughout my body. I couldn’t think strait anymore. The pain was unbearable. Is this...? I thought. The last thing I remembered was falling to the ground as everything turned black.
Sign up to rate and review this story