Categories > Original > Drama > Blood Sucking Babysitter

Chapter 3- Let the investigation, begin.

by Mo_Was_Here 0 reviews

Katherine begins her investigation on Helena and finds... not so much.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-06-29 - Updated: 2008-06-29 - 1251 words - Complete

1Exciting
Hey guys please do tell me if you like it or not! And you can tell me what you think i should add in my story! Please rate and review!
Katherine’s POV- diary

Today I got up at seven to start my investigation on Helena. My mom and dad aren’t awake yet, but my dad should get up in an hour to leave for work. So I first went down stairs and got myself a cup of milk, I hid behind the counter with all the gear I have collected over the years. A telescope from my mom, a look-n-listen scope from my uncle, four radios from my brothers, sunglasses that let you see what’s behind you from my dad, and a tracking device from Lauren. So first I peered over the table with my telescope and around the yard to make sure no one was watching me then got up and left the house.
I first crept across the Maibach’s lawn and over their hedge into Helena’s backyard. In my pockets I had my telescope that extends so you can see around corners and in high windows. I hid behind a bush outside Helena’s kitchen window and peered inside, it was a regular house. There were papers strewn across her table and bottles of what looked like blood on her shelves, I looked over into the cooking part of her kitchen and saw vials near her stove. There was a board over her oven that held a very long and wide piece of paper. I took out my telescope and looked into it; on the paper there were names. All of the names had been crossed out, the one at the very bottom read Molly Stuart.
I looked around to see if I could find any answers to Helena’s mad experiment when Helena’s face appeared in my telescope. I gasped and fell backward into her hydrangea bushes. Quickly I sat up and peered into her house again not using the telescope and saw, she had only come into the kitchen. I sighed with relief and gathered my telescope and crept out of Helena’s yard and back into mine.
I quietly closed the back door and crept backwards through the kitchen making sure that Helena or the Maibach’s were watching me, when I bumped into my dad.
“AGH! Katherine Marie Cole what the hell are you doing?!” my dad shouted, he was looking from his cereal covered shirt to me then back to his shirt.
“Oh I’m sorry dad! I didn’t see you there.” I said trying to sound innocent.
“Now I am going to be late for work,” my dad said setting his cereal bowl down on the counter and walking out of the kitchen and then headed upstairs. I let out a sigh of relief then quickly and quietly ran up to my room.
As I was opening my door my dad came out of his room and said,
“You still didn’t tell answer my question.”
“What question?” I said confused.
“What were you doing?” he asked looking at me like he had never seen me before.
“Oh, I was-uh-I was walking around the neighborhood.” I said.
My dad gave me a look of udder disgust then said, “Sure you were, I don’t have time to sit here and find out what you were doing. But if you got into trouble your mother and I are not going to be so welcoming this time.”
As he walked back down the stairs I stuck my tongue out at him and walked into my room, I had a lot of questions and no answers. I didn’t know what kind of “experiment” Helena was doing but I knew I would have to find out.
I am going to write down everything I saw today so if they have something to do with what Helena is hiding I can look back on them.
1) Messy house
2) Blood filled jars
3) Vials on/near stove
4) List of names of neighbors and other people
That’s all I could figure out from right now, but what bothered me the most was that Mrs. Stuart (josh’s mom) was at the bottom of the list of people that Helena had.
Then I remembered Mrs. Stuart was in the hospital, so I ran over to my pile of clothes and fished out the shorts I was wearing yesterday then shoved my hand in my pocket and pulled out Josh’s number. I ran over to my cell phone that was plugged into the charger and dialed his number. It rang twice then Josh answered,
“Hello?”
“Hey Josh, it’s Katherine. How is your mom?” I said breathing steadily.
“Oh, she’s fine. She passed out from heat exhaustion.” He said sounding disappointed.
“Oh well I am glad she’s okay. Uh does your mom know about Helena?” I asked.
“Yea, I mean she’s babysat us before.” He said.
“Did she have anything else to do with Helena? Like did she work with her, or did she visit Helena often?” I asked.
“Uh… no not really, why? Is Helena in trouble or something?” he asked sounding confused.
“No, it’s just I saw a piece of paper in Helena’s kitchen that had your mom’s name with a cross through it.” I said.
“Really?” he said shocked.
“Yea I saw it over her oven.” I said.
“You went into Helena’s house? She never let’s anybody go in there.” He said still sounding shocked.
“Well I didn’t go in her house I kind of looked through her window with my telescope.” I said quietly.
“You spied on Helena Appel?” he said.
“I didn’t really spy, I kind of watched her.” I said.
“For how long?” he asked.
“Maybe a half hour.” I said trying to sound like I didn’t know.
“You were spying!” he said loudly.
“Okay whatever! She was just to nice I had to figure out what made her tick.” I said defensively.
“So what did you find?” he asked.
“Nothing really, I mean other then the list… her house was messy, she had jars of what looked like blood on her shelves, and she had vials hanging over the oven.” I said starting to walk around my room.
“She had vials hanging over her oven?” he said skeptically.
“Well yea I mean there was one of those metal things that hold it over the flame.” I said.
“So you found out she was doing a science experiment?” he asked.
“I don’t think this is just a home experiment.” I said.
“Okay… well if you need any help spying on Helena’s science experiment, let me know.” He said sounding bored.
“You want to spy?” I asked
“No it wouldn’t be spying, it would be helping a friend.” He said defensively.
“Fine, but when I figure out she’s a evil villain your not going to get any credit!” I said.
“Okay, I gotta go my brothers need me. So I’ll call you later?” he said.
“I’ll be waiting.” I replied and hung up.
I think this place might not be so bad, I mean I have only been here three days and I am already having luck with guys.

Sorry this chapter is so short, I have been really busy! So PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW! And tell your friends about my story!
Sign up to rate and review this story