Categories > Original > Drama > Blood Sucking Babysitter

Chapter 4- Dont bother knocking.

by Mo_Was_Here 0 reviews

Katherine and Josh's romance starts, and so does Helena's mystery.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-07-01 - Updated: 2008-07-01 - 5029 words - Complete

1Exciting
This chapter is dedicated to my friend Kaitlin who was diagnosed with Leukemia. I love you Kaitlin! Please rate and review!
Katherine’s POV

Knock
“Katherine can you please get the door!” My mom screamed.
I ran to the door and opened it; standing in the doorway was Helena Appel. Helena was wearing a blue t-shirt with pink and purple flowers on it and the same tan skirt she wore the day before. Again completed with lip-gloss and pink eye shadow.
“Why hello Katherine! Are you ready to have some fun?” she asked talking to me like I was five.
“Yes I am! Let me go get my binky first and we can go play Candy Land.” I said in the same babyish voice.
“Ha ha! You are so funny!” she said in the high girlish voice she used yesterday with my mom.
“I know I am,” giving her a fake smile, then turned on my heel and shouted, “MOM HELENA IS HERE!” And my mom came scrambling out of her room and down the stairs, still putting in her earrings+.
“Oh hi Helena, thank you for coming to babysit Katherine. I am sorry I cant stay and get to know you because well I have to go to work, but when I get home from work which should be at four,” my mom said looking at her watch, “We can chat over some dinner! The emergency numbers are on the counter and there are frozen meals in the freezer. The moving people should be coming today with our furniture so it is okay to let them in, but keep a good eye on them.”
“Of course I will Mrs. Cole and don’t you worry about a thing.” She said sweetly.
“Alright then I am off, be good Katherine!” my mom said and ran out the front door.
As the door slammed Helena and I stood in silence. I looked at her trying to hold back any expression, and she just stood there smiling at me.
Breaking the silence Helena said, “So what do you want to do?”
I smiled at her with my fake smile and said, “There are a lot of things I want to do, like ride my skateboard up the Eiffel Tower, eat a ice cream sundae, jump on a trampoline, drown my father in our swimming pool, go to Hawaii, kiss Josh Stuart, win a billion dollars, go back home, become famous, rewind time, go see Lauren again, and say something that wipes that pathetic fake smile off your ugly face.”
Helena frowned at me and said, “Well you defiantly have a dirty mouth, which means you have to have a time out!”
“A time out,” I said raising my eyebrows, “What do I look like to you a five-year-old?”
“Well obviously your parents think so if you need a babysitter.” She said sweetly.
“I don’t need a babysitter, they just need someone to watch me so I don’t get into trouble.” I said turning on my heel and walking towards the stairs.
“You cannot walk away from me!” she said following me.
“Well what do you call my legs moving in the opposite direction of you?” I said heading up the stairs.
“I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!” Helena shouted and before I could turn around to talk back I felt a searing pain in the back of my neck, then everything became blurry and the ground began to rise.
-two hours later-
“Katherine… Katherine sweetie.” I heard a familiar voice calling my name.
“Mom?” I asked opening my eyes.
“No honey it’s Helena, you passed out when we were in the kitchen.” She said looking down on me.
“What?” I said sitting up. I was lying in my mom’s room.
“I didn’t know which one was your room so I laid you down, in the first room I found. Since you have no furniture I just laid you down on the sleeping bags.” Helena said answering my unasked question.
“What did you do to me?” I said starring at her.
“I didn’t do anything.” She said looking concerned.
“Yes you did! We were fighting then something happened, I think you threw something at me because I felt pain in my-“ I felt my neck and broke off, there were two bite marks in the back of my neck.
“Is there something wrong?” she asked
“Get out.” I said. She bit me and I knew it, if she thought I was just going to let is slide, she was wrong.
“I am supposed to stay with you though sweetie, and you just passed out!” she said looking shocked but still using her high girlie voice.
“GET OUT!” I shouted standing up.
“I can’t just leave you! I am supposed to stay until four and its only noon!” she said with tears in her eyes.
“GET OUT OR I WILL CALL THE POLICE!” I screamed at her.
“I can’t leave you! You are in a critical condition I must call the hospital,” she said reaching into her pocket and pulling out a shiny pink cell phone.
“NO!” I screamed and kicked the phone out of her hand and caught it. She just looked at me with a look of pure horror, “You get out of my house or I will be forced to hurt you.” I said shaking
“Dear, you look ill and you really must see a doctor!” she said looking concerned.
“Get out now, or I will hurt you.” I said more confidently.
“I am a babysitter, and the number one rule is not to leave a child unattended.” She said looking away.
“I am not a child. And if you don’t leave, tomorrow when you wake up your going to find yourself in a cargo box headed for Australia.” I said looking at her straight in the eye.
“Why don’t we go downstairs and get you a warm cup of hot chocolate.” She said looking scared.
“Alright,” I said and made her go first down the stairs.
Once we got downstairs I said, “Helena, wait!”
She turned around and started to say, “What is it-“ but she couldn’t finish because I kicked her across the face and pushed her out of the door. I slammed the door and locked it, I looked through the glass and said, “Go to hell.”
Helena just looked at me through the glass then felt her face, she had a cut across her cheek from where my converse had hit. She wiped some of the blood from her cut then looked at it, she looked up at me smiled her sweet smile, licked the blood off her finger and walked away.
“Whoa.” I said to myself. I was completely shocked by what just happened, but I knew what I saw and felt before I had passed out wasn’t my imagination. Helena was hiding something, and I had to figure it out.

Josh’s POV

We just got home from the hospital when we saw Helena leaving Katherine’s house, it was weird because Helena had a mark across her right cheek so I ran up to Katherine’s house and knocked on the door. Moment’s later she answered it,
“Hey Josh,” she said looking around behind me, “what’s up?”
“Nothing, I just saw Helena leave did she come visit you or something?” I asked then peered down to her hand, “WHY ARE YOU HOLDING A KNIFE?”
“SH! Now come in here,” she said then pulled me inside.
“Why are you holding a knife?” I said as we walked into her kitchen.
“I thought you were Helena.” She said putting the knife away.
“Why would you want to stab Helena? Going to test her blood?” I asked laughing a little.
“Very funny,” she said sitting on the counter, “No because she bit me, then when I kicked her out she totally got all horny over her own blood.”
“She bit you?” I asked raising my eyebrows and sitting down next to her.
“Yea look,” she said turning around the lifting up her hair, sure enough there were two bite marks on he back of her neck.
“Funny, my mom had the same bite marks on her neck.” I said looking down.
“So did Helena bite your mom too?” she asked.
“I don’t know, my mom never said anything about Helena biting her.” I said looking up; she had blue eyes. Not just any blue eyes, but the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen.
“Maybe Helena is a vampire, and your mom and I are going to become vampires to!” she said giggling.
“I highly doubt that, there are no such things as vampires.” I said laughing.
“I know,” she said poking me in the ribs. I poked her back, then she punched me, and we started play fighting in her kitchen. I tickled her and we both fell off her counter and onto the floor. I kept tickling her and she burst into laughter, I started laughing to and her face turned scarlet she was laughing so hard. Then she elbowed me in the ribs and I let go. She sat up and I sat up, we stared at each other for like 10 seconds then started laughing.
After we were done laughing I looked into her blue eyes again and started to inch closer to her, she moved closer to and when we were only a centimeter apart Colin came in.
“JOSH MOM WANTS YOU TO COME HOME FOR-“ he broke off and Katherine and I stood up so fast we nearly passed out, “Sorry I didn’t mean to interrupt,” he said turning pink.
“It’s alright, uh- I’ll see you later then?” I asked turning towards her.
“Later.” She said smiling and I walked out her door. As Colin and I were walking across the lawn I whispered, “thanks a lot Colin.” Then speed walked all the way into the house and into my room.

Katherine’s POV-diary

I love Joshua Stuart. I have written this down all over my “diary”. Because well it’s true! After I gave Helena the boot Josh came over and we were so close to kissing I could smell his toothpaste! Then Colin came in and scared the shit out of us. So yea… I think that South Carolina is like the coolest state ever. What would make it even cooler was if Lauren was here.
I wasn’t kidding when I told Josh that I thought Helena was a vampire, I only made it sound like I was kidding because I didn’t want him to think I was crazy then not like me at all. I think that Helena did bite Mrs. Stuart and I and that the bite makes you feel warm and pass out. The reason why I think that is because the doctors said she passed out because of heat exhaustion, and when I passed out I felt warm and when I woke up I was still warm.
Actually she might be like part snake, and maybe that’s why we felt all hot and passed out because her venom did that to you.
No I am just sounding ridiculous, my goody-goody neighbor part snake and/or vampire? I think not.
I just heard a knock at my door and it scared me shitless. If it’s Helena she might bite me again and put more of her nasty venom into my body. So I grabbed my pocketknife and shoved it into my pocket and headed for the top of the stairs, I peered around the corner and saw the moving truck in my driveway. I stood up and walked down the stairs and opened the door,
“Hello, you must be here to deliver our furniture.” I said to the big mover guy leaning against my door.
“Yes we are little lady, now if you just tell us where the items belong we’ll be outta here in a flash.”
“Okay,” I said then the movers began to bring in every part of our old house inside. I showed them where everything belong and by the time they were done two hours had passed by.
“Well little lady that’s it,” the mover said as he was looking around my house.
“Do you guys want something to drink?” I asked because they were all sweaty from moving the furniture.
“No thanks little lady, we’re not aloud.” He said walking towards the door, “But thanks for asking.”
“No problem, have a nice day!” I said waving to them as the pulled out of my driveway.
I turned around and looked at the house, it was defiantly more full with all the furniture in it. So I ran up to my room and started to clean things up, all my dressers had came in so I filled them up with my clothes and put pictures of my friends and family on top. I cleaned up my sleeping bag and threw it into my closet with my umbrella, winter coats, shoes, Mrs. Penning’s candles, and my mom’s vacuum cleaner.
My multi-colored striped bedding matched the walls, and my red circle rug fit perfectly in the middle of the room. I had my desk near the closet door, and put the vanity and dresser in the square part. I took one of the plants from the balcony and put it in the corner next to the stairs. I didn’t know what to do with my TV, beanbags, and side table so I put them in the room leading to my actual room. I am going to call that room the Chill Space.
I ran up to the second floor of my room, where my guitar, cello, and art supplies were and started to spread them out. I placed all my paints and pencils on the drawing table and put my cello and guitar in their cases. I admired the look of it all then walked up the super spiral staircase and onto the balcony. I looked out at the neighbor’s houses and was trying to think what to put on the balcony when I heard knocking. I whirled around trying to found what made the sound when I stopped looking at Josh’s window; he was tapping it. Once he had seen that I was looking at him he stopped and opened the window,
“Hey, what are you doing?” he asked.
“Nothing really, we just got all our furniture in so I was wondering what I am going to do with my balcony.” I said looking around.
“Well Mr. Penning put two lawn chairs out here, he used to sit there and look out at the street for hours at a time.” He said looking towards the street.
“I don’t think I am going to do that,” I said laughing a little.
“Yea it would be kind of strange.” He said looking back at me.
I looked at him and smiled then heard a car and looked down,
“Oh no my mom is home!” I said standing up straighter.
“Is that bad?” he said looking confused.
“Well yea considering I kicked Helena out! She’s going to be super pissed! I got to go Josh, call me later!” I shouted as I was running down the staircase and out of my room.
I ran down the staircase and bumped into my mom when I was trying to stop,
“Hey honey, I see the movers came.” She said looking around, “Where’s Helena?”
“Uh- we were playing hide and seek! Helena… you can come out now!” I waited for a moment looking hopefully at the top of the staircase.
“What did you do to Helena?” my mom said giving me the evil eye.
“It’s not what I did to her, it’s what she did to me!” I screeched.
“What happened?!” my mom said loudly.
“She bit me!” I said looking at my mom.
“She bit you?” my mom said with her eyebrows raised.
“Yea! Then I passed out and she tried to cover it up, but I knew better! Then when we were going downstairs to get hot chocolate I kicked her out.” I said, I could tell my mom didn’t believe any of this.
“Did you hurt her?” my mom asked and I looked down.
“Katherine Marie Cole! I told you to stay out of trouble!” my mom shouted.
“I would have been fine if you hadn’t had made Helena come and ‘babysit’ me!” I screamed back.
“Well your grounded!” my mom said walking into the kitchen and setting her bag down on the table.
“From what? I don’t know anybody here and we don’t have the cable hooked up yet.” I said following her.
“Okay, but you are not to hurt anybody else or we’re going to move again!” she said pointing her bony finger at me.
“Fine,” I said rolling my eyes.
“Well, I am going to go over the Helena’s house and apologize. Don’t get to any trouble when I’m gone.” She said looking at me sternly.
“I wont,” I said as my mom walked out of the door.
I walked up to my room and plopped down on my bed, how could this happen to me? No one was going to believe me on this one because it seemed unreal. I let out a sigh then reached back and touched the bite mark; all of the sudden my room disappeared and I saw my mom and Helena talking…
“I am so sorry that my daughter hurt you, and you don’t have to come back tomorrow.” My mom said looking sincerely sorry.
“Oh it’s alright Mrs. Cole, it didn’t even hurt, it’s just a minor cut!” she said sweetly touching the band-aid on her cheek.
“Well here is the money for today, and really if there is anything you might need just call us or come on over.” My mom said.
“I will,” Helena said smiling, “Well I will hopefully see you around!”
“Yes, well good-bye.” And my mom walked away.
Helena watched my mom walk across the lawn then she rolled her eyes and walked into the house, she pulled out her ponytail and shook her head a while and walked into the kitchen. I followed her and looked around, it was the same except for the list. The list had my name on the bottom now.
Then I followed Helena into a back room full of books, she looked around on the shelves then pulled out a thick green book with gold embalming on it. She opened it and started to read it, then she walked pass me and back into the kitchen where she took a few ingredients out of her cupboards and poured them on the book. Then she spoke,
To all great vampires here my cry,
Please come to my aid at this time.
Behold a great blood inside Marcus’s bowl,
This may be the one that could save our souls.

Then her eyes turned from light brown to a deep red and she projected blood from her mouth into a bowl in which she was holding. She placed the bowl down onto the book and stood back, all of a sudden the book began to shake and the ingredients that she had poured on the book began to rise. They started to take form, and then within seconds a man had appeared. The man had long green robes on with gold around the bottom. His eyes were closed and he spoke,
“What is it Helena?” The man said with a deep aggravated voice.
“I found a new blood,” she said in a different voice. Her voice was now low and less girlie then before. With her eyes still red she reached over to the bowl and picked it up and showed it to the man. The bowl was green like the book and his robes it bore a crest around the edges and had two long teeth stuck into the side.
“You, you have called us forty-seven times and no luck. What makes you think that this one will be any different?” he asked opening his eyes. His eyes were a deeper scarlet than Helena’s and had anger in them.
“The girl in which I retrieved it from had the ferocity of Viktor. She was keen to her sense’s and smart, I think this girl is the one.” She said holding the bowl a little closer to his face.
“Well you know the ritual.” He said turning away from her. Helena looked slightly satisfied then turned to the oven, the vial was hanging over it and she lit the flame. Once the flame had grown she poured the blood into the vial, the blood immediately began to boil. Then a green smoke rose from the vial and few over their heads.
“Oh my gosh, Raymond! Look!” Helena shouted and pointed to the smoke.
“You’ve done it Helena, you found the heir to Viktor.” The man said looking at the green smoke in amazement, “But we need to make sure that this is the right blood.” He said picking up the green book.
“How do we know?” Helena asked walking up next to him.
“’The green vapor that has risen from your testing tube should lead you to where Viktor/Marcus/Raymond’s body lays.’” He said quoting the book, “’Once you have found the body’s pour the remaining amount of blood into the king’s mouth, if it is the right blood he will awaken for thirty seconds then go back into his slumber.’ We need to find Viktor.” He said looking at Helena, and then they both looked up. The smoke had started to move from the kitchen then went up the stairs. Helena and Raymond followed the smoke still holding the book, once they had made it up stairs the smoke went into the second door on the right and they followed.
Once in the room the smoke had fallen to the ground and stayed hovering only an inch above the hard wood.
“What does it mean?” Helena said looking at Raymond.
“It means Viktor’s in your house.” He said starring at the green smoke.
“What are you talking about? Viktor was put to sleep nearly one thousand years ago. This house was built only twenty years ago, surely he is not here!” Helena said looking at the smoke then to Raymond.
“No he’s here.” Raymond said moving closer to the smoke, “Seventeen years ago your father took Viktor from his original resting place because the lichens knew where he was and were planning on disposing of him so we could not awaken him. The lichens found your father and tortured him into giving the whereabouts of our king; he wouldn’t give in though so the lichens killed him. As you found out two years ago your mother went mad trying to find where Viktor was hidden, so we had to take her away.” He said.
“So does that mean-“ Helena started.
“He’s underneath the wood.” Raymond said then dropped the book and started pulling on the wood beneath the green smoke, “HELP ME!” Raymond shouted and Helena grabbed a fire poker and shoved it in-between the two boards and pulled upward and the boards came out of the floor.
Helena gasped and smiled, where the boards had been laid the head and body of Viktor. Viktor looked like bones, his face was sunken in and he had become very thin.
“Give him the blood,” Raymond said looking at Helena.
She stared at him then looked back out the door, she outstretched her arm and opened her hand, then loudly and clearly said “Blood.” And the bowl of blood came zooming in the room and gracefully landed in her hand. She leaned over Viktor and said, “Please awaken my king.” Then she poured the blood into Viktor’s mouth. She leaned back upwards and stared hopefully at his face. Nothing had changed, he was still empty and lifeless,
“I am sorry dear,” Raymond said laying his hand down on her shoulder, “Looks like she’s not the one.”
“No,” she said standing up, “No she has to be the one!”
“She is the one,” said an old weak voice. Helena whirled around, “VIKTOR!”
“Oh keep it down dear these one thousand year old bones, cant take it.” Viktor said laughing slightly.
“Oh Viktor!” Helena said, “I am so glad you are awake!”
“I am too, but you know you must find the human who is my descendant and kill them.” Viktor said leaning up, “But first why am in under wood?”
“We will tell you once you are fully awake, but continue and quick!” Helena said looking half scared.
“You must drain her blood and bring it to me, that way I can return to my full strength and rule my kingdom.” Viktor said laying his head down on the hay beneath the boards.
“Alright Viktor, have a nice sleep, and dream about you ruling.” Helena said brushing back his hair, and then Viktor closed his eyes and became motionless once again. Raymond smiled and patted Helena on her shoulder then the dark room disappeared and my room came before me.
I slipped off my bed and onto the floor.
“Katherine what was that?” my mom shouted.
“Oh nothing mom.” I said weakly trying to stand but fell down on the floor.
“Katherine what are you doing?” my mom shouted more loudly.
“Oh nothing I just fell off my bed, that’s all.” I said trying to make my lie sound true.
I grabbed my head, it was hurting and my whole body felt limp. The bite in the back of my neck gave a painful twinge, and then I tried to get up again. This time I was more successful but still I nearly fell over. I scrambled to my “diary” and wrote down exactly what I saw. The whole event seemed to be permanently burned into my head because I remembered every detail as if I had studied it. I then scrambled to my bed and laid down in it, I couldn’t believe what was going on. I didn’t know what was happening but I think I had some kind of vision or something, and Helena was a vampire? The whole thing seemed unreal, but I knew it was true. So I reached over to my table and grabbed my phone and called Josh.
“Hello?” Josh answered.
“Josh it’s me.” I said coughing a little.
“Kat are you okay?” he asked sounding a little scared.
“Yea, yea… well no.” I said breathing deeply.
“Well come out to your balcony so we can talk.” He said.
“No, there’s no way I could make it that far.” I said closing my eyes.
“Are you hurt? Where are you? What happened?” he said really fast.
“I think I am hurt, I am on my bed, and I don’t know yet.” I said closing my eyes even tighter.
“Okay I am coming right over.” He said hanging up the phone.
“NO JOSH DON’T-“ but it was to late he had already hung up.
All of a sudden I heard a loud crashing noise from the balcony and looked up, josh was scrambling down the spiral staircase.
“JOSH!” I said completely astounded as he jumped down the stairs.
“What’s the matter?” he asked looking up and down my body.
“I had a- I had a-a-a,”
“What did you have?!” he said loudly.
“I had a vision, I think…” I said looking down at the end of my bed.
“You had a what?” he said looking at me like he had never seen a human before.
“I don’t know!” I said looking at the ceiling.
“Well what did you see in your ‘vision’.” He said raising his eyebrows.
“Just read,” I said chucking my ‘diary’ at him.
He read aloud, “I love Joshua Stuart. I have written this down all over my ‘diary’. Because well it’s true!”
“NOT THAT!” I said grabbing it back the turning to the next page.
“Oh sorry…” he said turning lightly pink then his eyes flashed as he was reading it.
“You saw this,” he asked.
“Yea when I touched my bite mark.” I said, looking into his hazel eyes.
“Are you kidding me? Like am I being punk’d and Ashton Kutcher is going to pop out anytime.” He said looking around my room.
“No.” I said giggling, “But seriously I mean this is crazy, like this doesn’t just happen on a regular base.”
“I know,” he said looking down at my ‘dairy’.
“So what do we do?” I asked.
“Well first thing, we need to figure out who was the last girl Helena bit.” He said looking up at me.”
“Uh I think I can answer that,” I said looking down and twiddling my thumbs.
“Who?” he said and he softly grabbed my chin and brought it up to look in my eyes.
“Me.” I said. He let go for a second then cupped his hands around my cheeks and came closer; I closed my eyes and leaned into him.
Knock
“Katherine it’s time for dinner.” My mom said through my door and Josh let go of me and stood up.
“Funny how this keeps happening.” He said and walked up the stairs and headed for my balcony.
“Bye!” I shouted after him.
“Bye.” He said and disappeared.
I got up and could walk now, so I went and opened my door to find my mom still standing there.
“You couldn’t have waited only ten more seconds.” I said then passed her.

Hey guys I hope you like this chapter, sorry it took me a while I have been going in-between work and swimming it is absolutely CRAZY! So please rate and review! And tell your friends!
Sign up to rate and review this story