Categories > Original > Drama > Blood Sucking Babysitter

Chapter 5- One down, and a million to go.

by Mo_Was_Here 0 reviews

Katherine is fought over, but she doesnt know it. Yet.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-07-02 - Updated: 2008-07-02 - 1757 words - Complete

1Exciting
I hope you guys like this chapter! Please rate and review!
Joshua’s POV

Yesterday was absolutely insane. Kat and I almost kissed twice but everyone (Colin and Mrs. Cole) keeps interrupting! It is really annoying me and I really want to kiss her. I haven’t asked her out yet because I am not good at that kind of thing, but I want to. So I think I am going to invite her to come walk around down town Charleston with me on Saturday to show her around.
Knock
“Hey Josh can I borrow your toothpaste?” George said walking into my room.
“Your brushing your teeth?” I asked sarcastically.
“Yes, I am going to go ask Kat out.” He said grabbing my toothpaste.
“What?” I said getting out of my bed.
“I am going to ask Katherine Cole to go to the movies with me on Saturday.” He said slowly.
“You cant.” I said taking a step towards him.
“And why not?” he asked raising his eyebrows.
“Because your to old for her.” I said turning around and pretending to make my bed.
“Or because you like her and don’t want me to.” He said slowly slipping out of my door.
“Well you cant unless I get there first!” I shouted and opened my window. I climbed out on to the ledge and reached for the railing on Katherine’s balcony then jumped and landed on it. I looked down and saw George running across the lawn, so I quickly ran down her spiral staircase and looked over the ledge of her second floor. She was still sleeping in her bed, I quietly crept down the other staircase and walked towards her bed and sat down. I looked at her quietly sleeping and brushed back her hair; at that second Mrs. Cole walked in and shrieked at the sight of me.
“HOW DID YOU GET IN HERE?” she shouted.
“Uh… balcony.” I replied pointing at the ceiling.
“Vuts goin un?” Kat said yawning and opening her eyes.
“Oh uh nothing.” I said and Mrs. Cole left and George walked in.
“Josh?” George said looking at me like I was crazy.
“Oh hey George.” I said looking away from him.
“Why are you guys in my bedroom?” Kat asked raising her eyebrows.
“Can you give us a second, Josh?” George asked.
“Sure hold on, Kat do you want to go to down town Charleston with me on Saturday?” I asked looking hopefully at her.
“Yea sure Josh!” she said smiling, “now what did you want George?” she said looking at him.
“Oh um never mind.” He said and turned and walked out.
“What was that about?” she said asking me.
“Oh nothing.” I said beaming. Then we sat in silence.
“We are alone now.” She said sitting up a little higher.
“Yea.” I said smiling, and we both leaned closer.
Whoa, I never meant to brag
But, I got him where I want him now.
Whoa, it was never my intention to brag
To steal it all away from you now.
But god does it feel so good,
Cause I got him where I want him right now.
And if you could then you know you would.
Cause god it just feels so,
It just feels so good.

Her phone rang.
“Damn it,” she said and picking up her phone and looking at it.
“Who is it?” I asked.
“It’s my friend from Detroit, her name is Lauren.” She said, her eyes now swimming with anger and tears.
“Well you can answer it!” I said opening her phone and putting it up to her ear.
She sighed then said “Hey.”
I could hear her friend talking back,
“Hey! So how’s South Carolina? I heard they have killer weather.”
“It’s not so bad,” Kat said looking up at the ceiling.
“So I was talking to my rents’ and they might let me come down there and visit you!” Her friend Lauren said nearly shouting.
“Oh yea, cool.” Kat said sounding bored.
“Are you okay?” Lauren asked, “Did South Carolina like suck the fun out of you or what?”
“No, it’s okay here, I mean I just woke up I am a little tired.” She said playing with a hole in her bedspread.
“Did I call at a bad time?” Lauren said.
“Very bad time.” Kat said looking at me.
“OH! Sorry! I’ll call you back later then!” Lauren said.
“No it’s okay, uh is there anything else you wanted to tell me or ask?” she said.
“Um yea! How are the guys there I mean are they any good?” Lauren said.
Kat smiled and looked me in the eyes, “Yea most of them are.”
“Oooooo! You found a guy didn’t you!” Lauren shouted.
“I tell you about it later!” Kat said holding the phone away from her ear.
“Okay I’ll call you!” Lauren said.
“No, I will call you.” Kat said looking at me.
“Okay bye!” then they both hung up.
“Nice ring tone.” I said laughing.
“Ha ha, thanks. It’s Misery Business by Paramore.” She said.
“Well I better go so you can get dressed and have breakfast and stuff.” I said standing up.
“Okay, lets hangout later!” she added as I was heading up her staircase.
“Alright, and we need to start our ‘investigation’ on Helena.” I said.
“Are you going to spy with me?” She asked giggling.
“I would spy with you any day.” I said and walked out onto her balcony and jumped back across to my window then hopped inside.
I stared out my window for a moment, very happy that I had successfully asked Kat out. Then I turned around and saw George and Joey sitting on my bed.
“Holy fuck! What are you doing in my room?” I shouted at them.
“Well what are you doing stealing my girl?” George asked me looking furious.
“I didn’t steal her I just got there first, and I told you it wouldn’t work anyways.”
I said looking away from them.
“You little twerp, you knew he was going to ask her and yet you took that chance away from him.” Joey said standing up.
“Joey what are you doing here, this doesn’t even consider you!” I said still avoiding eye contact.
“I am here for my brother.” Joey said snarling.
“I am your brother!” I said turning around.
“Not my twin brother!” Joey shouted.
“Still she wasn’t interested in you anyways, I mean I did you a favor, you didn’t have to feel the pain of rejection.” I said looking at George.
“What are you talking about? She obviously only thinks your friends.” George said folding his arms.
“I doubt that considering we almost kissed, THREE TIMES.” I said adding extra emphasis on the THREE TIMES.
“Did not.” Joey said.
“Did too, you can even ask Colin he’s the one who walked in on us when we were only like a centimeter apart.” I said sitting down on my beanbag chair.
“We will.” Joey said taking a step towards me.
“You know what,” George said standing up, “Who needs her, there are plenty other girls.” And he walked out of the room.
“We’re watching you.” Joey said walking backwards out of my room.
“Okay.” I said then sat down on my bed and let out a sigh of relief.

Katherine’s POV

I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen smiling.
“What are you all happy about?” My mom asked while she flipped pancakes.
“Oh nothing, I mean it’s Friday!” I said sitting down at a stool.
“Okay,” my mom said, “So I was thinking how about we go visit your grandma tomorrow, I mean she would love to see you.”
“Oh sorry mom, I already made other plans.” I said not really feeling sorry, my grandma’s house smelled like fish and dead roses.
“Other plans?” she said raising her eyebrows.
“Yea Josh and I are going to walk around down town Charleston tomorrow.” I said trying not to look at her.
“Oh, well Josh is a cute kid, and he seems nice-“
“MOM!” I said.
“Well sorry, I mean he keeps popping up around the house so I thought you might like him.” She said putting a plate of blueberry pancakes down in front of me.
“Whatever mom.” I said filling my mouth with pancakes, “So where is dad I thought he has Fridays and weekends off?”
“Oh well, I guess he wanted to work today.” Mom said looking away.
“He said the shop is closed how can he work?” I said dropping my fork on my plate.
“Oh well then I guess he’s just out.” My mom said stabbing a pancake rather than flipping it.
“Did something happen and you don’t want to tell me?” I said.
“Well…” My mom started.
“What happened?” I said pushing my pancakes away.
“Your father and I got into a fight last night.” She said still poking at the pancakes.
“About?” I said.
“You, he wanted to send you to a military school here and he was hoping it would ‘straighten you out’. But I refused and said you were a kind girl and that you weren’t bad and that military school was unnecessary. But he said that this is his house and that he decides what happens inside of it. But I said that I pay for the majority of the house and that you would not be going to military school. Then he finished saying if you wont listen to me then I am leaving. And I said then be gone. And he walked out of the house and I haven’t seen him since.” She said turning away from me.
“So you and dad are getting a divorce?” I asked.
My mom turned around and she had tears in her eyes, “I cant live with him anymore! I don’t want him to be your father and my spouse! He is completely wrong for us and I want him to go!” she said looking horrified.
“It’s okay mom,” I said, “I don’t want him either.” Then I got out of the seat and hugged my mom; finally the worst of my problems was gone.

I hope you like this chapter! Sorry it is so short again work and swimming is driving me insane! I will write more though. Please rate and review! Tell your friends about my story!
Sign up to rate and review this story