Categories > Original > Drama > Blood Sucking Babysitter

Chapter 6- Too bad, so happy.

by Mo_Was_Here 0 reviews

Katherine's father pay's them a little visit, and Josh finally makes his move.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-07-03 - Updated: 2008-07-03 - 2675 words - Complete

1Exciting
Hey guys! I am going on vacation for three days and I will be back Monday, July 7th. There isn’t any way that I can get on the Internet where I am going so looks like this is the last chapter until I get back. I hope you like this chapter! Please rate and review!

Katherine’s POV- diary

Yesterday, my mom and me just had a spa day. We painted each other’s nails and had coffee and donuts delivered, we watched movies all day long and slept in my room.
Today my mom her lawyer and scheduled a ruling so we can decide who gets the house, car, and me. I don’t want to go to my father at all so I have a good feeling I am going to be staying with my mom. Since my mom pays for most of the house I think she’s going to get it and the car. My dad is a monster, and he wont get anything. My mom just walked into the room and told me that we are going to have to head for city hall next Saturday at three. I just hug her and think ‘Thank god that bastard is leaving.’
“So aren’t you going to go hangout with Joshua today?” she asks me.
“Yea, he’s coming over at noon then his brother is going to drive us down to Charleston.” I said.
“Sounds like a fun day.” She said picking up a magazine and opening it, “You know you could always walk to Charleston, it is only fifteen minutes away by car so it wont be much longer on foot. And that way Colin wont be there making it awkward.”
“Mom Colin is cool, and plus Colin is meeting his girlfriend down there so it’s not like he is just driving us down there because he wants to.” I said to her.
“Okay, you should go get ready.” She said flipping a page of her magazine.
“Why mom? Josh is coming over in like two hours.” I said shifting in my seat.
“Well you never know how long it may take you, when your trying to impress a boy.” She said looking up and smiling.
“Whatever mom.” I said and getting up then going to my room.
I went to my dresser and pulled out a pair of dark blue jeans and my red fall out boy t-shirt and pulled them on. I went to my bathroom and put on my makeup and straightened my hair. I brushed my teeth and washed my face then went into my closet and pulled out my black flip-flops and put them on. I went over to my mirror and looked at myself and played with my hair a little then headed downstairs and posed in front of my mom.
“So? How do I look?” I asked her turning in a circle.
“You look just fine honey, now you see that took you nearly an hour! What if Joshua came early and you weren’t ready?” she said still reading her magazine.
“Mom you know you can call ‘Joshua’ Josh right?” I said plopping down on the couch next to her.
“So when he comes you want me to call him Josh?” she said looking up from her magazine.
“Yea, that’s what everybody else calls him.” I said looking at her.
“Well what if I want to call him by his real name?” she asked me putting her magazine down on her lap.
“Please don’t mom!” I said folding my hands together.
“Okay I wont, if I remember.” She added in quietly.
“Mom!” And at that second my dad came in the house and slammed the door. My mom and I just stared at him, he was barely standing up and he had a beer in his hand.
“What are you doing here?” My mom said through gritted teeth.
“This is my house isn’t it?” he shouted at her.
“Not anymore! I called my lawyer and we are getting a divorce! By this time next Saturday this will be just MY home, MY car, and MY daughter. You wont have anything.” She spat at him.
“I don’t think so, you will be the one with nothing! I will have control and you will have nothing!” He shouted taking a long sip from his bottle.
“And you!” he pointed at me, “You little disgusting bitch, you’re going to be shut in jail so quick it’ll make your head spin!”
“I didn’t do anything!” I said moving closer to my mom.
“Oh yes you did!” he shouted, “You killed that man, the old poor man! You butchered him!”
“I did not! I didn’t!” I shouted tears coming to my eyes.
“YOU DID TO!” he shouted over me, “You killed him and your going to pay for it!”
“She already did,” My mom shouted, “She already paid for her wrong doing and she doesn’t have to pay anymore!”
“Well killing someone is evil in my book! The judge will never let you have her since you have such bad parenting skills, once I get you,” he said looking at me, “you will be in military school for the rest of your god damn life!”
I just looked at my mom and tears came spilling out of my eyes, I couldn’t stop crying no matter how hard I tried.
“You low life, evil, drunken, shallow, inconsiderate, selfish, bastard!” my mom shouted holding me in her arms, “You get your insensitive ass out of my house right now!”
“I will not leave, because this is still my house, and I control what goes on in it.” My dad said talking normal, then he threw his beer bottle down on the ground and it shattered. He just looked at it then started walking towards us,
“You get away from us.” My mom said uneasily.
“This house is out of control, and I will have order.” He said pulling my pocketknife out of his shirt.
“NO!” My mom shouted, “NO! GET AWAY FROM US! RICHARD YOU DON’T HAVE TO DO THIS! RICHARD NO, STOP!”
But it was too late, my dad had lifted the knife and plunged it into the sofa right were my mom’s shoulder had been seconds ago. My dad lifted the knife out of the sofa then looked at it and started to talk,
“Funny, I don’t see any blo-“ but he got cut off because about ten police officers came barging into our house and pointed there guns at my dad.
“DROP THE KNIFE!” A police officer shouted at my dad and he dropped it. “Grab the knife.” The police officer told one of his men to do and they ran over and got from my dad’s feet.
Then about four police officers came over and turned my dad around and put handcuffs around his wrists,
“You have the right to remain silent, anything you do or say, can and will be used against you in the court of law.” One of the police officers said and took my dad out of the house. I just looked at my mom questioningly and she shrugged then the police officer came over to us.
“Are you two alright?” he asked us.
“Yes, we are fine.” My mom said letting go of me.
“We are going to have to ask you some questions if you don’t mind.” The police officer said to us.
“Yes, yes we don’t mind.” My mom said shaking.
“Alright, how do you know that man?” he asked us.
“He’s my dad.” I said looking at my mom.
“Okay, and why did he want to hurt you?” he asked looking from my mom to me.
“He was drunk, we had gotten into a fight two nights ago and I filed for a divorce.” My mom said looking up at the police officer.
“Okay, and how did he come across that knife.” He asked.
“It was mine, we used to live in Detroit and I had it incase anyone tried to mug me or something.” I said looking at the whole in our sofa.
“Alright, that’s all we really need to know, if we need anything else we’ll call.” He said then started to walk towards our door. Then Josh walked in and saw my mom and me on the couch and walked over.
“Hey you guys are you alright?” he asked.
“Yea we are fine.” I said looking at him.
“I saw your dad coming in your house from my bedroom window, he looked furious, so I called the police.” Josh said looking from my mom to me.
“You called the police?” I asked completely shocked.
“Yea.” He answered looking down.
“That was very brave of you!” My mom said putting her hand down on his shoulder.
“Well it was nothing really.” He said smiling a bit.
“Nothing? He could have killed us! You saved our lives!” I said standing up.
“Oh well, okay then.” He said shrugging, “Well it is time to go, if you don’t want to come then I understand.”
“You can go,” My mom said answering my unasked question.
“Okay!” I said wiping my eyes, “Bye mom!” And I ran out of the door and onto the lawn.
“Thanks for calling the police,” I said.
“No problem I mean what are neighbors-“ but he couldn’t finish because I pulled him in and kissed him on the lips. He pulled me closer and we kissed for a while, then Colin honked the horn on his car and beckoned us into it.
“Hey Colin.” I said as I got into his car.
“Hey.” He said then started the car and we pulled out of their driveway and soon out of the neighborhood. We sat in the car for about twenty minutes when Colin parallel parked us in front of a little boutique called Missy Moos. We hopped out of the car and Colin told us to meet back here at six and he will take us home.
“So where do you want to go?” Josh asked me as Colin was walking away.
“I don’t know, you were the one who was supposed to be showing me around.” I said and we started to walk in the opposite way of Colin.
“Well… I will start where most people our age go during the summer.” He said and he grabbed my hand and we walked across the street.
We walked around the town for a bit and stopped in some t-shirt shops, and then when we were about to go to lunch we ran into one of Josh’s friends.
“JOSH! HEY JOSH WAIT UP!” We turned around and saw a short blonde girl running behind us. She was wearing a pink belly shirt and a jean mini skirt and a bunch of makeup on and pink dangly earrings.
“Hey Josh! I haven’t seen you in so long, how are you doing?” she asked completely ignoring me.
“Uh- I’m good, uh Sarah this is Katherine. She just moved in next door to me.” Josh said turning towards me and I smiled and waved to her.
“Oh hi.” She said chewing her gum and giving me and mean look, “Well anyways, I am having a party this Friday and it’s a theme party-“ she broke off as she searched in her purse then pulled out a pink piece of paper, “that’s the invitation, the theme is Prom. So dress up like you were going to a prom! And invite other people to because it’s going to be at a hotel, and if your planning on getting lucky, you can always get a room.” She said and winking at him, “Well I hope to see you at my party, bye!” and she ran off into a group of girls.
“How do you know her?” I asked as we turned and walked into a restaurant.
“Oh, she’s just a girl I go to school with.” He said as we were walking towards a table.
“She seemed like the really liked you.” I said as we sat down.
“Well, I am irresistible.” He said taking a menu.
I laughed then said, “You wish!”
We sat there and ordered our food; we talked about everything at lunch, from old relationships to schoolwork. It was nice having someone that you could talk to and they would talk back, instead of just sitting there in complete awkward silence. Josh was a great guy and I was happy I had him.
After we had finished lunch it was five o’clock and we went to the aquarium. The aquarium was really fun because I have always wanted to be a Marine Biologist, so we looked around and stopped in the room with the light up jellyfish.
“These jellyfish are so cool.” Josh said stepping closer to me.
“Yea,” I said, “We got to be careful in here, or we could get lost.”
Then he pulled my closer to him and he kissed me, I was completely shocked then became immune to it and closed my eyes and enjoyed that moment.
I don’t know how long we where in that room for, but when we left the aquarium it was 6:04 and we had to run back to the car. By the time we got there we were out of breath,
“Sorry-it-took-us-so-long.” Josh said grabbing his knees.
“It’s alright, I mean its not like you were a half hour late.” Colin said getting into his car.
“Yea.” I said getting into the car. On the way back to our houses we sat in silence, it was not an awkward silence because Colin had the music on, but I knew Josh and I were thinking the exact same thing; that the kiss was amazing.
When we got home Josh and I bed good-bye (again by kiss) then I walked into the house to find my mom sitting on the stairs.
“Oh hi mom, what are you doing?” I asked her.
“You’re late.” She said.
“I am?” I asked then looked at the clock, it was 6:30 and I told her I would be home at 6:00. “Mom I am sorry I didn’t know that it was that late, we really tried to get home quick!”
“Don’t let it happen again.” She said starring at me.
“Okay sorry,” I said then headed up to my room. When I got into my room I plopped down onto my bed then picked up my phone and called Lauren. It rang three times then she picked up,
“Yo.”
“Sup Lauren it’s Kat.” I said.
“Hey Katy! How you doing?” she asked.
“I’m good, I was just touring around Charleston. This place aint half bad.” I said lying down.
“Is it better then the big D?” she asked.
“Nah, Detroit will always rule.” I said looking up at my ceiling.
“So how’s that boy I asked youz about earlier?” she asked.
“He’s the hottest dude on the block!” I said into the phone and Lauren laughed.
“And did he make a move on you?” she asked me.
“Hell yes, today we made out in some tricked out aquarium.” I said sitting up.
“Hah. What’s his name?” she asked.
“Josh.” I replied.
“Nice name,” She said, “You gotta get a picture of him and send it to me so I can decide if he’s right for you.”
“Okay,” I said.
“Hey, Kat I gotta call you tomorrow, my ma is yellin’ at me ‘bout my phone bill so I’ll call ya later kay?” Lauren said.
“Okay, bye bitch.” I said.
“Later bitch.” She said then we both hung up.
I laid in my for a while thinking about Josh, then I slowly (and fully clothed) fell asleep.

I hope you guys like this chapter! Please rate and review! And tell your friends!
Sign up to rate and review this story