Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > this was no accident this was a therapeutic chain of events

I Won't Be The One To Leave This In Pieces

by kristinluvspete 3 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-07-11 - Updated: 2008-07-12 - 1140 words - Complete

0Unrated
Amy and I set up a bunch of appointments for me tomorrow. Hopefully I'll only need that one day to find my place. Amy and I retreated back to her apartment and she pestered me about calling Gabe.

"Okay, so you guys are just friends now and he invited you out. He said to call him when we were done today." Amy rationalized the situation for me. I really didn't want to call Gabe because seeing him was probably a bad idea.

"So getting drunk with my ex fiancee when I just broke up with his best friend sounds like a good idea to you?"

She frowned at me before picking up my phone and dialing Gabe's number. I fought to get the phone from her, but she handed it to me when he answered. I shot her the most evil look before speaking into the phone.

"Hey Gabe, it's Kiley."

"Hey, how did the apartment shopping go?"

"I have a bunch of appointments set up for tomorrow."

"Awesome. So what are you girls doing tonight?" He questioned.

"Um, we don't really have anything planned."

"Travi and I are heading up to Angels and Kings tonight and you guys should come."

Amy kept poking me til I answered. "Sounds great Gabe." I glared at her some more. She really was a horrible influence.

"Awesome. How about we meet you there around ten?" He said with some excitement in his tone.

"Okay, see you then." I said and hung up the phone. Amy was smiling at me. "I hate you, just so you know Aimes." I walked off towards the bathroom to take a look at myself. Fuck I needed a shower if I was going to spend the evening with my ex. It doesn't matter if you want to be with an ex or not, you still want to look drop dead gorgeous to let them know what they no longer have.

"What are you going to wear?" Amy asked as she walked into her bedroom and began rummaging through her clothes.

"Well, seeing as I was not expecting you to plot my demise, I didn't bring anything to wear 'out' to impress anyone." I walked into her room and began looking through her clothes. "Wow, I want to wear this," I replied and pulled out a really really cute tunic dress.

"That will look amazing on you!" Amy gushed and then pulled out something for herself. I changed into the dress and looked into the mirror. I did look pretty damn good, now just time to fix my hair and makeup.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Gabe and Travi were seated at a table when we arrived. I haven't been to Angels and Kings since opening night awhile back. Gabe's face seemed to light up when he saw us.

"Hey ladies," he said and hugged me. "Kiley you remember Travi," he said and motioned towards Travi. How could one forget him? Travis McCoy was a very memorable man.

"Of course I do." I smiled at Travi and he gave me a hug. "How've you been?"

"Good Frohman's sister." He teased me. That's exactly what he called me when he met me.

"Damn, I haven't been called that in awhile." I smiled. "This is my friend Amy. Amy this is Travi." I introduced them and we took our seats. The waitress arrived a moment later with two cosmos. Gabe remembered my drink, causing me to smile.

"I remembered." He stated, reading my mind. We all continued to talk for the next few hours and the drinks just kept coming. I was so glad that I was in New York City because I wouldn't have to worry about driving myself home drunk. The bar was closing soon and I needed to get up early, so Amy and I were calling it a night.

"We've got to get going, we have some appointments early." I said and we began to gather our purses. "How much do we owe on the tab?" I asked Gabe and he shook his head.

"We've got it Kiley, don't worry about it." He sipped on his current drink, downing it all.

"Thanks." I said and began to stand up.

"Do you ladies have to travel far?" Travi asked.

"It'll take us about twenty minutes to walk there." Amy replied.

"It's kinda late, I'd feel more comfortable if you girls let us walk you home." Travi said, concerned about our safety because we were pretty intoxicated.

"Awww, you are too sweet," Amy said drunkenly. Gabe signed for the tab and we all walked into the New York City night. I forgot how much I loved walking around the city at night. Everything here was always busy and I loved it! Amy and Travi walked ahead of Gabe and I. Amy had her arm linked with his and I think it was so she could lean on him for support.

"Are you excited about moving back?" Gabe asked me after a minute or two of silence as we walked side by side.

"I really am. This job is one I've dreamed of since I was little and I really missed the city. I love the chaos of it all." I saw Gabe smile at my statement.

"That's my reason for loving this city too. It's just so exciting." The wind was blowing a little bit and the air was ice cold, causing me to rub my arms. "You cold?" Gabe asked and I nodded. He then took off his hoodie and put it around my shoulders and wrapped his arm around my shoulder as well.

"Thanks," I said looking up at him. I always forget how tall he is until I have to look straight up at him.

"Your welcome," he said back and he kissed the top of my head.

When we finally reached Amy's place she was nearly asleep on Travi. He carried her upstairs and we laid her down in her bed. I walked the boys to the door.

"Thanks guys, have a good night." I said and hugged Travi.

"No problem Kiley, peace girl." He said and stepped outside the door. Gabe pulled me into a hug and kissed the top of my head.

"Goodnight Kiley. Give me a call before you leave?" He asked and I nodded before they left. Okay, so nothing happened, which was good. Gabe never even brought up his girlfriend though.

I stole a pillow and blanket from Amy's room and laid down on the couch to watch TV until I fell asleep. My phone beeped and I saw that I had a text message.

Pete: i miss you

I felt my heart ache literally. I missed him so much too.

Kiley: i miss you too

I waited for a response from Pete but I got nothing and eventually I fell asleep to the TV.
Sign up to rate and review this story