Categories > Original > Drama > Blood Sucking Babysitter

Chapter 11- The Ways We Truely Feel

by Mo_Was_Here 0 reviews

Hospital visits and the court hearing.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-07-23 - Updated: 2008-07-24 - 1966 words - Complete

1Exciting
Hey guys I hope you like this chapter! Please rate and review! Tell your friends!

Katherine’s POV

Today I woke up too a loud crashing noise. When I opened my eyes Lauren was picking up the metal trash bin in the corner.
“Lauren?” I asked.
“Kat!” She yelped loudly and smiled down on me. “Oh you stupid bitch! What else can you get into? Juvy, now this? Jeez! By the time you eighteen you’ll have done everything!”
“Psh, whatever.” I said sitting up a little and Lauren sat down on my bed.
“I have to admit this was probably the coolest way to get my parents to let me come down here to see you. I mean once I told them they flipped out man! They began packing as soon as I finished my sentence. I didn’t even get an answer yo! They just said ‘Get your clothes’ and we were gone. This place is off da hizzle though. I have seen like twenty hott guys since we got here. And this place is defiantly a sizzler.”
“You bet! It gets into the 100’s sometimes.” I said.
“Damn! This is defiantly not like Michigan.” She said looking around the room. As she inspected the room the whole Stuart family came in to visit me.
“Whoa,” Lauren whispered so only I could here, “With guys like those no wonder it gets into the 100’s.” I laughed at her comment.
“Hey,” Josh said airily and gave him a small wave and smile.
“Damn Katherine, you don’t know how to say no to trouble do you?” George asked and I laughed.
“I didn’t say yes to this, that’s for sure.” I said and everyone gave a small chuckle.
“I got you something,” Josh said and tied a bundle of balloons to my bedside and place a bunch of flowers on the table near the bathroom.
“Thank you!” I said. I was completely shocked.
“Katherine, this is Mr. Stuart my husband and their father.” Mrs. Stuart said and the man next to her smiled at me. He was skinny and tall but he had a good build.
“Nice to meet you Katherine. I have heard so many good things about you.” He said.
“I hope it’s so unfortunate I have to meet you this way though.” I said trying to be polite.
“Yes it is, I just hope we will be able to see you once you are full recovered.” He said.
“I imagine we will be able to, I mean we’re neighbors right?” I said and he chuckled.
“Of course.” He said and looked away.
“So how are you dear? Are you in a lot of pain?” Mrs. Stuart asked.
“Well I am not in a lot of pain, but it’s hard to move without feeling pain. Like it hurts where they made the incisions.” I said.
“Oh, well are you hungry dear? We could go get you some food.” She said looking to everyone but Josh.
“I am a bit hungry, but you don’t have to go if you don’t want to.” I said.
“Oh it’s alright dear, come along now.” She said and everyone made for the door but Josh.
“I think I will go too.” Lauren said and she followed them out of the room.
Josh and I just sat there for a while smiling at each other, I could tell he didn’t like seeing me like this. He just wasn’t as happy as he usually was when I saw him.
“So I am guessing you cant go to Sarah’s party?” Josh said sitting down on the bed beside me.
“What?” I asked confused.
“Remember when Sarah invited me to her prom party and said I could invite anyone I wanted to. The day we went to down town Charleston.” He said.
“Oh yea! Well no I don’t think I would be able to go to her party. They almost wouldn’t let me go to the custody hearing for my parents.” I said.
“Custody hearing?” He asked and I remembered I hadn’t told him yet.
“Oh yea, my parents are getting a divorce.” I said and looked down, I was going to have to move with my dad. Or else everyone I cared about would die.
“Who do you want to stay with?” He asked.
“My mom. But I have to go with my dad.” I said still looking down.
“Wha-What do you mean?” He asked and I didn’t want to have to look into his sad face.
“I have to go with my dad.” I said shaking.
“Well where do you think your dad is going to go?” He asked.
“Probably back to Detroit, he had a better job there.” I said. “I have to go with my dad.” I said more firmly.
“No, why?” He asked.
“Because,” I said and I could feel the tears come to my eyes.
Josh grabbed my chin and brought my face up to look at him.
“Why?” He asked again.
“Because!” I shouted and the tears leaked from my eyes.
“Why?!” He shouted back and I could see his eyes were swimming with tears too. I began to cry harder and he hugged me.
“I don’t want you to leave, and you don’t have to go with your dad. Testify against him.” Josh said quietly in my ear.
“I don’t want to leave either. But if I testify against him, something worse will happen then just being away from you.” I said back to him still crying.
“What could be worse then being away from you?” He asked. “Death?”
I just turned my head into his chest and we sat there.

Saturday came quicker then I ever thought it could. Lauren stayed with me the whole week and Josh came in ever once in a while. When they finally let me get up and go to the bathroom I passed out right in the nurse’s hands and I had to wait another two hours before going pee. The doctor lent me an electric wheelchair so it would be easy for me to get around with out moving too much.
My mom took me to the courthouse and the long ride there was silent with our depression. I didn’t want to live with my dad but I didn’t want my mother and boyfriend to die because I was being selfish.
When we arrived at the courthouse the whole Stuart family was already sitting in a pew. My grandma was there and so was my nana and papa (my mom’s parents).
I wheeled over to a long table in front of the judge and sat there while my mother and her lawyer talked in a whisper. My father came in but not in his jail outfit but a tuxedo. He looked really formal and there were no police officers following him around. I just stared questioningly at him, he finally noticed me starring then smiled and winked. The judge came in and said the things she supposed to say then court was in process.
I think I dozed off a couple of times during it because I don’t really remember that much, but when my mom’s lawyer called me to the stand I was as awake and alert as anybody could ever be.
I pressed the little forward button on my scooter and I went whooshed over to the stand. The court police helped me into the chair and I smiled at the judge and my mom’s lawyer.
“Now Katherine didn’t your father, Richard James Cole, attack you and your mother, Elizabeth Anne Cole, on Saturday, June 19th?” My mom’s lawyer Debby asked.
“Yes.” I replied.
“And do you think that was very responsible?” She asked.
“Uh… no I guess not.” I said.
“Do you want to live with such a man of irresponsibility?” She asked.
“Um… I don’t know…” I said looking down.
“Whom would you rather live with? Your loving mother or you irresponsible father?” She asked and I didn’t know what to say. If I said my mom I would defiantly die, but if I said my dad I think I could kill myself.
“I don’t know!” I blurted out. “ I cant live with my dad and I cant live with my mom! Neither! I don’t want to live with either of them!” My mom gasped and I looked at her, she had tears in her eyes and I felt some rush to mine.
“What are you saying dear?” She judge asked me. I looked at her, she was a stout woman with a pudgy face, and she looked deeply concerned.
I looked up and saw everyone starring right at me. I couldn’t hold it in anymore. All the pressure had built up on me and I felt that if I didn’t say something my head would explode. I burst into tears and the nurse who had followed us here came rushing towards me and bent down next to me.
“No, no, no.” I said and she clutched my head as it hung down. “I can’t go with my mom.” I said and I heard my mom sob.
“Why?!” Debby shouted angrily.
“Debby!” The judge said looking furiously at her.
“Because,” I began and everyone looked at me completely shocked and my dad shifted uneasily in his chair, “I will die.”
“Dear, why are you going to die? Or who is going to kill you?” The judge asked and Debby moved back towards my mother.
“Him.” I said and looked up at my father.
Everyone followed my gaze and starred at my father. He sat there the stood up and flipped the table over. HE reached into his side pocket then pulled out a gun and aimed it at Josh.
“I WARNED YOU!” He shouted.
“NO! DAD! PLEASE!” I shouted but he had already pulled the trigger. Time seemed to slow down at that point as I watched the bullet soar across the court room.
Time came back and I heard the thud of the bullet hitting skin. I heard a scream and people began moving. Two police officers tackled my father to the ground and people began to flee the building. I looked over and expected to see Mr. and Mrs. Stuart clutching Josh’s body but instead they were holding Colin’s. I pressed the forward button on my scooter and I made my way through the crowd. I got over to the Stuarts and saw the nurse was pressing down hard on a bloody spot in Colin’s shirt. He was gasping for air and Mrs. Stuart was bawling.
“Oh no. Colin I am so sorry.” I started but Josh came over and pressed the reverse button and I sped back down into the crowd. Then he pressed the forward button and left the court. Once outside I felt fresh tears coming.
“This is all my fault.” I said but Josh kissed me smack on the lips. I was shocked by what he had done but kissed him back. He let go then started to talk.
“I love Colin, I really do. He took that bullet for me, he knew it was coming and sacrificed his life for me. I don’t want Colin to die, and I don’t think he’s going to either. But incase he does, I wanted someone to know that I care about him.” Josh said and he looked away. Moments later we watched them carry Colin out into the ambulance and speed away towards the hospital, leaving us there to walk home.

Rate and review please! Tell your friends!
Sign up to rate and review this story