Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > this was no accident this was a therapeutic chain of events

Surprise!

by kristinluvspete 9 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-07-27 - Updated: 2008-07-27 - 1167 words - Complete

0Unrated
Pete and Patrick left early this morning, and I mean EARLY! I guess they couldn't get a better flight or something, I just vaguely remember Pete kissing me goodbye. Some way to end things, a foggy memory and a groggy goodbye kiss. Probably better this way, no tears at least in front of each other.

I let Lady out onto the balcony as I got into the shower. Today would be a busy day for me. I had to begin unpacking everything and Marie and Joe would soon be here to help. Knowing my brother, he'll probably just be a giant distraction or not really do much at all. Marie is really the one who will be a big help. Joe will just move heavy shit. I smiled to myself at this thought. I know I know, I'm lazy, leave me alone!

After getting ready, I walked into my living room and stared at the mess of boxes before me. Jesus I had too much shit. I don't even have a clue where to begin. Well, I will need to cook, so I guess the kitchen. I was putting dishes away in the kitchen and dropping all sorts of packing peanuts everywhere when there was a knock on the door. I looked at the clock, it's only noon, Marie and Joe's plane doesn't land til one.

"Gabe, what's up?" I leaned against my doorframe and peered up at him.

"Nothing, just thought I'd see how the unpacking is going." He smiled at me. I wonder if Bianca said anything to him about me being his ex. I know I'd say something to my boyfriend about his ex living in our building.

"Boring as hell, come in though." I turned and walked back towards the kitchen and the mess I was making. The Academy Is... was playing on my little stereo on the kitchen island.

"Gees, got enough shit?" He joked and leaned against the island as I continued to unpack the dishes.

"I know, right? Way too much shit. At least I have enough room for all of it."

"Yeah, these condos are pretty spacious." He said and watched me struggle with the top shelf. "Need some help shorty?"

"No asshole," I laughed. "That's what foot stools are for." I grabbed the foot stool I conviently bought yesterday and set it in front of the counter. Sadly I still had to climb onto my counter top to reach the shelf. Gabe stood behind me for good measure, you know, in case I fall. Or to look at my ass, not sure which one, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. "Woa," my socked foot slipped a little on the counter and Gabe helped me back down to the ground.

"See, I knew you needed me," he said smiling.

"Well in that case here," I lifted a box onto the counter. "Put all of these on that shelf," I pointed to a high shelf in the next cabinet. I knew he was meaning that sentence in a different context, but I wasn't about to approach that topic.

Marie and Joe walked into the place about two hours later and Gabe and I were arranging the living room furniture.

"Kiley!" Marie squealed and ran over to hug me. "This place is amazing!" She pulled me close to whisper in my ear. "Gabe huh?"

"We'll talk later," I whispered back.

______________________________________________________________________________________________


Ten full hours later we were all done. Joe was actually productive once Gabe left. His precious Bianca was flipping out probably, at least his tone while he talked to her on the phone gave that away.

"Let's all go out to AK-47 tonight!" Joe said. How could he possibly feel like going out after this full day of work we put in.

"Yes! Let's do it!" Marie chimed in. Great, I was being dragged out.

"Okay fine! But not all night. I want to rest tomorrow and not be hung over. I start on Monday at Cosmo." Tonight was Saturday night, so I guess going out would be at least fun. "I'll hop in the shower." I said and climbed off of the couch.

I got ready in record time! And I look pretty damn amazing if I say so myself. My hair is down, makeup on, heels on and a cute dress. Marie looks fabulous as well. Joe is well, Joe. Skinny jeans and a T-shirt. We hop in a cab and make our way there. It seems kind of dead for a Saturday night on the outside of Angels & Kings, but oh well, at least it will be low key.

"Damn it seems dead," Marie says as we climb out of the cab.

"I know, I was thinking the same thing myself." I said and we walked to the door. The guy carded us until he saw Joe and high fived him. I walked in and was shocked.

"SURPRISE!" The whole Decaydance/Fueled by Ramen clan and everyone I know was in this room. Joe hugged me from behind.

"What?" I asked in shock. Pete walked up to me and kissed me.

"Happy early Birthday Kiley," he said.

"Did you plan this?" I asked smiling.

"I did, but it was actually Gabe's idea." He took my hand and pulled me into the party. It was Gabe's idea? I looked around and I saw Gabe with Bianca. He smiled at me and then turned back to Bianca's yapping face. God Gabe is sweet!

I had a total blast and there was a cake and everything. They all sang Happy Birthday to me and I got tons a great presents, a lot of which will really help out with my new place. I got to the last one and it was from Pete.

"Oooo! What did you get me?" I asked smiling. It was a decent sized box.

"Well open it," he said with a big grin on his face.

That box had another wrapped box in it and the room laughed with me. Then the next box had another little box inside.

"Damn you Pete," I teased and opened that box, which also had another little box. I finally got to the end about two boxes later and it was a little velvet, square box. I could feel my heart pounding as I pulled it out of the box. I looked at Pete and he was just waiting for me to open it. I slowly pulled it open and the most beautiful ring was inside. I looked at Pete and he was down on one knee.

"Will you marry me Kiley?"

I was speechless, I totally didn't expect this. I glanced up at Gabe and he looked like he was about to crumble. Damnit, I'm back in this stupid fucking love triangle, only this time the other one is proposing. What do I say. I turned back to Pete and I gave him my answer. One heart was broken and another one was made whole again.
Sign up to rate and review this story