Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > But I can fix you!

Chapter 3: But you can't die in dreams. Can you?

by padfoot_001 2 reviews

The dreams were supposed to stop, but they're not. And what's worse, they're becoming real, they're becoming dangerous, they're becoming deadly.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Fantasy - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2008-08-05 - Updated: 2008-08-05 - 2250 words

1Exciting
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters, just the plot. And the craziness.

WARNINGS: Swearing, violence, insanity, self harm.

Chapter Three


Gerard moaned softly as he realised that he was lying on the cold, hard floor. Hoisting himself up onto his arms, he looked around and noticed he was standing amongst buses; tour buses. In fact, if he didn't know any better, he'd say he was on Warped Tour, it was the exact same environment; he knew it all to well.

What the hell am I doing on tour? I thought I was back at home?

Something was different though. It was quiet, too quiet.

His first though was that it was night time and everyone was asleep, but on Warped Tour, the fans and bands a like stayed up until all hours, drinking and partying. There was definitely something weird about this.

"I think the fog has finally lifted.”

That same voice assaulted his ears and he spun around to find himself face to face with - well, with himself.

"Oh great!" he exclaimed, backing away slightly.

I'm dreaming again.

"Yes you are. Strange though isn't it ... everything seems to be getting clearer."

The blonde haired Gerard waved an arm around as though to clearly show that everything was in fact much easier to see then it had been previously.

"Why are we here?" Gerard asked, feeling it was safe to look around again.

"Dunno. You tell me," the blonde answered in his usual drone. "Why were you on the ground?"

"Dunno. You tell me," Gerard shot back.

If his other-half, for lack of a better word, was going to keep playing these guessing games with him, then he could as well. Two could play at that game.

"We go well together," he said with a sneer.

Gerard didn't know how to respond. Of course they went well together, they were meant to be together, one person, not two separate confusing entities. But, at the same time, they didn't go well together, they were exactly the same and yet complete opposites, it didn't make any sense.

"Why are you still here?" Gerard questioned, the frustration rising again. He was home; he was safe, so why did his dreams have to follow him back here?

The blonde sighed loudly as though tired of the question and he began to walk away, inspecting each tour bus carefully as though trying to find the answers etched on them somewhere. Intrigued, Gerard followed cautiously.

"I'm still here Gee 'cause I haven't accomplished anything yet."

"What the hell are you talking about? You're a figment of my imagination, what could you possibly have to accomplish?"

"I told you before, I'm here to help."

"Help?" Gerard laughed loudly at the very idea. "So far all you've done is drive me insane and then last time ... last time, you attacked me! What was the deal with that?"

"You didn't give me much choice ... you're a pain in your own ass you know that Gee?" The blonde thought for a moment and then bent over into fits of laughter at his own words.

"Shut up! Stop that!" Gerard shouted angrily amongst the laughter. What he hated most was that it was him laughing, it was his laughter, yet how could he be laughing when he didn't feel like laughing? He hated this imposter!

"You know what you have to stop?" the blonde-haired Gerard questioned lazily as he stood up straight and inspected his nails.

"What's that?" Gerard asked, eyeing himself suspiciously.

"You really have to stop looking at him like that."

Gerard stared on in disbelief. This guy never made any sense and he hated it, he always spoke in riddles, they were never going to get anywhere with these conversations.

"Stop looking at who? Like what?" Gerard shot back, unable to keep the impatience from his voice.

The other Gerard rolled his eyes. "For crying out loud, wake-up to yourself Gerard! I am you ... I know what goes through that brain of yours, alright? You have to stop lying to yourself and just accept it!"

"I don't know what you're talking about!" Gerard shouted back. How could he cause himself so much frustration?

"I'm talking about that irresistible, dark-haired guitarist of yours Gerard. I'm pretty sure you know the one I mean." The blonde winked.

"Frank? What about him?" Gerard swallowed, but it seemed to catch in his throat, he didn't like where this was headed.

"If you keep staring at him like that, someone will notice and then the cat will be out of the bag and all hell will break loose," he exclaimed, waving his hands around dramatically. Gerard was very much reminded of one of The Black Parade's performances. This, other him, carried on just like he did when he was on the stage.

"He's my friend you fuck head ... that's all and -"

Gerard was interrupted by laughter. His laughter, the blonde Gerard was doubled over in laughter again.

"I already told you Gerard, I know every thought that passes through that twisted mind of yours. Maybe that's why I'm here, to succeed where you failed. Let's go to Frankie’s house, lets go there and we'll explain to him how you really feel. If you won’t, I will, I'm not afraid to show my true feelings. I'll never forget how good he felt pressed up against me on that stage; we just really go together, me and Frank. You've seen it; you've seen the way he moves, just imagine how good he would be to fu -"

"SHUT UP!" Gerard shouted angrily, not even realizing the words had escaped from his mouth. "Shut the fuck up! You don't know what you're talking about."

"Don't tell me to shut up!" The blonde's tactic seemed to change now and he was angry. No! He was furious.

He ran at Gerard, grabbing him by the throat and pinning him up against the side of one of the buses.

"Let - go - fuck," he panted, struggling to breathe under the death-grip the blonde had on him.

"Stop fucking staring! You'll get caught. You're so fucking careless!"

"Let ... go."

He couldn't breath, the grip wasn't getting any looser, he couldn't fight it any more. He couldn't even beg for his life, he couldn't speak.

"You're pathetic!" The blonde smirked, the grip didn't ease up.

Gerard was panicking now; darkness was threatening to take him. But shouldn't he have been waking up about now? You couldn't die in your dreams, surely not. What was happening?

He felt hands grab at him; he felt a pain on his arms again, just like last time. But, the other Gerard's hands were wrapped around his throat. So who was gripping his arms? So tightly ... so desperately...

"GERARD!" his name was being called. Desperately, panicking, someone needed him. But the blackness, the hands at his throat, he still couldn't breath. He was dying...

---------------

"GERARD! STOP IT! BREATH BABY PLEASE!"

He heard the voice and he obeyed. His eyes shot open and he rolled over onto his side, gasping for air through an aching wind pipe, his lungs savoring the sweat satisfaction of finally getting their life source pumping back through them again.

"Oh my god! Gee!" her voice broke into his confused brain and he recognized it.

"Lynz ... it's okay, I'm alright," he explained, coughing and inhaling so deeply he wasn't sure if that was true at all.

All he knew was that he was awake, it would be alright now, the blonde-haired nightmare couldn't get to him here, so long as he held onto her voice, he wouldn't slip away.

"Gee? You fucking scared the shit out of me," she breathed deeply as though she to had been holding her breath with him.

His breathing was becoming steadier now, his lungs were happy with their continuous supply of air. Feeling his way around the cold, tiled floor, he found Lindsey's leg and he felt his way up to her hips. There, he wrapped his arm around them and pulled himself in close. Just to feel something real.

She shuffled around a bit, clasping at him, making their hug far more comfortable, as she hugged him tightly muttering thanks to no one in particular that he was okay, Gerard looked around, taking in everything as his mind adjusted to the waking world.

The kitchen. That's where he was, on the cold, tiled floor of their kitchen. Did he sleep walk? In his dream he had woken up on the floor, perhaps he had collapsed, passed out, maybe even just fallen asleep from exhaustion and tumbled to the ground. He decided his best bet would be to ask.

"Lynz? What happened?" he asked, realizing how croaky his voice sounded, whether from sleep or being strangled, he wasn't sure.

But you weren't really strangled. It was just a dream.

She pulled away and inspected him sadly. One of her hands rose so that she could run it through his sweaty hair, pushing his fringe out of his face.

"I dunno. We went to bed and when I woke up, you weren't there. I went looking for you and you were just lying here on the floor chocking. When it got worse, I tried to wake you up but you wouldn't, you couldn't even breath ... Gee, I was so scared."

Wrapping her arms around his neck, she pulled him close again and held on tight. Gerard hugged her back, trying to think of a way to explain it to her. What was he going to say? She needed to know something!

"It's alright Lynz ... I just had a bad dream. I'm not sure what happened, but I'm awake now, it's alright."

He patted the back of her hair gently, twirling a strand of it between his fingers. She sniffed into his shoulder and then quickly pulled herself away again.

"Alright? Gee, you weren't breathing properly. What if it happens again? What if you wont wake-up next time?" she looked at him in fear and he really had no idea what to say.

She was right to be scared, he was. Never did he think that a dream could kill him, but perhaps this one would. It was clear she was worried, had he really been that bad? When he woke, he certainly found himself gasping for air, perhaps these dreams were something to be concerned about.

"Lynz, please. Its fine, I'm alright. It was just a bad dream baby, please stop worrying."

He didn't know what else to say. Truth was, he was scared, he was nervous; he didn't need her to be as well. She seemed to understand and she regained her composure slightly.

"Must have been some dream. What happened?" she looked at him with teary eyes, but none of them fell, she wiped them away and stared at him intently.

Everything rushed back to him, so vivid as though he had been actually truly living it. His first dream he had only heard the voice, then the shadow, then he had a body, the face, everything. Last night, he was on Warped Tour, there was no more fog, it seemed to be getting realer every time.

Then there was the conversation, what was this other Gerard's deal? He remembered him bringing up Frank and a boiling anger rose inside of him. The guy was messed up, what was he trying to prove? He didn't know him at all, he loved Lindsey and the whole Frank thing was just stupid, what were these dreams supposed to mean?

"Um, well I was on tour and this guy just came out of nowhere and started strangling me. I thought I was going to die and well - I woke up," he explained casually. It was important she understood it was just a dream.

After all, he had been right. You can't die in dreams; he had woken up just in time, just before it got to serious. There was no problem; it was just annoying that the dreams had to keep returning to him like that.

Lindsey studied him for a moment and then let out a heavy breath as she shook her head and smiled.

"I swear Gee, you scared me to death. Don't you ever do that again, alright?" she explained, taking his hand and helping him get to his feet.

Now that he was awake, he felt much better. His lungs were happy and his neck didn't feel strangled, seemed whatever was going on was mostly just in his head. Frank was probably right, the strain of being home, the change of environment, it was going to take a while to get used to.

"I don't suppose your near-death experience made you re-think your life enough to stop drinking so much coffee?" she questioned, raising an eyebrow cheekily.

"I'll get the cups and the coffee, just flick the switch on the jug," he exclaimed happily at the thought of coffee.

"Suppose not then," she giggled, flicking the switch and folding her arms across her chest.

----

AN: Hope the dream sequences aren't to confusing for you. I don't put them in itallics or anything because I don't want to give it away by you just glancing at it. You're supposed to feel how Gerard feels. Fucking confused.
LOL! Thanks to those that reviewed. To those that are reading but aren't reviewing, I hope you're enjoying to :) Next chap up ... well now actually, HA HA HA HA HA - balloons!!!!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story