Categories > Original > Drama > Blood Sucking Babysitter

Chapter 13- The Myth

by Mo_Was_Here 1 review

Josh reads Katherine a vampire myth.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-08-25 - Updated: 2008-08-26 - 2058 words - Complete

1Exciting
Hey guys I hope you like this chapter! Rate and review! Tell your friends!

Katherine’s POV

I couldn’t stop the goosebumps from coming as the hard cold lips pressed uncomfortably against my neck.
“Please let me go.” I said shaking violently.
“No, I will never let you go again.” He said, and I couldn’t help but smile.
I let go of the button and let my head fall backwards and it fell onto his hard chest and he started to pull me backwards towards the house.
“I heard about your brother.” A high girlie voice in front of us said sympathetically, “And I came over to see if you needed anything at all.”
“No we’re fine.” Josh said and I felt his eyes on me.
“Is she asleep?” Helena asked him.
“I’m not sure.” He said and I could tell he was lying.
“Oh, well will you tell her I came over and look forward to seeing her?” She asked and I could feel her eyes now, and I flicked mine open and stared at her in horror.
“Oh you’re awake.” She said sighing softly.
“Don’t come over to see me. At all.” I said eyes wide open, showing no expression at all.
“Oh… well then okay… if you wish…” She said looking disappointed.
“I wish you would leave.” I said and Josh nudged me in the back but I ignored it.
“Alright,” She said and she walked gracefully across the lawns and into her house.
Then all of a sudden before I could protest josh had lifted my scooter off the ground and placed it on his porch and wheeled me into his house and over into his living room, where he sat on a couch and faced me towards him.
“She did this to you.” He said a statement rather then a question.
I stared at him and tried to answer but the words never came to my lips, so my mouth just hung their open and awkward.
“I can’t believe this.” He said putting his head in his hands again. “How far are you willing to go with this vampire thing?”
“What are you talking about?” I asked him bewildered.
“Remember that one day you told me that you thought Helena was a vampire?” He asked.
I thought about it for a second then nodded and said, “Yes.”
“I didn’t believe you.” He said and my jaw dropped again.
“Who would?” He said defensively.
“Uh I hoped YOU WOULD!” I said loudly.
“Katherine, vampires? Be serious…” He said looking away from me, “And anyways if she was a vampire and bit you and my mom don’t you think you would be a vampire too?” He said.
“No unless we are in a vampire’s home we will not become one. But the third week into every month we will change, our fangs will grow and we will be stronger, faster, and more aware of our surroundings.” I said quoting Helena.
“How do you know that?” He asked.
“Helena told me, the day she kidnapped me and tried to kill me to awaken her stupid king.” I said grumpily.
“So much for not telling me,” Josh said laughing once.
“Oh,” I said, I had completely forgotten I wasn’t supposed to.
“So are you serious right now? Like I am not getting punk’d right?” He said looking around behind him and I laughed.
“No I am not lying.” I said, “But I do sound completely insane.” I noted.
“Yea you do,” He said staring at me.
“So why does she want you? Why cant she chose someone else… like George…” He said and I giggled.
“I think she said that I this Viktor guys descendant, and to wake him up from his coma or whatever he needs all the blood in my body.” I said, wow I did sound insane.
“Wait, Viktor?” He asked.
“Yes,” I said and looked up to meet his gaze.
“Like Viktor the invincible?” He asked.
“I don’t know.” I said and Josh stood up and grabbed a book off of the coffee table in the corner.
The Three Kings?” I asked reading the books cover.
“Yea, it’s a myth about three vampires who take turns ruling their vampire kingdom.” He paused and kneeled down next to me and showed me the book. “That’s Viktor the Wise,” He said pointing to a man on the far left of the picture with dark brown hair and deep red eyes, “That’s Marcus the Courageous,” he said pointing to the man in the middle who had blonde hair and a lighter pinkish red eyes, “and that’s Raymond the Invincible.” He finished by pointing to the far right man with light brown hair and deep purple eyes.
I reached out and touched the book, they all looked so familiar.
Josh opened the book to the first page that had the title written again but with little blood droplets across it, I counted three.
“I don’t know how that got there,” Josh said moving my hand to turn the page; I hadn’t realized that I had reached out to touch them, “this is my dad’s book.”
The beginning page had a picture of the three of them holding goblets out over a crowd who looked pleased, then Josh began to read the small words on the bottom of the page.
“Viktor, Raymond, and Marcus were the three greatest rulers over the entire vampire world, together they stopped harm from coming upon their coven and made peace with the lichens and everyone was pleased with them.
“As they got older they couldn’t do very much for their coven and waited for death to take them over, but for some reason it never came. The three great kings decided to visit the elder of the coven for guidance, and he met them with great pleasure.
“’I knew you would be coming.’ He said as they walked into his hut ‘And there is nothing I can do for you.’ The three kings asked the elder to take their lives so they could move on and be happy, but his reply wasn’t what they wanted. ‘I cannot take your lives, since you three have shown the three gifts you will live forever.’ He said ‘Viktor you are Wise, Marcus you are courageous, and Raymond you are Invincible. Without you three the lichen will take over the coven, your people will starve and the vampire race will become extinct. You need to live forever.’
The three kings looked at each other in disbelief then Raymond spoke, ‘We are no use to them if we are old and frail, we cant do anything!’ but the elder knew better. ‘You lead them, without your leadership we will all die.’
Marcus spoke next, ‘Is there a way that we could become our youthful selves again and stay that way? Forever leading them?’ he asked.
The elder became silent thinking about Marcus’s request. ‘I suppose it can be done. But you must think about it before you make your decision.’ He said.
‘And why must we think about it?’ Viktor asked.
‘Because only one can be alive while the other two are preserved for one thousand years.’ He said smiling at Viktor. ‘And during the one thousand years you must find the correct descendant to yourselves and drain their blood to reawaken the next king.’ He said.
‘I don’t understand.’ Marcus said and then the elder pulled a book out of thin air and gave it to them. ‘This should explain.’ He said and Raymond took it.
‘I think we should do it.’ Marcus said and Raymond nodded in agreement.
‘I don’t think it’s a very good choice.’ Viktor said.
‘Well what else do we have?’ Marcus asked.
‘I suppose we could just stay the same, instead of becoming young again.’ Viktor said.
‘But we will just be getting older and older, and soon we won’t be able to do anything.’ Marcus protested.
‘I don’t want to be eternally damned.’ He said.
‘We won’t be,’ Raymond said, ‘we will be healthy and happy, we have no other choice Viktor.’
Viktor took a moment to think the nodded and the elder clapped his hands and the were instantly young again,
‘How do you feel?’ The elder asked.
‘Great!’ Marcus said bouncing on his heels.
‘Now what about this finding the right person?’ Viktor asked the elder.
‘I knew you would ask, and I have already decided that I will make you someone to help you with your quest.’ He said and clapped his hands once more and a beautiful young girl appeared next to him with her eyes closed.
‘I have given her the gifts she needs and she should be enough.’ He said smiling at her.
‘And will she live forever?’ Raymond asked.
‘Yes she will.’ The elder said and the girl opened her eyes gracefully.
‘So who is the first to be put to sleep?’ Viktor asked.
‘I have chosen Raymond and Marcus to be put to sleep, Viktor. Do you mind?’ The elder asked.
‘No I do not.’ Viktor replied and the elder faced Raymond and Marcus and concentrated hard on them, then lifted his hands and clapped them once and they both fell back slowly into a deep sleep.
‘How am I going to awaken them?’ He asked.
‘Come and bring the descendant to me, and I will do it here.’ The elder said.
‘Okay, I will go inform
my people.’ He said.
When Viktor told everyone the remarkable news they were all overjoyed and happy, but Viktor was terrified of what lay ahead. But he had Helena and she brought the thoughts of hope into him.
And when Viktor was put to sleep for Raymond to be awakened, Viktor wasn’t worried for she was there to make everything alright.
The End.
Josh closed the book and looked at me and I was still glaring at the page.
“Good story?” He asked and I didn’t answer. “What?”
“This isn’t just a story,” I said, “Its real.
“What?” He asked.
“Of course! Raymond is awake now, and they are trying to use me to get Viktor awake but Raymond doesn’t want it because Viktor and Helena are to close to each other because Viktor loves her! Raymond doesn’t want Viktor to rule because Helena is too much of a distraction and she might get hurt, and Viktor would die for her! It all makes sense!” I shouted.
“No it doesn’t.” Josh said.
“Oh god Josh!” I said turning to him.
“Well no one can understand that!” He said defensively.
I groaned, “It’s a vampire kinda thing.” I said.
“Go figure.” He said and I laughed, “So what are you going to do?”
“I-I don’t know.” I said shocked at my own words, “I suppose I should stay with someone so she can’t come and kill me.
“You mean take you to her elder?” He asked.
“No. When she got mean she was doing the full blown operation in her attic.” I said and he stared at me in horror.
“Don’t worry; I didn’t swallow the disgusting shit.” I said defensively and he laughed.
“So do you want to stay here for the night?” He asked not looking at me.
“Do you want me to?” I asked.
“Yes,” He said to quickly and he blushed.
“I will then.” I said and he looked up at me and smiled.
“We can sleep in here, this couch is a futon.” He said and pulled to bottom and it turned it into a bed.
“Convenient.” I said and he laughed and helped me into the bed.
Once I was comfortable he lay next to me and I snuggled against his chest, listening to his heart beat.
“I don’t want you to ever go missing again.” He whispered into my ear.
I lifted my head up and kissed the corner of his jaw and said “I’ll try not too.”
I closed my eyes and hummed until sleep washed over me, and I fell into unconsciousness.

I hope you guys like this chapter! Rate and Review! Tell your friends!
Sign up to rate and review this story