Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Siren song

Cronus' shopping list

by emzigale_07 0 reviews

The hero's discover that Cronus' mysterious absence might not be a good thing.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-08-30 - Updated: 2008-08-31 - 2316 words

0Unrated
I would like to point out again that I do not own Class of the titans just my stories.
please rate and review let me know what you think I welcome constructive critisisum.
xxx


Chapter 3


It was now three weeks since the last confruntation with Cronus in the park, and the hero's where busy with everyday life. Theresa had gone to visit her Dad back in england and the others were reviseing for an exam their english teacher had been treataning would be comeing, it realy was sick how she seemed to enjoy seeing her class on edge.

Up on the roof with open copies of william Shakespears Romeo and Juliet the seven soon found that the conversation (as it always did) turned to Cronus.

"What do you think he's up to?" asked Archie shutting his text book he'd had enough of the Montagues and Capulets petty arguments.

"He's gotta be up to something he hasnt tried to kill us in three weeks." he concluded.

"Maybe he's given up" suggested Neil who was now on his back sun batheing.

"I don't think so." said Archie "he's up to something."

"OOOh careful Archie" teased Atlanta "Your starting to sound like Jay."

"Soon you'll be spending all day in your room thinking up ways to stop Cronus." Atlanta continued.

"Never sleeping." Joined in Odie.

"Never eating." piped up Herry takeing a bite out of his sandwich.

"Never doing anything, you'll be booooreing." finished Neil and they all started to laugh, even Jay because he knew they were only haveing fun.

Archie got up and chased Atlanta round the roof, laughing at their friends the heros thought how lucky they where to have such good friends.

Danny loved days like this, the sun was shineing the birds singing, all was right with the world. And here she was with her best friends messing around and haveing a laugh, it was a shame Theresa wasnt here.

Befor Theresa had gone to visit her dad she had asked Danny id she was going to visit her parents, Danny had said she wasnt, not this time. Danny didnt think she would know what to say to any of them anyway, especialy her grandma, not after what Chiron had told her.

Throwing himself on the ground Archie carried on.

"Seriously though, whats he up to."

"Archie your just being paranoid, what makes you think he's up to anything, maybe he's takeing a vacation." said Atlanta, sure her friend was reading too far into things.

Neil had an obsurd image of cronus in shorts and sun glasses holding an ice cream and laughed out loud, when he explaind to the others wh yhe laughed the other joined in too, it was pritty strange.

"Maybe Archies right, maybe cronus is plotting something." said Jay who had clearly been thinking about it.

"Not you too Jay." said Atlanta.

"Think about it, this is Cronus, he hasnt done anything in nearly a month, its strange." said Jay.

"Actuly Jay might have a point." said Odie takeing out his laptop.

Turning on the screan he brought up the news.

"Various ingredients have been going missing from specialist growing fersilitys across the country." said Odie as pictures of diffrent plants foods and liquids fashed up on the screan.

"Cronus is bakeing a cake, so what?" asked Atlanta.

"Im not sure its a cake Atlanta, I dont know what it is you make with all this, but if it is cronus it cant be good." said Odie.

"How come we have'nt heard about this?" Asked Jay.

"Its pritty small time thefts, the gods didnt think it was importants yet." replied Odie.

"Whats been taken?" asked Danny.

" Some realy rare and strange substances, i've tried googleing their names but they dont come up with anything, its like they don't exist." said Odie.

"Its like some weird anchent shopping list." Said Neil.

"Thats exactly what I think it is Neil." said Odie.

"Then whats Cronus cooking?" asked Herry , none of them knew the answer.

two days later Odie, Danny , Herry and Jay were sat in Odie's room talking when a soft alarm seemed to be going off.

"Odie, whats that noice." Asked Danny the first to hear it. They all stopped and listoned.

"Its my police scaner." said Odie as he ran to his computer and brought up the screan for his scaner.

"I thought it would be useful, since were looking for strange robberies so we can find Cronus." he said tipeing furiously." I instaled a serfisticated computer siving system to sort out the police calls we want and the ones we dont, in short, anything that sounds like Cronus and it'll let me know." He clicked on and they could hear the call.

"A reported robberie takeing place at One, Five, Seven maple street involveing several extreamly large men, the suspects are reported to be armed with blades so aproche with extream causion, over."

"Lets go." said Jay as they headed off to get the others.


Theresa now back from visiting her dad (It had been and uneventful vistit her dad working most of the time.) said.

"This is it?" and she had a point, One, five, seven Maple street was a worn down warehouse which was half way to falling down, in I serious state of disrepare the heros found it hard to belive that Cronus could want anything in this dump.

"Herry, Danny, Odie you take the back door, me Theresa and Atlanta will take the frount, Archie and Neil you cover the exits let no one in or out. The plan is to surround cronus and find whatever it is he's here for, lets go , silent running." said Jay, the other seven nodded at him and did as they were told.

Entering through the frount door Jay, Theresa and Atlanta scaned the room for Cronus their wepons at the ready, but they saw no sign of him not letting their gard down they carried on. The warehouse was as damp and ruined as the outside had suggested, the flickering light buld that hung from the celing flicked off. The room was now in near total darkness and the three Hero's had no idea where they were. Unable to see the pole in frount of her Theresa walked streight into it a great metalic ratteling boom ecohed through the room.

"Keep still." wispered Jay slightly annoyed.

Theresa not happy with Jays lack od sympathy to her pain rolled her eyes at Atlanta who simply smiled, the smile was soon wiped from her face when the light suddenly switched back on.

****
Opening the back door as quietly as they could Odie, Herry and Danny entered through the back as was Jay's plan. At the far side of the room they could see their three friends sneacking wepons at the ready when suddenly the lights went out, disorientated the three hero's tried to find each other, stood in a huddle they could just about see each other. A loud metalic ratteling boom ecohed through the room and Danny gestured for them to hide, just as soon as they were all safely behined what must have at one point been a wall the lights flicked back on, revealing not only their friends but Cronus as well.

"Weve got to help them." said Herry standing up and prepareing to run un head first into the fight. But Danny and Odie held him back.

"No" wispered Danny " We need to wait for the right moment, otherwise we'll do more harm than good."

Herry wasnt sure, he needed to help the others, but he trusted Danny as he wached her gazeing around the wall at the others he couldnt help but notice how her chocolat brown hair framed her face beautifuly or how her emerald green eyes seemed to light up the dark corner they where hidden in or how every time he was around her,even in a situation like this, he couldnt stop looking at her,but he would and he would wait until she said to go, turning to watch his freinds he just hoped her plan worked.

*****

"Well, well Jay, its been a while." Said Cronus. But the heros didnt answer they just stood their ready to fight, eyeing uo the three giants stood behined cronus.He followed their gaze.

"Oh you want to fight?" he asked lookeing at the three, he laughed clicked his fingers and said "Well be my guest."

*****

"Now." said Danny takeing out her staf.

"Now?" asked Herry cracking his knuckles.

"Now." repeated Danny and they ran forward.

*****

The three giants ran forward one for each hero, or so cronus had thought. Just as Jay, Theresa and Atlanta began to fight in ran Danny, Herry and Odie.

Herry ran and takled Cronus to the ground, Danny ran in and used her staf as a pole vault and kicked one giant in the back of the head, odie meanwhile ran towards a wooden crate in the corner, while they had been hidden he had been servaying the room and noticed the crate he was willing to bet any money that in that crate was what cronus wanted.

While the other four where fighting the giants Herry was takeing on cronus only to be kicked off of cronus when the god realised what Odie was doing. And with one slash of his scythes Odie was hit by a wave of red energy and sent flying across the room.

"Odie!" Yelled Herry, furious he tackled Cronus again.But this time Cronus had his scythes and was ready for Herry and cut Herry across the stomack as Herry crumpled on the floor clutching his stomack Cronus prepared for another shot at him. Watching this Danny saw it all happen in slow motion reacting fast she ran forward ditermined not to let him hurt Herry attempting to pole vault again she aimed a kick at cronus' face. But he was too fast for her, Cronus grabed the staf and flung her into the floor landing with a painful bang Danny found herself looking up at a laughing Cronus through a curtian of her brown hair.

The Hero's were loseing, bad. Theresa, Atlanta and Jay were just as beaten as Danny, Odie and Herry. Things got from bad to worse when two more giants entered carrieing Archie and Neil their huge hands over their mouths. Another one picked up the unconsious Odie and the first three grabed the exorsted Jay, Theresa and Atlanta. The giants formed a kind of circle around Cronus, Danny and Herry as the god of time began to talk.

"How very disapointing, I had expected more from you all." sniered Cronus. "Especialy since you needed to send for extra help." He indicated to Danny who was atempting to sit up.

"Very disapointing, now" he said as the crate from the far side of the room apeared infrount of him, he did not however open it, he didnt want the medaling brats to see what it contained " I've got what I came for, but since your here Danniel, i'll be takeing my chain."

He walked over to her and hoisted her of the ground by her shoulders.

"Give it to me." He hissed the request when they both knew it wasnt optional.

"put her down Cronus." Said Herry atempting to stand still clutching his bleeding stomack.

Droping Danny he turned his attention to Herry.

"Im not sure you should be stood up in your condition Herry." he said and with a wave of his hand Herry was knocked back to the floor.

Danny's cry of "Herry!" reminded Cronus of his purpose. He reached for the chain.

He stopped and stared at Dannys neck, the chain around her neck was glowing and admiting a faint light it was also shakeing violently, much more violently than could be caused by her heaveing chest (Through exorstion) all through this Danny watched and waited for Cronus' expression to change, he realised what was happening much too late to stop it.

all the could do was frustratedly shout "No!" as he watched the chain vanish. Snatching her up again he shouted.

"Where have you sent it? What kind of magic is this you little theif!?"

"Im no theif" she repiled " That necklace has been in my family for generations and thats where its going to stay."

Brakeing free of Cronus' grasp and useing the same methord as last time (legging him up) she got away from him. Useing this distraction to free them selves from the giants the heros rushed to Danny's aid she had gained their full respect for what she had just done.

Cronus realiseing things were not going his way prepared to leave. But not without setting his plan into motion, he would make her pay for keeping his chain from him.

"I suppose your proud Danniel." he shouted to danny who had just freed Odie from his giants and had brought him back round." Proud of what you are."

The others all looked from Danny to Cronus, confused. This was exactly what Cronus had been hopeing for.

"Oh you havent told them" He continued Danny played right into his hands by looking at the ground guiltyly." Oh I know what it is, your scared, scared they wont treat you the same when they find out what you are." Her crimson cheeks were as good as an answer.

"But then again how else would you expect them to react to one of your kind being a part of their team." With one glance round the room at all the hurt confused faces Cronus knew his work was done.

And he vanished takeing with him the crate and his giants but leaveing Danny the mess he had just created for her, as she looked up at the people she had considerd her friends and wondered why she always got droped in it.
Sign up to rate and review this story