Categories > Original > Drama > Blood Sucking Babysitter

Chapter 15- The Fight

by Mo_Was_Here 0 reviews

Katherine trys out her new 'powers'.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-09-22 - Updated: 2008-09-22 - 1975 words - Complete

1Exciting
Katherine’s POV

I was hunched over in a position ready to spring at them if they even tried to hurt me or Josh. Their lips curled back showing their gleaming white fangs, and I saw the thirst in their now almost black eyes. Josh stood just a few feet behind me and I knew if I moved more then an inch it would set them off and we both would be done for.
Joey let go a low snarl from the back of his throat, it was a warning signal and an indicator that he was about to kill us. George mimicked Joey but his was deeper and less thirsty. I answered them with a loud snarl that erupted from my stomach and made it up my throat and out of my mouth, it was loud and protective and Joey and George stiffened but leaned even lower and got ready to shoot themselves at me.
Then I felt my fangs grow out and I was instantly in pain like someone had shot me in the throat, I let out a low groan of pain and I heard Josh’s thoughts.
What is she doing? She is going to kill herself, I have to do something, I have to distract them, and she can’t get hurt. I can’t let them do that to her.Then Joey and George’s thoughts came flowing in right next to Josh’s.
She is doing well, if we take her into our coven she can do many wonders, but she will never be able to see us or Josh again. George thought.
I wish she would do something wrong so we can kill her, I am thirsty I want to end this. Joey thought and I shot him a disgraceful look.
He returned my expression and I ran to Josh as I heard Joey’s plan, and he lurched towards us. I felt the pain in my throat explode away from me and surround around me and Josh, then right as Joey was about to tackle me into the ground he hit an invisible force and bounced back and flew against the staircase and hit it with a loud crack.
I didn’t loosen my grip around Josh as Joey got up and George ran to help, I kept still and their thoughts came into my head more. They were all wondering what had happened and I was wondering the same myself. Joey stood up and shook his head and his eyes were back to the light brown I had seen before and I looked to George and he was calm again, so I let myself calm down and I felt the vampire side of me leaving.
“Never mention human blood,” George stuttered at the word, “In front of vampires.”
“You were talking about it early and you didn’t have a problem with it then.” I said.
“We were talking about yours, your blood smells disgusting, and half vampire half human blood is the most disgusting smell ever.” Joey said and wrinkled his nose.
“Well I am sorry I cause you a discomfort.” I said coldly.
“Hey! Calm down, he didn’t do anything to you.” George said.
“He was going to kill us!” Josh shouted.
“No I wasn’t, it was a test.” Joey said.
“Liar,” I said.
“What are you talking about?” George said.
“I heard you! Don’t pretend like you didn’t say it!” I said.
“We didn’t talk at all!” Joey said.
“Yes! Yes, you did! You said ‘I wish she would do something wrong so we can kill her, I am thirsty I want to end this.’ I heard you say it!” I shouted and Joey’s jaw fell open, “And you said ‘She is doing well, if we take her into our coven she can do many wonders, but she will never be able to see us or Josh again.’ I know you did!”
“We didn’t say those things though,” George said, “We thought them.”
“Oh…” I said.
“Have you been able to do that before?” Joey said.
“Uh no, but I did see what Helena was doing one time. When I touched my scar.” I said.
“Your scar? Are you Harry Potter now?” Joey asked.
“No, just the scar from when Helena bit me, right here.” I said and lifted up my hair and showed them the bite mark.
“Well that’s odd.” George murmured.
“What?” I asked.
“Well Helena does have other senses. She can hear peoples thoughts, she can repel, she can control the weather, she can move things without touching them, she can also control peoples emotions, she can disarm people, she can cut of all there senses, and rumor has it that she can set people on fire, but that goes with controlling the four elements of earth.” George said.
“Where are you going with this?” Josh asked.
“Well I think that maybe when she bit you, since you are the Giver that she could have given you some of her senses.” George said.
“Like hearing thoughts and repelling.” Joey said.
“But she might have given you more…” George said.
“Oh,” I said.
“Do you want to try?” George asked.
“Well I think it’s just when my vampire side is taking over.” I said.
“Why do you say that?” Josh asked.
“Because I can’t hear thoughts right now.” I said.
“Well you turned into a vampire when you sensed the danger we were showing so maybe…” Joey said.
“No!” I shouted and I felt my pulse pick up a little bit.
“We need to try.” George said and his eyes flickered to a dark pink.
I felt the same snarl coming but when it reached my lips I let it out as a roar and Joey smiled. I decided to see what I could do so I looked over at the dresser and stared at the vase and it instantly lifted itself off the dresser and flew across the room and hit Joey square in the head. He didn’t show any sign of pain so I started reading his thoughts,
Come on Kat, let yourself lose.
I did exactly what he told me and let all the pain I felt in the last month down on him and then he fell to his knees and started shaking, I watched him as the pain filled his whole body and he felt both the terrible emotional and physical pain I had been going through. I made him feel absolutely horrible I made him want to die the pain was so much, and then I noticed he couldn’t take it anymore and he curled into a ball on the floor writhing in agony. So I let him feel happiness and he moved to sit up.
Then I looked at George who looked impressed and moved Joey over to the top of the stairs then came down to take his turn. I let the world know what he was in for and we heard the sky erupt in a loud thunder crack and we saw a flash of lightening, then I let an earthquake go as it shook the house and things started falling off of dressers and I heard a shatter of plates, but we both stood completely still.
Then I stopped everything, and I got mad he wasn’t harmed or even a bit shaken, so I cut off his senses and his eyes went into a daze and he started sway. He put his hands out in front of him as if he were trying to find something while being blind. He tried to walk but fell over as if the bones in his legs were broken, then crawled around on the ground. Just then Joey stood up to go help him but I wasn’t finished and a big chunk of rock from the back yard flew through the back window and hit Joey in the back crumpling him under it.
Then I felt no sense of danger and my human side took over, and George stopped crawling on the ground. He looked over at the boulder and then it broke in half and Joey crawled out from under it.
“That was amazing.” George said breathless.
“I don’t want to do that again.” I said.
“But you did great!” Joey said.
“I was hurting you though.” I said.
“Yea you did but next time it can be against Helena and you can kick her ass!” Joey shouted.
“But I don’t want to be a vampire.” I said.
“I thought you did want to be one.” George said.
“Not if I can’t see Josh again.” I said and then I remembered he was behind me and whirled around to find him sitting on the couch frozen in shock.
I ran over to him and sat down, he inched away in fear.
“Oh no, Josh I am so sorry.” I mumbled and he kept moving away from me.
“Josh, stop being a drama freak ok? We told her to do that, it didn’t even hurt.” George said.
“Except for that last boulder.” Joey said cracking his back.
“Sorry…” I murmured and looked at Josh he was still frozen and looked like he wanted to run away for ever and never come back.
“Josh…?” I said and he turned to look at me.
“Yes,” He replied.
“Are you okay?” I asked.
“Was that you?” He asked.
I didn’t know what to say that, when I was a vampire I didn’t feel like myself, I wasn’t myself either, I was a monster.
“Don’t ever do that again.” He said.
“Ok, I won’t, I promise.” I said.
“Good.” He said then leaned back over towards me and gave me a hug.
I was relieved he had forgiven me and closed my eyes and squeezed him a little, which was clearly a mistake because he let go immediately and moved away from me.
“I’m not going to hurt you.” I whimpered.
“You might.” He said.
“I would never hurt you; I would feel so bad if I did.” I said, “I thought you could trust me.”
“I can trust you Katherine, but I am a little shaky after what I just saw.” He said.
“Oh, well I promised I wouldn’t do that to you or anyone else, I guess if you don’t want to be with me anymore you don’t have to, I can always find someone else.” I said standing up but stumbling slight because of my cast.
“Kat that’s not what I meant, just give me a little time and I’ll get over it.” Josh said sternly.
“Well how much time do you need?” I asked loudly.
“I don’t know…” Josh said looking down.
“Well obviously we don’t have a lot of fucking time around here!” I yelled.
“Calm down Katherine.” George warned.
“No! I am not going to fucking calm down!” I screamed.
“Katherine-“Joey said.
“What?! What do you people want?!” I growled and felt the rush of venom pumping wildly through my veins.
“We want you to calm down Katherine,” George said taking one of my arms.
“Get your hands off of me!” I yelled and jerked away from him.
“Katherine we don’t want you to lose control, your vampire side might take over, and you could kill us all in just seconds.” George said.
“Well then I am going to leave before I hurt any of you,” I said still yelling, “And maybe you can get over yourself!” I said to Josh and he turned pale.
“Just leave.” Josh mumbled.
“Trust me, I will!” I shouted and stormed out of the door into the cool night.

Rate and Review, please.
Sign up to rate and review this story