Categories > Original > Drama > Blood Sucking Babysitter

Chapter 16- Sorry But I Am Going To Have To Deny Your Offer

by Mo_Was_Here 0 reviews

Katherine 'has' to go into hiding now?

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-10-11 - Updated: 2008-10-12 - 913 words - Complete

1Exciting
Katherine’s POV

I walked towards my house quicker then I ever have before, I reached the steps and carefully walked up them trying not to fall over my cast and opened the door into my dark house. I walked in and slammed the door shut then looked around; it was the same as before, nothing had changed.
I gracefully walked into the kitchen and went to the knife drawer and pulled out the sharpest of my mom’s cutting knives and pressed it against the top of my cast and started sawing away. Before I knew it I had cut through the cast and the knife plunged into my skin and I pulled it straight out and let out a groan. I looked down at the cut and decided it wasn’t deep enough for stitches so I grabbed some paper towel and folded it over and used medical tape to tape it down, then started cutting away my cast.
After a half hour (and three new cuts on my leg) my cast broke away and I threw it off onto the ground. I examined my leg and brought it up to my chest then back down to ground without any pain, so I stood up then walked around the house for a while and then came back to the kitchen to clean up my mess.
I grabbed my cast and took it outside and dumped it in the trash and walked back to the house, but someone grabbed the back of my shirt and whirled me against the tree by my mailbox that made a loud cracking noise and splinters of wood fell from the tree as I slid down from it.
“Ha ha.” Said a voice as I stumbled to get back up, “Not much of a threat when you’re not in a vamps house are ya?”
“Who are you?” I asked looking at the figure hidden in darkness.
“The name’s Mackena, my friends call me Sacagawea though.” She said the darkness still concealing her.
“If you don’t mind me asking, why did they give you a nickname of the most famous Indian woman who led two men across America?” I asked.
“Because I am an Indian and I am the leader of my pack.” She said.
“Oh uh okay? And you are a vampire?” I asked.
“Ha,” She scoffed, “Hardly, I am quite the opposite really.”
“What are you then?” I asked.
“You don’t know?” She asked.
“Um no.” I said feeling completely stupid.
“I am a lichen, or what mortals call a werewolf.” She said.
“Uh oh.” I said and took a step back.
“But I am not here to hurt you, we need your help, we don’t want Viktor to come to life so we’re going to hide you.” She said.
“Hide me?” I asked, “Why? I thought you would want to kill me.”
“Because my pack and I don’t believe in killing humans.” She said.
“What about vampires?” I asked.
“That’s instinct, you can’t fight instinct.” She said.
“Well Helena lives in the house right there, and a couple more vampires live in that house.” I said and pointed at the houses.”
“Yeah I know it’s hard to resist.” She said and shuddered, “So are you ready?”
“For what?” I asked.
“To go, into hiding.” She said.
“What? No!” I shouted.
“Would you be quiet? They can’t know I am here! Do you want to start a historic debacle?” She whispered.
“Oh sorry, no I guess not.” I whispered back.
“Well then get your things lets go.” She said and started walking towards my house.
“But I don’t want to go!” I protested.
“Quiet!” She hissed.
“Sorry,” I whispered. “But I really don’t want to leave.”
“To bad! You have to, it’s either this or death in the most painful way possible.” She whispered fiercely.
“Can I take people with me?” I asked.
“No, absolutely not.” She said.
“Okay then, what are we going to tell people about my strange disappearance?” I asked.
“I’m not telling them anything.” She said standing up straight.
“Well what happens when I come back after all this, I can’t just be like ‘Hey guys I’m back did ya miss me?’ I don’t think that’s going to work.” I said.
“Well not exactly, you won’t be coming back.” She said.
“What?!” I shouted.
“Quiet!” She whispered.
“No! I won’t go with you! I don’t want to!” I shouted.
“You have to, to save yourself!” She said.
“No! The only reason you want me is to save yourself to save yourself!” I shouted.
“Come on Katherine, have some common sense. This will be the best for you.” She said.
“Well you know what, I think I already had an offer to go into hiding with someone else, so thanks but I’ll pass.” I said and started walking across the lawn.
“Who?” She asked.
“I don’t believe that’s any of your concern.” I said coldly and kept my pace.
“But, sadly, it is.” She said.
“My boyfriends family.” I said and I walked up my porch and opened my front porch.
“This isn’t over, you will come with us whether you like it or not.” She shouted to me.
“Sh! You don’t want to start a ‘historic debacle’.” I said mocking Mackena and slammed the door.
Sign up to rate and review this story