Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Chaos Reigns but Love Still Fights

New Arrivals, Jealousy and 4 in the Morning

by wishing_on_a_rainbow 0 reviews

Basically, Jacinta introduces Mitch... Archie is jealous and something happens at four in the morning.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-10-17 - Updated: 2008-10-17 - 1254 words - Complete

0Unrated
By the time Jacinta had walked home it was dark. The security issue that had caused the school to shut was just a false alarm, caused by some “idiot teenage mortals” as Athena had referred to them. Jacinta smiled at the memory of Athena’s face when she found out that she’d been woken up early because of a couple of idiotic guys from school. 'How did Archie beat me?' Jacinta wondered as she walked home. 'I'm meant to be the tough one that beats the gods! I'm supposed to be the one that everyone looks up to! It's not FAIR! Archie can't take that away from me. No matter how much I like him, he has to be punished for ruining my reputation...' Suddenly, she was standing outside the Brownstone. As she hobbled through the door, into the living room all she could hear was “Archie, give the remote back!” and “NO! I got it fair and square!” She, to help Lanta, zapped Archie. (When you dig your fingers into someone’s side making them yelp and drop whatever they’re holding.) “AYYYIIIE!” he yelped, dropping the remote which Atlanta picked up, changing the channel. “Hmph, thanks for that!” Archie said sarcastically, hugging Jacinta, digging his hands into her bruised side. “OW! That still hurts from earlier!” She cried out, pulling away. “Awwwww... poor didums. Did big bad Archie hurt you?” he asked, mockingly. Jacinta didn’t bother with snappy retorts, she just wacked him in the stomach (winding him) and walked into the kitchen looking for something to eat.
() Later
“DING DONG!” The doorbell rang. Odie looked up at the clock and, seeing that it was ten-thirty, sighed. ‘Who would be calling at this time?’ he wondered as he yawned.
**********
“Jacinta, there’s someone at the door for you called Mitch.” Odie said, yawning as he walked into the kitchen. Jacinta, who was in the middle of a conversation with Archie, looked excited, her eyes wide. She ran to the front door and squealed. Archie normally would have been worried but, knew Jacinta well enough to be able to tell that her squeal was one of happiness.
‘What does it mean when you can tell what type of scream or squeal? I know Jacinta so well but it’s like, I hardly know anything, she’s such an interesting person. I really like her... I just wish I had the courage to tell her. Urgh, why does it have to be so hard to ask someone out?! I wonder who this Mitch guy is... hmmm... I’m gonna have to find out.’
“Hey Arch... This is Mitch.” Jacinta tapped his shoulder and introduced the tall boy next to her. He had short blonde hair and was taller than Jacinta by about a head. His eyes were blue and he was of nerdy build. Not particularly muscular but not too lean either.
*************
“How did you find me?” Jacinta was curious as to how he had found her with absolutely no leads.
“Ares.” He stated simply.
They were sitting in the lounge room with six of the seven heroes-Archie was in his room sulking about nothing. “Thud!” Archie had slipped down the stairs as he was walking into the kitchen to get a drink. He sat down on the lounge, still sulking and listened to everyone’s conversation about where Mitch came from and how he knew Jacinta.
“We’ve known each other since I can remember. We took karate lessons together and were best friends, until we lost contact when her foster parents died and she moved here.”
“How do you know Ares?” Jay wondered aloud.
“Well, through Eris” Jacinta answered for Mitch, “Since she’s my mother, Ares is my uncle and Mitch and I have known each other since we were four. I grew up with Eris until I was ten and only Mitch knew who she was. It was then that I started to cause chaos that she realized that she had to protect me from Cronus. If he got a hold of me then he could cause chaos and destroy the world. Sure, my mother likes a bit of discord but if the world is destroyed, then so is humanity so she’s got no-one to prey upon. Anyway, she fostered me out to a really nice couple. I had my rings but they thought that they were too pretty and I might loose them. A rock slide happened while they were driving. My entire foster family and several other people were killed. I then got another family, with a mum, dad and a little brother. Mitch is the reason they took me in. They also thought that the rings were too precious for me to be wearing all the time. My foster parents divorced and my mother was killed in a hold-up at a bank. Dad went on the grog and drunk and drove. He was killed in an accident. Eris found me again and begged Ares to help me so he picked me up and I ended up here.” She finished. Mitch started talking again, “I wanted to find you so I called Hermes and got him to ask Ares for me. He told me and I came to visit. You left some stuff by the way,” motioning to the bags by the door. He walked over and pulled out an electric guitar with an amp and a distortion pedal plus four scimitars and five throwing stars. “YAY! I thought I lost these forever!” Jacinta cried looking supremely happy. “I gotta go but I’ll see you guys at school because I’m enrolling for the end of this year and next year. I’m 15,” he said, walking out the door.
**********
The next morning:
Jacinta, Atlanta and Theresa were downstairs, chatting away happily. They were completely awake yet it was three-thirty. Jacinta was explaining a bit about Mitch’s personality to Theresa who was contemplating asking him out. She liked Jay, a lot, but needed to go out with someone who would make her feel special and since Jay wasn’t going to ask her out anytime soon, she could settle for Mitch. “He’s really nerdy and can be a bit weird sometimes but he’s really sweet. He’s huggable too, just like Herry. And- SHIT! Is that the time?” Jacinta said as she looked up at the clock. “What does it matter? Have you got somewhere to be tomorrow- I mean today?” Atlanta asked curiously. “No, but its payback time for dislocating my shoulder,” Jacinta grinned evilly, standing up and stretching. She was glad that it was Firday morning and a pupil-free day or she’d be so tired at school after a night of talking and giggling with the girls.
()
“ARCHIE!” she yelled, yanking the blanket off him. “Go away!” he said, burying his head in his pillow. Jacinta just pulled him out of his bed by his good ankle. “Wakey wakey!” she said, grinning. “Get dressed so we can go for a run!” she laughed, throwing some clothes at him. He stood up groggily, realizing that all he had on was his boxers. He started to blush until he saw his alarm clock. “Four? In the morning? For a run? On a holiday?”
“Yes, I said I’d get you back, didn’t I?” she sounded possessed... either that or royally pissed off.
“Awwwww man! This sucks!” Then after he got dressed, walked out the door, still half asleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story