Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Deadlines

Confusion and Misunderstandings

by neve 7 reviews

Everything was just going too well and in Jill's world it would never last.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres:  - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-10-19 - Updated: 2008-10-19 - 2755 words - Complete

5Exciting
Chapter Twenty Six - Confusion and Misunderstandings


Jill walked down the corridor to her room carrying her still damp clothes that had been discarded to the floor last night. She could feel herself blush slightly as she recalled the exact circumstances that caused them to be there. Her mind remembered the way he had touched her and the almost electric feeling that had surged through her. She stifled a laugh as she stood in front of her door and rifled around her wet jean pocket for her keycard. The door gently swung open and on checking the time on the bedside clock she quickly began to gather her stuff together. Jill only had an hour before she had to leave for her train and she still wanted to be able to say goodbye to everyone.

Bob had looked so peaceful when she had once again awoken in his arms, she hadn't wanted to wake him as he slept with the sweetest smile on his face. Jill had softly whispered his name in the hope of awakening him but she quickly realised that would never happen. She had picked up her disguarded clothes from the floor and changed into the dry ones that she had brought with her, all the while keeping her eyes on the sleeping boy as she silently hoped he would wake up. Jill knelt down beside him and gently brushed his floppy hair away from his face, she kissed him lightly and sighed as she stood back up.

Jill thought's were quickly distracted as she heard a knock on her door, she smiled hoping it would be him as she quickly finished her packing and moved to open the door.

"Wow someone looks happy to see me," Frank said as he noticed the huge smile on Jill's face.

"Hey Frank," Jill replied as he walked into her room and instantly lay down on the bed.

Jill just stood watching him, amazed that he just seemed so at ease in her company and she couldn't help but smile at him.

"Well did you have a nice night?" Frank said cheekily, "You must have because this bed doesn't look like it's been slept in."

Jill felt her face redden, "Frank,"

"Jill?"

Jill rubbed her forehead, he was so difficult to lie to and she felt herself trying to think of something to cover her tracks, "Em, did you manage to get that necklace for Jamia?"

Frank just grinned knowing she was changing the subject, "I did,"

"Well I have to be going soon," Jill said checking her watch,"I need to catch my train."

"Aww don't go, it's been fun." Frank replied springing back on to his feet, "Plus you've got to say bye to all of us before you do.

"Sure I'll say bye," Jill laughed, "This has been a seriously crazy week."

"Did you enjoy it though?" Frank asked.

Jill stood for a moment and then looked at him, "Loved it."

Frank laughed, "It's addictive you know,"

"I can see that." Jill replied as she checked the bathroom to make sure she had everything.

"Are you coming up to our rooms?" Frank asked as he picked up rucksack and threw it round his back, "Jesus, what have got in here?"

Jill just laughed as she watched him pretend to be weighed down. She was going to really miss him, spending time with Frank had been one bonus of this weird week. Jill foolowed him towards the lift and she watched as he pressed the button to take them to his floor. The very floor that she had left just a short time ago and she felt her stomach tie in nervous knots.


x------x

Bob slowly opened his eyes and stretched out, his arms reached out for her but there was no-one there. He rolled over on to his side and saw the empty space. Pushing himself on to his elbows he glanced around his room and to his dismay it was silent. Jill had gone and he instantly felt his chest ache, maybe he had been foolish to think that he had mean't something to her but she had seemed so genuine. He fell back into his bed and slapped his hands on the mattress. Perhaps Gerard had a point when he was paranoid about everyones motives.


x------x


"Jill I'll need to give you my e-mail so you can keep in touch and let me know about any new music you pick up on your travels," Frank said, "and vice versa of course."

"That would be great," Jill replied, "I should have something in this bag,"

Jill opened the small bag she was carrying and pulled out her pad as Frank relayed his e-mail to her. She gave him her details and he folded the paper up and stuck it in his back pocket. The doors to the lift opened and Jill was suprised to see the room doors open and people walking back and forth.

"It's madness here Jill when we're all getting ready to catch a flight, it's much better than it used to be though." Frank said as they both moved aside to let people pass with bags.

"JILL, "

Jill looked round to see Mikey standing at his door pulling out the earphones from his Ipod.

"Is this you finally escaping from us then?" he asked half grinning at her.

"Yep but believe it or not I will miss this madness." Jill replied moving towards him.

"It's been nice meeting you," Mikey said as he hugged her much to Jill's surprise.

"You too, and take care of yourself," Jill said unable to hide the worry she felt for him.

Mikey grinned once more, "I will, I promise."

Jill looked round for Frank but he seemed to have disappeared along with her bag.

She smiled once more as she watched Ray walk up to her.

"Goodbye Jill, I can't believe how fast this last week has gone." He said as he automatically hugged her, "You'll need to join us next time for a longer period, that's if we haven't already managed to put you off us."

Jill laughed, "Not at all, I've had a great time."

Jill's attention was diverted as she noticed Frank half pushing Gerard out of his room.

"He's a nightmare in the morning Jill," Ray whispered as he looked around in the direction that Jill was staring.

Gerard half stomped and half dragged himself towards them as he wearily dragged his hands through his hair. "hey Jill," he muttered before he looked up as he heard Mikey sniggering.

"Nice look Gee," Mikey commented as he looked at Gerard with his hair sticking around everywhere, his still present eye make up which now made him resemble a panda and his baggy pyjamma pants and half on half off black hoodie.

"Where's Bob?" Gerard asked as he looked around for the one person missing.

"He's on his way. He's just up," Ray replied grinning at Gerard.

Gerard rubbed his eyes, "You mean you half dragged me out here and Bob, who's usually up first is still in his bed? Did you tire him out Jill?

Jill almost choked as she suddenly coughed out loud much to the amusement of all those around her.

"Anyway, take care of yourself Jill," Gerard said as he hugged her.

"I really have to be going," Jill said unable to look at anyone due to the embarrasment of Gerard's comments. She reached over and lifted her bag from Frank's feet. Just as she was about to leave, she saw his door open and Bob walk out. She looked at him and smiled but noticed he did not return her sentiment. Jill was shocked at his coldness as he walked up to her. It was as if someone had stabbed her hard in the stomach as the realisation dawned on her of how little he must actually feel for her. Yet in his look she could have swore he too looked hurt.

"Well goodbye Jill," he muttered.

Jill looked at him in shock and confusion as he stood rigid in front of her, "Goodbye Bob," Jill replied before he walked right past her.

Jill stood for a moment gazing at the empty hallway in front of her before she pulled the rucksack over her back and walked into the lift. She could hear Frank calling on her but she could not look round as she prayed the doors would hurry up and shut. Jill had never been so relieved to see a taxi in her life as she ran towards it.


x------x


Bob glanced over at Ray who glared at him with a look that immediately made him feel shamefaced. He knew he had totally fucked up and as he watched Jill disappear he realised that he would never see her again.

"What the fuck was all that about Bob?" Frank snapped unable to contain the anger he felt as he returned breathing heavily after his failed attempt to catch Jill.

"None of your business," Bob replied walking back to his room.

"None of my business," Frank said repeating his words,"How could you be so cold towards her after last night."

"How the fuck do you know about last night?" Bob shouted, "Kinda proves the point if a certain someone has been telling tales."

"You're such a self-obsessed asshole Bryar." Frank roared back.

Mikey looked at his brother and then Ray, none of them quite knowing what to do as Bob and Frank continued to shout at each other.

"Hey Frank," Gerard said half grabbing Frank,"Calm down."

"Let me go Gerard," Frank angrily said not taking his eyes off Bob.

"I don't know why you are getting so riled up Frank," Bob said as Gerard finally let Frank go.

"You don't know," Frank retorted, "Just that your face has been miserable for months since you first met Jill and now when you have everything you throw it away, You're such a stupid fuck."

"He's right Bob, I don't get it," Ray added, "What happened, I thought you guys had it all sorted."

Bob looked down at his feet, "We did but I woke up and she was gone and then when I came out just now she was about to go off again."

Gerard rolled his eyes as Bob shrugged his shoulders and turned away from them all as he returned to his room.

"You alright Frank?" Mikey asked as both Gerard and Ray returned to their rooms.

"I'm alright apart from Bob driving me round the fucking bend." Frank replied.

"Why does it bother you so much?" Mikey asked.

Frank looked up at Mikey,"You should have seen them last night Mikey, they are both so perfect for each other and I've never seen him so happy when he's with her."

"Maybe it's just not mean't to be," Mikey said trying to reassure Frank.

"I just don't believe it." Frank replied before he followed Mikey into his room.


x------x

Worm looked back at the band as they all sat in the van behind him. He had never seen them so quiet in his life. Frank lay slumped against Gerard as they both listened to their Ipods. Mikey sat in the back, his hood pulled tightly over his head. Ray sat beside Bob but they didn't utter a word to each other. Worm was relieved to break the silence as they drove into the airport and parked. They were flying back home only for a couple of days to do some tv before they would be back in Europe. Frank had long since given up having a go at Bob and they had all agreed that Ray would be the one to have the "serious" talk. Their plane was due to leave in 3 hours and thanks to the heightened security they all had to double check their hand luggage again before checking in. Bob's patience was already at breaking point as the check in staff ran them through the security checks. Worm led them to the private waiting area which for once they were grateful for, none of them were in the mood to be disturbed. Ray eventually made his way towards Bob who had sought solitude away from everyone else.

"Hey man," Ray said as he sat down.

Bob looked up but said nothing.

"What's really going on Bob?" Ray asked gently.

"I'm a dumb ass that's my problem." Bob replied matter of factly.

"So what you going to do about it?" Ray questioned noticing Bob suddenly becoming engrosed with his mobile phone.

"mmm," Bob replied still staring at his phone.

"Bob, I was asking you what you planned to do about the situation with Jill?" Ray stated as he reached out and grabbed the mobile from Bob.

Bob hesitated for a moment when he heard the mention of her name, he wished it didn't hurt so much and he shut his eyes thinking of the look on her face when he last saw her.

"It's too late Ray, I killed off anything I had with Jill earlier as you may have noticed." Bob muttered.

Ray rolled his eyes, "Why did you act like that?"

"I was confused," Bob sighed, "I woke up this morning and she was gone, I thought she had realised that last night had been a big mistake and then when I came out this morning and saw Jill already to leave, she didn't even intend to say goodbye."

"And as usual you let your angry side take over and instead of opening yourself to this girl you closed up." Ray remarked.

"I didn't, I can't handle it Ray." Bob replied pulling his hat over his head.

Ray reached over and placed his hand on Bob's shoulder, "You need to tell her Bob, you can't leave it like this."

Bob looked up at him,"I can't, how can I face her when I treated her so badly?"

"You go to her and you apologise, you get down on your knees if you have to," Ray told him, "She really cares for you."

"You really think so?" Bob asked.

"Yes," Ray said reaching his hands out above him in frustration, "This thing you have with Jill, it only comes around once in a lifetime if you're lucky and when it does Bob you can't let it just pass you by."

Bob stared at Ray and glanced over at the other members of the band as they each lay around waiting for their flight to be called. He grabbed his phone back off Ray who looked at him in surprise.

"What are you doing now?" Ray asked.

"I'm doing what I should have done hours ago." Bob quickly replied as he zipped up his jacket and picked up his bag.

Bob hugged Ray, "Thank you."

Worm looked over as Bob moved towards the door, "Where are you going Bob?"

"I'm going to London," Bob said opening the door, "Ray will fill you in."

"You're not going anywhere Bob," Worm said in alarm as he quickly got to his feet.

Bob just laughed as he looked at Worm and ran through the door, Ray moved quickly to block Worm much to the amusement of Frank who knew Ray didn't stand a chance. Frank threw himself onto Worm's legs and Worm suddenly felt himself falling forwards.

"What the fuck is going on?" Gerard said slightly annoyed as he opened his eyes to see Frank and Worm on the floor and Mikey laughing his head off.

"Bob's run away," Mikey managed to squeeze out in between his laughs.

"This band is going to shit," Gerard said standing up and moving to help Frank up as Worm grabbed Frank and pinned him down.

"Does somebody want to tell me what the fuck is going on?" Worm yelled getting infuriated as Frank just laughed.

"Bob, he had to leave," Ray tried to explain, "He's going to make up with his girl."

"And will one of you recall this to Brian when he fires my ass for losing one of you?" Worm asked finally move off Frank.

"Don't worry man, Bob's from Chicago I think he knows how to take care of himself." Ray replied.




THANK YOU so much for the amazing reviews and for taking the time to rate my last chapter. I'm so happy you guys are enjoying what I write. This chapter is maybe not what you were expecting but I hope you like it. Please let me know what you think
Sign up to rate and review this story