Categories > Original > Drama > Blood Sucking Babysitter

Chapter 18- Living Like a Fine Specimen

by Mo_Was_Here 0 reviews

Katherine has not choice and goes to live in a safe new place.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-11-27 - Updated: 2008-11-28 - 2450 words - Complete

1Exciting
Katherine’s POV

I woke up this morning and felt amazing. I hadn’t slept that well in the longest time that I was actually happy. Until she talked.
“Good morning sweetheart,” Mackena said mockingly.
“Go away; my day was starting out fine until you had to ruin it.” I said coldly and rolled over on my side away from her.
“Oh come on, you didn’t think I wasn’t going to be here did you?” She said.
“I was hoping they could change your mind.” I said.
“Hah nope. I am here on orders, I can’t leave without you.” She said.
“Well what if I don’t go with you.” I said.
“You will go with me, I am a werewolf remember?” She said.
“Yeah, so, I am a vampire.” I pointed out.
“Technically your not, your only half vampire, and plus your only vampire when your under threat or in their house or whatever.” She said.
I rolled over to look at her and she backed away into a shadow.
“Why don’t you want me to see you?” I asked.
“Because, I am nothing like the real Sacagawea, I am not beautiful or as strong.” She said.
“So, I am not beautiful or strong either.” I said.
“You are prettier then I am.” She said.
“Well I don’t know that, I have never seen you.” I said and moved closer towards her and she moved further back.
“I don’t want you to see me, I have been through a lot and when I see my reflection not only I see it, everyone does.” She said smaller then she had before.
“I won’t say anything I swear,” I said.
“You will see me when I can no longer hide it from you.” She said and stood up and walked to my stairs and sat on them, “Your mother is home, and so is Josh’s mom, they bring news of his brother Colin.”
“Have you been spying on them?” I asked slightly revolted.
“I can hear the slightest whisper, it was hard ignoring them.” She said.
“I don’t find that very comforting.” I said and got out of bed.
“Not my fault, trust me if I had a choice I would rather be human.” She said.
“I highly doubt that, look what being human got me into.” I said and reached into my drawers and grabbed a fresh pair of clothes.
“Well not most humans come to find the other side of the world.” She said and twiddled her thumbs.
“Other side of the world?” I asked.
“Well yes, the side that is full of immortals.” She said.
“How are you immortal if you have a beating heart?” I asked.
“What are you talking about?” She asked.
“I didnt hear your heart beating the minute I walked out of Josh’s house last night.” I said and walked towards my bathroom.
“So? Being a werewolf still makes me immortal.” She said and followed me.
“Definition of immortal: not mortal; not liable or subject to death; undying.” I said matter of factly.
“Did you like look that up in a dictionary?” She laughed.
“No, I am not that stupid.” I said then went into my bathroom and closed the door.
“Uh well according to the Webster Dictionary you have in your bookshelf the definition of immortal is not mortal; not liable or subject to death; undying.” She said and I heard her slam the book shut.
“Ok fine I looked it up, throw me in jail why don’t you.” I said and pulled off my clothes and started putting on new ones.
“Don’t worry; once we leave you be in some sort of jail.” She said and I opened the bathroom door.
“You’re not very good at persuading me into coming with you.” I said.
“I don’t have to persuade you to come, you’re coming whether you like it or not.” She said and went back to sit on the stairs.
“I don’t really like the sound of that.” I said.
“Yeah me either.” She said.
“Wait what?” I asked.
“Well I don’t enjoy taking people from their loved ones.” She said dazedly.
“Then why do you do it?” I asked.
“I don’t know, I just do, don’t judge by character.” She said and stood up. “Your mom is walking up the stairs right now to bring you pancakes.”
“Thanks for the heads up, you may want to hide or something.” I said and lay down in my bed and pretended to sleep.
I heard my mom open my door and click on the lights, she quietly walked over to my bed and sat down on it and rubbed my arm.
“Katherine, its time to get up.” She sounded calm but her voice had a fierce edge to it.
“Mom?” I asked dazedly and blinked my eyes a couple of times.
“Good morning, I brought you pancakes.” She said and showed me a steaming plate of pancakes.
“Thanks, how’s Colin?” I asked grabbing the plate.
“He is going to be alright sweetie, he is resting right now and his recovery is going very well.” She said.
“Mom, you look exhausted, you should get some sleep.” I said and sat up.
“Yeah I suppose I should, I was up all night with Elizabeth.” She said and yawned widely.
“Ok mom, thanks for the pancakes.” I said and she got up and walked out of the room.
“Time to go,” Mackena said as she jumped from the stair case and onto the floor.
“Right now?” I asked.
“Yes right now, Helena is making a move, she is coming tonight. If we leave right now she won’t bother your mom.” Mackena said and started grabbing clothes out of drawers and throwing them into a big bag she held.
“Why will she bother my mom?” I asked and ran into my bathroom to put together toiletries.
“She might think your mom will know something.” She said and ran into the bathroom and grabbed the case from me.
“What am I going to tell my mom though? I can’t leave without and explanation.” I said.
“Here,” She said grabbing a pad of paper and pencil from the bag and handing it to me, “tell her you’re going to visit Lauren.”
“That’ll work.” I said and scribbled furiously.
After I finished writing the letter to my mom we ran down the stairs and jumped into a black Mercedes and drove way faster then the speed limit down the road and out into downtown Charleston.
“You look dehydrated.” Mackena said as we drove.
“Do I?” I asked and looked at her; she put her hand on her face and hid it from me; I looked away.
“Take this; it will make you feel better.” She said and gave me a Styrofoam cup.
“Why is it blue?” I asked.
“The blue stuff is medicine it’s called Acrodom, hospitals use it for people who were lost at sea and were dehydrated.” She said and I made a disgusted expression. “Don’t worry, you can’t taste it.”
“But I’m not dehydrated like some one who hasn’t drunk something in forever.” I said and looked into the cup.
“Don’t worry you’ll be fine, if anything it will make you even more alert.” She said.
“Okay then.” I said and pressed the cup to my lips, the water and Acrodom mixture slid down my throat like an ice cube, cold and slippery. My head began to swirl and I dropped the cup on the floor of the car.
“Whoa, I don’t feel too good.” I said and grabbed the car handle.
“I’m sorry,” Mackena said and my eyes closed and I laid my head back on the head rest.

I woke up to find Mackena carrying me out of a plane.
“What happened?!” I asked immediately and my eyes shot open.
“Calm down.” Mackena said soothingly and I looked up and saw absolutely nothing in the darkness.
“What was in that Acrodom shit?!” I asked fiercely and began to struggle.
“That wasn’t Acrodom; it was a sleeping poison, guaranteed to knock you out for 24 hours.” She said and strengthened her grip on me.
“Where are we?” I asked and stopped moving.
“Germany.” She said quietly.
“Great,” I said and looked forwards and saw a big gleaming white dome. “Is that the place?”
“If you mean ‘Is that the place where I am going to be held?’ then yes it is.” She said calmly.
“Can you walk any faster?” I asked.
“First you don’t want to leave and now you’re eager to get there?” She said.
“Suspense kills.” I said and she laughed.
“Close your eyes for a second.” She said and I did.
I felt a rush of cool air then opened my eyes again and we were walking into the big white dome. It was beautiful the lights glimmered and the floor lit up as you walked.
She carried me into the main lobby area and there was a desk right in the middle and two doors directly to its left and right.
“How may we help you?” A cool female voice said as we approached the desk.
“I have the keeper.” Mackena said.
“You may proceed through the door on the right.” The female voice said.
“Thank you.” Mackena said and she walked quickly to the door.
“Who was saying that?” I asked as Mackena opened the small steel door.
“Computer probe.” She said and we walked into a small stair well.
“Oh, do these stairs go all the way down there, like the whole two miles?” I asked.
“Nope,” she said and we turned a corner and saw something that looked like a security gate you would see at an airport.
She walked up to them and placed me on a black carrier belt like I was a piece of luggage, a mean in a black suit stared at me then pressed a green button and the carrier belt began to move.
“Wait Mackena! Where am I going?!” I shouted at her and she just nodded.
I looked at the wall and the carrier belt took me into a small Shute, it was pitch black and all of a sudden the belt stopped moving. I looked all around and couldn’t see anything then all of a sudden a blue light flickered on and I blinked at the sudden light. I looked around and saw that I was in a small room, the room had window on every wall and there were people in white outfits staring into the room.
“Um hello?” I said and the blue light flickered white.
“Hello,” The same female voice I heard earlier said.
“What’s going on?” I asked.
“You are the keeper and you are here for only one reason, to stay alive and away from King Victor.” She said.
“Oh, um, okay.” I said and moved to get off the black carrier belt.
“PLEASE DO NOT MOVE.” The female voice said loudly.
“Oh I’m sorry.” I said.
“This is the examination room, the men outside the room are experimenters they will check and make sure you are unarmed and have good overall health.” She said.
“Where is Mackena?” I asked staring at the men outside of the room.
“She is meeting with the head director Mr. Riley; you will see her when she is done.” She said. “The experimenters are done, we are going to move you into a stable facility, please hold on.”
“Too what?” I asked and the carrier belt began to move again. I moved again into another Shute but it wasn’t pitch black inside the Shute it was lit by a red light and I looked around and saw nothing really just red, then I came out the other side into a room. The belt came to and end and I slid off and stood up gracefully, I looked around and saw a bed a nightstand the bag of clothes I had brought, a bookshelf, and a dresser with two lamps on it.
“This is where you’re going to be staying while you’re here.” The female voice said, “I will be of service to you at every moment.”
“Can I ask you a question?” I said and looked around.
“Yes.” She responded.
“What’s your name?” I asked and looked at the ceiling hopefully.
“I am called AxoBot 137.” She replied.
“I’ll just call you Axo.” I said and walked over to the window on the right wall.
“Okay.” Axo said, “Mackena will come and greet you in approximately 47 seconds.”
“Thanks for the heads up.” I said and lay on the bed.
“35,” Axo said.
“Ok I got it.” I said and the Shute opened and Mackena slid off.
“Hey,” She said and walked over to me with a black face mask on.
“Hello,” I said and stared at the ceiling.
“Comfortable?” She asked and sat down on the floor next to my bed.
“Fo Sho.” I said and she laughed.
“Mr. Riley is happy, he said that Helena and her ‘clan’ are making there way over here right now, we’ll finally be able to stop her.” Mackena said.
“You’re going to kill her?” I asked and sat up.
“There is no other way to stop her from resurrecting Viktor.” She said and looked down at the gleaming white floor.
“Oh ok,” I said. “I am just wondering but how do I get food?”
“Just ask AxoBot 137 whenever you want something to eat, we have everything down here.” She said and looked at the ceiling.
“Oh ok.” I said and looked at the ceiling too.
“And when you want updates you can ask her too.” She said and looked at me.
“Updates, on what?” I asked.
“Here let me show you,” She said then looked at the ceiling again, “AxoBot 137, updates please.”
“Yes ma’am.” She replied, “It is 70 degrees, with 10 percent humidity, dinner is being served to a majority of the specimens, and the count down on which Helena is bound to arrive is in thirty-six and a half hours.”
“Thank you,” Mackena replied.
“Thirty-six and a half hours!!” I shouted.
“Um yes?” Mackena said staring at me.
“Isn’t that a little soon?! Are you sure you’re ready?” I asked.
“Of course we’re ready nothing can get through the barrier, unless we let it.” She said reassuringly.
“Okay,” I said and lay back down on the bed not fully aware of what was going to happen.
Sign up to rate and review this story