Categories > Cartoons > Kim Possible > Ron Stopped!

Coming Together

by AeroTendo 0 reviews

Will Ron wake up? What will happen if Ron doesn't? What is the deal with that portal? This takes place some time after the "So the Drama" movie.

Category: Kim Possible - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance - Characters: Kim, Mr. Possible, Mrs. Possible, Ron - Published: 2006-03-18 - Updated: 2006-03-18 - 2485 words

0Unrated
Kim Possible: Ron Stopped
Story by Aero Tendo

Chapter 2: Coming together

Kim was standing on one side of Ron's bed with Ron's parents on the other side. All three of them were staring down at Ron and even though he was pretty bandaged up, he still looked like he could wake up at any moment.

Kim looked at Ron so sadly, wondering how it could have come to this. How could she fail to protect her best friend that she'd known since Pre K? She wanted to cry right now but she couldn't, she wanted to just be there for her friend, and most of all she wanted her friend to wake up and tell her that he was ok. She reaches out and touches her friend's hand and says, "Ron... Please wake up" before she looks up at his face and against hopes, she expects him to wake up right there and then but he doesn't. There wasn't even a response to the touch and Rufus who was on her shoulder cries into her neck.

Ron's father has one arm around his wife as she looks at the sad scene between Kim and Ron. She had secretly hoped that Kim would have been able to bring Ron out of the coma. She turns and cries against his shoulder while he tries to comfort her before he says to Kim, "I know this isn't your fault Kim. If you could have you would taken this for him." Ron's mother cries a bit more against her husband before he continues saying, "If this had happened to you, I know that Ron wouldn't have left your side just like you didn't. He cared about you very much." His eyes were full of tears before he turned to wrap his arms fully against his wife and closed his eyes.

Kim's lower lip quivered as she felt the sadness in her become even more overwhelming and she takes Ron's hand into hers, softly squeezing it in hers as she hopes for any reaction. There is no reaction, not even a squeeze back and she looks at Ron's face illuminated by the bed light over his head, she couldn't tear her eyes away from his face even though she was flooded with images of Ron making just about every imaginable face that any person could make. She remembers the faces of Ron when he was sad, angry, upset, scared, terrified, all the goofy faces, puzzled about whatever, and the face that she remembered the most before seeing him like this was the face Ron had before she shared her first kiss, the face of Ron in love with her.

Kim gulped as the memory of was replaced by the way Ron looked when she found him under all that debris. Her eyes brimmed with tears before she blinked and then found she couldn't stop. Tears flowed heavily down her cheeks before she cried out "Wake up Ron! I need you!" and collapses onto Ron's chest with her one hand still holding his. She cries hard while Ron's parents cried where they stood. Rufus crawls up to Ron's head and looks at him tearfully before laying beside his cheek in a kind of ball, not wanting to go anywhere until his friend woke up.

Meanwhile outside in the waiting room Kim's family waiting for them to come out in somber silence. Even the twins were behaving because as much as they'd made fun of Ron and Kim, they still would do anything for either of them but in this case neither one could think of anything that would help. Kim's mother leaned against her husband before she saying, "I wish I could have done more for her, Ron is her best friend. It hurts me to see her suffer like this." With him saying back, "I know you did everything in your power Hon, and I know that Kim knows that too." They all stay standing like that for an hour before they all decide to sit down and wait.

Eventually it gets late and a nurse comes in to say, "Visitor's hours are almost up, but you can come back tomorrow at 7 am." Ron's father says, "Let her stay, we'll leave now... " And he walks out while Kim still has her head laying on Ron's chest with her eyes all red from doing so much crying looks at the sleeping form of Ron. Kim thinks to herself, "He looks like he is just sleeping..." before a swell of overwhelming sadness comes to her as she finishes the thought, "but he's not... he's in a coma!" She cries some more on Ron and says loudly, "Please Ron! Wake up! I'll do anything to see you awake!"

Time seems to pass slowly before she hears the footsteps behind her and a gentle hand on her shoulder, which is followed by her mother's voice, "You can stay here with Ron... I'll arrange it with the hospital." Kim says in a soft, sad but grateful voice, "Thank you Mom." She had been wondering how she was going to stay away from Ron when he needed her. She would have sneaked back in if she'd been made to leave, knowing that her parents would have understood.

Unbeknownst to anyone, the same portal that Kim had almost seen earlier was above everyone with the shapeless figures watching in particular the sad expressions on the family's faces, especially that of Kim for ten minutes before it closes up silently.

The same nurse comes in after a while and says in a regretful voice, as she hated to tell people to leave, "I'm sorry but visitor's hours are over, you'll have to come back tomorrow."

Kim's mother says, "We're leaving... She can stay though. I'll make sure she has permission." To the nurse who knew of her and the nurse says, "Ok Mrs. Possible." The family walks out, leaving Kim behind with her best friend laying there with only the sounds of the equipment sounds to keep her company throughout the night.

(Elsewhere in a secret lab)

Drakken was laughing as he finishes constructing the device in his next fiendish plan to take over the world with Shego reading a "Villain Weapons" magazine and just plain ignoring him like she usually does when he gets to ranting which could be for hours.

One of Drakken's men were watching TV and sipping a drink before he is shocked by what he says on the screen and spits out the drink! The guard shouts, "Sir! I think you should come here and see this!" Without anyone noticing, a portal overhead opens up silently with shapeless figures watching with interest. One of the shapeless ones seems to be upset at Drakken and Shego.

Drakken growls and says, "What is it? This better not be another one of those Info commercials! I can't stand those!" The guard says, "I really think you need to see this, it has Kim Possible in it!"

This perks Shego's interest as well and she tosses her magazine aside to get up and look at the TV with Drakken. On the screen is a reporter saying "For our feature story today, Kim Possible's sidekick Ron Stoppable was seriously injured today when fighting against one of their arch-enemies, Drakken and Shego." A picture of Drakken and Shego pops up beside the reporter's head as she continues, "Kim Possible, (The picture changes into one of Kim and Ron side by side) an amazing girl who has saved the world many times is there right now with him at the hospital where it is reported that he underwent hours of surgery. Further updates will follow when we have more news. On a personal note, I just want to thank Kim Possible for all that she's done and wish a speedy recovery for her friend."

Drakken groans, "Oh this is great! Did you see the picture they used! It wasn't the best side!" The guard says, "Sir, Kim Possible is bound to be real upset the next time she sees us, can I quit?" Drakken shouts at the guard, "What are you talking about? Kim will try to stop us from taking over the world like she always does!"

Shego grins and leans close to the guard, "This is perfect! Kim Possible won't leave her friend's side, not even to save the world. By the time she does leave that idiot's side, it'll be too late!" She reaches out with a hand lighting up in her eerie green glow and moves it right below the guard's throat, "And if you still want to quit, I can arrange for that."

Shego looks at the guard in the eyes as she makes it clear that the guard won't be leaving alive if he wants to quit. The guard gulps and says, "Um, on second thought I think I'll stay h-here. I-I want to be on the w-winning team." Shego moves her hand away and says, "Good choice." Before walking away to where her magazine is and picks it up to finish reading it.

The guard looks at Shego for a few more moments as Drakken gloats about how he'll finally get to conquer the world until the guard's words finally ring a bell in his head. The guard sighs and changes the channel to something else while Drakken panics and he asks Shego what he'll do! He knows that Kim Possible probably won't just be satisfied with stopping him; she'll probably try to hurt him badly as payback!

Shego finally gets enough and tosses the finished magazine at him, which hits him in the side of the head. While Drakken is rubbing at the side of his head with his hand and yelling at her, "What'd you do that for Shego!" she stands up again and grins at him. She says, "Kim Possible is at her most vulnerable right now, she'll be EASY pickings for me now." She lights up her hands and then says, "Next time we meet, Kim Possible will be joining her friend in the hospital..." before she laughs evilly.
The shapeless figures in the portal seem to get be trying to hold onto one of the others for a few moments before the portal silently closes without anyone noticing.

(Back at the Possible Household)

The tweebs were hanging out on the couch looking most unhappy while their father was reading the paper when suddenly the familiar chirp of Kim's communicator went off and the father picked it up out of a pocket after putting it aside on the couch. Kim's twin brothers rushed over to his side to see Wade appear on the screen.

Kim's father says, "Hello Wade, what can I do for you?" with the twins saying, "Hi Wade! Good to see you!" Wade is in front of his keyboard as usual and says, "How's Ron?" The father says as he shakes his head, "Still in his coma I'm afraid. Kim stayed behind at the hospital to be there for Ron should he wake up."

Wade looks down sadly before he looks back up and says, "I'm sorry to hear that. Be sure to tell Kim the next time you see her that if there's anything I can do for her, I'm there." He nods at Wade and says, "I will, thank you Wade."

The twins say to Wade, "Hey, what about Drakken and Shego? Any news?" Wade nods and points at the screen that only he could see and says, "Yes, according to my information it looks like Drakken is holding out at a new headquarters in Arizona. It looks like he's cooking up another take over the world plan and this time... without Kim and Ron he just might succeed."

The twins both say, "No way! We can't let that happen!" They turn to their father and say, "Dad! We can't allow this! Kim wouldn't want Drakken to take over the world and neither would Ron!" Kim's father nods and says, "You're right boys! It is us to step in and take Kim's place until Ron wakes up!"

Wade says, "Um, I don't think this is a good idea. I think we should tell Kim." The twins push their face in front of the screen and say, "No way! Bad idea!" Wade looks puzzled and says, "Why not?" Jim of the twins says, "Remember when Drakken kidnapped that "Eric" guy?" Wade nods and says, "Yeah... why?" Tim says, "Well, Kim was only mostly upset when that happened. This time she'll go berserk and might do something that she'll regret because they hurt Ron so badly!" Wade says, "Oh... Good point. All right I'll keep quiet unless you guys get into trouble, then I'm calling Kim ok?" The twins say at the same time "Deal Wade!" Wade sighs and says, "I'll arrange some transportation and I'll get back to you."

Kim's father says, "Thank you Wade, I don't know what Kim would do without a good friend like you." Wade smiles and says, "Thank you Mr. Possible. Talk to you guys later." Before the screen goes dark.

The twins get all excited and Jim says, "Yeah! A mission!" with Tim saying, "We'll show Drakken that heroes run in the family!" Their father says, "Calm down boys, remember why we're doing this. This is for Kim, right?" They settle down a little and say, "Sorry Dad, you're right." Before they run out of the room and leave their father looking at the communicator and wondering if they're making the right decision.

The twins run into Kim's room looking for all of the gizmos that Wade had given to Kim and finding only the laser lipstick, the hairdryer/grapping hook, and the knockout compress. They then decide that they're going to need more stuff than that so they run back into their room and start to talk about what they're going to need and how they'll build what they want. They then started to build the devices quickly because they knew that Wade would be getting their ride to Arizona quickly to get them to stop Drakken and Shego.

Kim's mother is in the kitchen cooking some food to bring to Kim tomorrow when she goes to see how Ron is doing but since she'd been one of the doctors working on Ron, she also knew that he might not wake up anytime soon. Suddenly, the phone rings in the kitchen and she picks it up and says, "Possible here" and looks very surprised, then puzzled before her face takes a calm look as she listens to the caller before she says, "Ok, I promise. Don't worry, I'll take care of everything." She hangs up the phone a little slowly as she appears to be in heavy thought for a few minutes until something buzzes and she quickly moves over to check on the food she'd been preparing.
Sign up to rate and review this story