Categories > Cartoons > Kim Possible > Ron Stopped!

The Mission Starts

by AeroTendo 0 reviews

Kim is a *wee* bit emotional (understatement). A mission to stop Drakken and Shego begins!

Category: Kim Possible - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance - Characters: Kim, Mr. Possible, Mrs. Possible, Ron - Published: 2006-03-18 - Updated: 2006-03-18 - 2298 words

0Unrated
Kim Possible: Ron Stopped
Story by Aero Tendo

Chapter 3: The Mission Starts

(At the hospital)

Kim is still holding Ron's hand in her own with her head laying next to him while she sat down in a chair that had been thoughtfully provided by one of her Mom's friends who worked at the hospital. He had come in to check on Kim and Ron before he went off duty to go home and found her with red eyes, looking like she didn't want to sleep even though her eyes must have been so sore. It had been hard to hear what had happened to Ron since he liked the lad and he was only sorry that he couldn't do more than bring in his own personal office chair from his office, he figured that since he was rarely in the room the chair would be put to better use with Kim.

A nurse, one that Kim hadn't met before comes in quietly and sees that Kim is still beside her injured friend and after a quick check on the boy's vital signs on the machine and making sure that his IV drip bag was doing fine she turns to look at the scene before her once more. She felt her heart truly go out to Kim, she had heard of their feats in saving the world as well as having been one of the people who's younger sister had been duped into Drakken's last attempt at taking over the world. It still angered her at the thought that Drakken could have hurt everyone she knew in his mad quest.

So to see true heroes and best friends hurt as they are it was hard on the nurse. Though at some level she knew that with the way Kim was holding Ron's hand, Ron was much more to Kim than that.

After a soft sigh and a prayer for Ron to quickly recover she opens the curtains in the room to allow some light in as one of her duties. The nurse whose name tag read "Joann" when Kim looked up at the light that pained her sleepy eyes forgot for a just a moment where she was in her sleepy state until it dawned on her that she was at the hospital and then everything became sharp and clear with the burst of adrenaline as her mind and voice together cried out, "Ron!" but after seeing Ron still looking like he was asleep the voice spoke again, this time only in her head, "Oh Ron... you didn't wake up yet...."

With her face looking so very, very sad. The nurse says, "I'm sorry Kim Possible, I didn't mean to wake you up. Is there anything I can do for you? Would you like me to bring you some coffee?"

Kim looks at the nurse and says, "Yes please, I'll take it with some cream and 2 sugar packets." The nurse nods to her before saying; "I'll go get some right away." She is at the door frame before she pauses and says, "Oh... I just wanted to say, he's very lucky to have a girlfriend like you." Which gets a sad but weak smile from her face before she manages to say, "Thank you Joann" Kim then turns her attention back to her Ron and watches him sleep with Rufus curled up in a ball with a corner of the blanket tucked over him.

The nurse leaves and goes to where she knows the best coffee will be in the hospital at that hour, which would be the doctor's lounge. She walks in and is pouring some coffee when one of the doctors says, "What are you doing here? You're not a doctor." Joann says, "I'm getting some coffee for Kim Possible." At the mention of the name, the doctor says, "I see, well then please let her know that she can get the coffee anytime she wants." He puts a hand on her shoulder and says, "Also, please give her my condolences." With the nurse nodding and promising that she would. She makes it with a packet of cream and two sugar packets like Kim had asked before she walks out.

The doctor shakes his head after she leaves and says to the other doctors, "I feel for them. I've known Kim and Ron for most of their lives and I would do anything that was within my power to help either one of them." The other doctors all agree that is how they all feel even though they all know they were helpless to do anything for Ron.

Joann walks and sees that Kim is in the same position that she'd been in when she left, leaving her to wonder if Kim had even blinked with the way Kim was looking at Ron. She lets out a breath she didn't realize she'd been holding and walks up slowly to Kim as she says, "I've got the coffee just like you asked for Kim." With both hands holding the coffee out to her with the handle pointed at Kim. Unknown to anyone at the time, a very small portal quietly appears on the ceiling, with the shapeless beings watching just moments before Kim accepts the coffee.

Kim looks away from Ron and says, "Thank you Joann, I appreciate this." Before she uses her left hand to take the coffee by the handle and brings it up to her lips to sip it. After a few sips she says with a bit of a playful smile on her lips even though her eyes were very sad, "You got this from the doctor's lounge didn't you?"

The nurse smiles and says, "Guilty as charged! They have the best coffee in the whole hospital." Suddenly she hears a voice say, "I won't argue with you there Joann." And she jumps because of it. She turns around and sees Dr. Possible standing there with stuff in her hands with her husband Mr. Possible as well standing behind her. She gulps and says, "I-I'm sor-" but is cut off with a the doctor smiling and saying, "It is perfectly all right, I was going to get her some myself after dropping off some food." And indicates the food in the containers.

The nurse smiles and says, "Thank you Dr. Possible... Well, I still have other things I must be attending to so I'll go now." She then turns to Kim and says, "Good luck Kim, I will be wishing you and Ron the best!" and before Kim can say a reply the nurse dashes out of the room.

Kim's mother approaches her daughter and says, "Any change Kim?" with a slow, sad shake of her head side to side. She sighs and puts the food on a clear part of Ron's bed before she then turns to say something while Rufus smells the food and wakes up. Rufus crawls over and goes "Yum!" before diving into one of the bags that have nachos that Kim's mother had picked up from Buenos Nacho for Rufus.

Kim's mother says, "I know how you feel about Ron, Kimberly but you can't stay by Ron's side in this hospital forever." Which gets her a tearful and angry look from Kim. Kim's mother says, "You will need proper rest and food honey, plus there are plenty of nurses here to watch over him. I promise you that he'll be well taken care of."
Fresh tears flow down Kim's cheeks as she looks up at her mother and she is trembling before she says, "No Mom...NO ONE can watch over Ron like I can." And squeezes Ron's hand as if daring her mother to take Ron away from her with the hurt look in her eyes. Kim sobs, "It is all my fault! All my fault and it should be ME who laying there!"

Kim's mother sighs and says, "Honey, do you really think that Ron would want you to stay here? You still have school, homework, friends, and a life outside of here... he wouldn't want you to change these things because of something like this."

Kim's father walks up and places his hand on her shoulder and says, "You know your mother is right. And someday he will wake up and then the two of you can resume saving the world against Drakken and everyone else that needs your help." He realizes his mistake too late after he finishes speaking when Kim starts to tremble, not out of sadness but out of pure RAGE.

Kim shouts at her father, "Dad, don't mention Drakken to me EVER AGAIN! If I never see them again, it'll be too soon! Now leave me alone PLEASE!" and tosses the half-full cup of coffee at her father, narrowly missing him and it shatters against the wall by the door with its coffee liquid slowly running down the wall.

Kim's mother says loudly, "Kimberly! How dare you throw that at your father!" and gets a very angry look from Kim that said in no uncertain terms, "LEAVE!" She knew that Kim was very protective and worried about Ron; she always had been ever since they were children. So with a sigh she grabs her husband's arm and leads him out with her saying, "Come along, there's no use in talking to her when she's like this."

No sooner than they both step out of sight through the door they hear Kim cry out, "Ron! Please Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! I can't do this without Ron! I can't continue to save the world without you!" with the last part becoming much softer as it trails before loud crying is heard. So Kim's parents do the only thing that they can do, they walk away and leave her alone with sad faces as they with that they could do something to have Kim smile again. The small portal that had watched the whole scene silently shrinks again until it vanishes.

(Later at the Possible Household)

A sleek-looking jet with hovering capabilities appears on the street in front of Kim's home. While Kim's Mother is still at work even as her husband and the twins get their gear and step into the jet. Kim's mother was staying late to check on Kim and told her husband to take care of the boys, to this he agreed to do.

Jim and Tim are excited and Jim says, "This is our first mission to save the world!" with Tim saying "Yeah! This'll be our chance to show Kim that we are as good as her!" They smile as they look over the stuff that they are carrying in a duffel bag.

Kim's father stops at the entrance to the craft and turns to look at his house, thinking about the letter that he left about what he was going to do with the boys and why. He again hoped that he was doing the right thing. He turns and steps on the craft, seeing the twins with big, excited smiles on their faces. Suddenly a computerized voice overhead says, "Please sit down and strap yourselves in. We will be leaving quickly in a few moments."

The three of them strap themselves in with a computerized voice saying, "Everyone strapped in?" and after they all answer yes, the craft flies straight up high enough to avoid trees and power lines before thrusting forward at a tremendous speed!

The twins say, "Well, we're" then switching to the other one, "off to our mission!" with their father looking a bit nervous but he wasn't about to let the boys go without an adult. The computerized voice says, "We shall arrive there in four hours, please let me know if there is anything you require." The voice then switches over to Wade's voice and he says, "Hey guys, what do you think of the KimJet Mark One?"

The twins both tell Wade that they think it is awesome and start to bug Wade with a flurry of questions from what kind of features the jet had, why the name, and where he got it. All the while their father pulls out of his pocket a picture of Kim and Ron's prom picture with the slightly burnt dress that Kim got from when she had to battle the giant robot during Drakken's last plot. He looks sadly at the photo and thinks to himself, "I'm sorry Kim for what I said earlier... I know how much Ron means to you, and if he is the one you're destined for then I couldn't be happier." A tear lands on the picture and he blinks before he realizes that the tear came from him. He moves up a hand to wipe at his eyes as he sees the twins take notice and Tim says, "Hey Dad, are you ok?"

Mr. Possible says, "Yes, I'm alright I just have something in my eye is all." And tries to quickly put away the picture but it slips from his fingers and falls to the floor of the jet facing up to reveal the picture of Kim and Ron before he grabs it and puts it away in his pocket.

The twins and Wade through a camera/viewscreen combo that was mounted in the cabin both noticed the picture and they knew that the "thing in his eye" was a father's love for his daughter. Neither the twins nor Wade knew what to say because they all cared a lot about Kim and Ron since both had been around them for a very long time and had such a great impact and their lives so for the rest of the flight, the chatting was kept to a minimum and usually only about the mission itself.
Sign up to rate and review this story