Categories > Cartoons > Kim Possible > Ron Stopped!

Mission Troubles

by AeroTendo 2 reviews

There's big trouble on the mission while Kim waits for Ron to wake up! More of Kim's family shows up. The portal is still mysteriously watching everything.

Category: Kim Possible - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance - Characters: Kim, Mr. Possible, Mrs. Possible, Ron, Shego - Published: 2006-03-18 - Updated: 2006-03-18 - 2480 words

1Moving
Kim Possible: Ron Stopped
Story by Aero Tendo
Slim and Joss are from the episode "Showdown at the Crooked D."

Chapter 4: Mission Troubles

(Drakken's Lair)

Drakken was busy designing stuff while his henchmen played poker at a table even as Shego had her nose buried in a magazine. Only two henchmen were watching the monitors but even they didn't think that anyone would be able to find them in the latest hiding place so they were mostly chatting between each other while keeping only an eye on the monitors every so often.

(On the jet)

Mr. Possible and the twins got ready as Wade explained that Drakken wouldn't be able to see them coming in thanks to his cloaking device that he had attached to the jet. Mr. Possible was relieved at the cloaking device but he wanted the boys to be careful, especially since they all knew what happened to Ron. Jim and Tim agreed to be careful, but behind their father's back they also agreed to give Drakken a couple of kicks for hurting Ron and Kim.

Wade says, "Hey, you guys won't be going in alone on this mission." Mr. Possible says, "What do you mean Wade?" Wade answers, "Well, I thought it was about time to unveil my latest invention. (A door rolls up at the back of the jet's compartment) Let me introduce you to the Wade-nader IV. It is a robot that I created for going on their missions, only I made it tougher as my last couple of robots got toasted on their previous outings."

The twins were excited and started to ask what the Wade-nader IV could do and so rather than explain without showing off its capabilities, he started to show that the robot had its own cloaking device, rockets with wings for flight, a grappling hook, and four robotic hands.

The jet beeps and says, "We are going to be landing shortly, please buckle up and prepare to depart." So then Jim, Tim, and Mr. Possible buckle up and prepare for the landing, which was a smooth landing. The door opens up and the trio, plus one robotic Wade leave the jet, which slowly winds down until the engine stops.

Mr. Possible says, "Now remember boys, we've got to be careful. We don't want what happened to Ron to happen to us." To the three before him and they all agree. So they all silently make their way towards Drakken's place that was a large sand castle built on top of an abandoned missile silo remade to suit Drakken's needs.

(In Drakken's Lair)
The two guards were chatting idly when Shego looks up from her magazine and spots the Possible's sneaking towards them and she also saw the weird robot moving alongside them. A slow but big and evil grin grew on her face as she noticed that there was NO Kim Possible or goofy sidekick with them.

Shego tosses down her magazine and laughs before saying, "Looks like we have some unannounced visitors Dr. Drakken." With Drakken saying, "What? It better not be another annoying salesperson! I don't need another hairbrush!"

Shego points to the monitor, "Look, we've been invaded by the Possibles. And look! No Kim Possible or goofy sidekick!"

Drakken takes a look at the monitor and smiles, "Well Shego, we should prepare a proper welcoming for our guests." He pushes a button on the console near the two guards watching the monitor and says, "Everyone! We've got visitors! Everyone to the main entrance!"

(Later)

The guards surrounded Mr. Possible and the twins with the ends of their electrified batons aimed right at them. Drakken was laughing with Shego looking smug with her hands upon her hips at the three of them a safe distance away but close enough that if anything happened, Shego could jump in to join the fun quickly enough.

The Wade-nader was using its cloaking device while Wade looked for an opening to help the Possible family with. With the odds stacked against the trio, he wondered how Kim always made it look so easy whenever she was in the same situation. Then again, he realized that she had the skills and experience with Drakken to be able to handle this kind of stuff.

Shego grinned and says, "What's this? It looks like we've got the entire male Possible clan here." She approached them with a few steps while Mr. Possible looked around with his hands up while a guard indicated with the baton to keep those hands up. Shego says, "Where is Kim Possible? Is she too busy to visit old friends?" with a look in her eyes that said she knew the answer.

The twins, Jim and Tim did not like their sister all the time but she was their sister and they did not like it when Shego spoke of their sister like that. Even surrounded by guards they didn't lose a bit of their courage as they said, "Hey! If Kim was here she would be whooping your ass so bad right now!" with the other saying, "Yeah! You two would be in so much trouble if our sister was here!"

Drakken smiles evilly and says, "But she's not here now is she? She is too busy crying her eyes out over her buffoon of a sidekick whose name I can never remember... Oh, no matter! The point is that she can't stop us now so she sent you three!"

Mr. Possible frowns and points at Drakken who is on a hovering platform with Shego resting her hands on the safety bars on the side of it. He says, "Now that's going to far Drew Lipsky! My Kimmie-cub's best friend since pre-k has been hurt due to your foolishness and all you can do is mock her for her pain!" He gets two electrified batons shoved closer towards him for his words even as Drakken gets upset and shouts back, "Do you have any idea how many times your daughter has humiliated me? Has defeated one of my evil plans to take over the world?"

The twins hear a cue for a bait if they ever heard one and Jim says, "We know how many times..." with Tim joining in, "because we kept track and so far it has been..." and then back to Jim to finish the sentence, "It has been 1023 times so far, this would have made the 1024th time." Their words have the desired effect on Drakken, who gets flustered and even angrier and says, to Shego, "Has it really been that many times?" with her shrugging an answer before he leans forward and shouts, "That's besides the point! That's 1023 times too many for me and now without that cheerleader here to stop me I will finally rule the world!" before he does his patented evil villain laugh.

Wade is sitting at his home and has heard every word both Drakken and Shego said to the three of them and says aloud, "What should I do? I know I promised them that I would try contacting Kim only as a last resort." With no answer forthcoming in the silence that was only filled with the humming of his machines.

Drakken shouts, "Take to the holding area! I'll decide what to do with them later!" and before they are all taken away Mr. Possible says, "I won't forget this Drew, mark my words." Then they are all ushered through one of the big side doors that leads to an elevator that leads to the holding area. The Wade-nader follows invisibly before going down the elevator on the top of it. When the elevator stops, the guards usher out the Possibles and the Wade-nader follows quietly behind until the trio is pushed into their holding cell.

After turning on the energy bars that make up the cell, all but one of the goons leave to report back to Drakken and Shego, leaving Wade with a smile on his face as he figured that the Wade-nader could handle one guard.

(Meanwhile at the hospital)

Kim's mother walks up to the room after an emergency operation and stops at the door, silently opening it to peek inside. She sees Kim is laying with her head beside Ron's arm with her hand still holding his. She looks sadly at her daughter and sees that the clothes that she'd brought for Kim remained in the bag that she had given her. She was a little relieved though to see that most of the food had been eaten because she didn't want her daughter to starve herself while waiting for Ron to wake up. Opening the door some more she quietly steps in and walks towards Kim.

Kim hears the door click and figures that it would be another doctor or nurse checking on Ron like usual until she hears her mother's soft voice edged with sadness say to her, "Kim... how are you doing?" She looks up with her eyes still feeling red and sore but all dried up from all the crying she did before she says, "I'll be ok... Ron still needs me." Before she turns her eyes to look at Ron. Her mother felt for her, she truly did because she knew that she would be doing much the same thing if anything happened to her husband or any of her children.

Kim's mother reaches out and put a hand on her shoulder before saying, "I know, but you still should bathe. Do you think Ron would want to wake up to a smelly friend?" and gives Kim a weak but loving smile to show she was making an attempt at a joke. She is relieved when she notices the faintest signs of a smile on her daughter's face before it fades when she says, "But Ron..." She stops her and says, "I'll stay here and take care of him until you can get back from your bath."

Suddenly a voice is heard since neither one had heard the door open, "You don't need to worry Kim, I'll protect Ron if that scoundrel Drakken comes around these parts." They both turn to see her cousin Joss and her father, Slim who was Mr. Possible's older brother. He says, "I came as soon as I heard hon. I'm sorry to hear about what happened. I liked the little feller.

Mrs. Possible turns towards the two of them and smiles as she says, "Thank you both for coming" with Joss's father saying in reply as he walks up and gives her a hug, "It weren't nothing, the two of you are family. That's what we do, we look out for each other."

Joss looks angry and punches her own gloved hand as she says, "Boy, what I wouldn't do to get my hands that Drakken fellow and Shego. I'd teach them not to mess with the Possible family." She then walks over to stand beside Kim and looks sadly at Ron, "He looks kinda peaceful don't he?"

Kim looks at Ron and says softly, "Yes he does..." and she obviously wants to cry from the expression on her face. Both Slim and Mrs. Possible notice while Joss doesn't and when she turns to look at Kim she says, "Kim, you're in a sorry-looking state. You need to go clean up for when Ron wakes up. I think he's gonna want to see you looking strong and beautiful for him."

Kim looks at Joss and then back at Ron with her hand holding his just a little tighter for a few moments before she turns her head to Joss and says, "I suppose you're right... but I won't be gone long and I want to know the moment he starts to wake up. It doesn't matter if I'm in the shower or what! Got it?"

Joss nods and says, "Yeah, you'll be the first one besides Ron here to know he's waking up. Now go and clean yourself up, alright?" She picks up the back of clothes that was open and clean clothes could be seen and pushes it against her, with Kim wrapping her free hand around it to keep it from dropping.

Kim seems to have a hard time letting go of Ron's hand and no one can seem to think of anything to say that would help, so they wait. After a long time Kim finally and reluctantly lets go of Ron's hand and turns to Joss to say, "Remember... no matter what I am doing, if he so much as stirs I want to be notified."

Joss says, "No problem cousin, I've got your back... now go ok?" Kim says, "Thank you" and with one last long look at Ron she walks out of the room.

Once Kim is out of earshot Mrs. Possible says, "Thank you Joss, I didn't think that I'd ever get her out of the room to ever leave Ron's side to freshen up."

Joss waves her hand and says, "No big Auntie." And then she looks at Ron, "How is Ron doing? Any change?"

Mrs. Possible shakes her head and says, "No, and when Ron came in here I worked my hardest for my Kimmie because I know how much he means to her. He means a lot to me as well, he is such a good boy." She tears up and wipes at her eyes as she then says, "I only wish I could have done more. I feel like I failed her."

Slim puts his hands on her shoulders and says, "Nonsense, you're one of the best doctors around. If you hadn't been here I'd wager that the feller would be in worse shape than he is now." Mrs. Possible looks at Slim and says, "Thanks Slim, I needed to hear that."

Joss says, "Ain't no big like papa says, family sticks together through the tough times. Besides I'm sure Ron will wake up."

Mrs. Possible looks curiously at Joss and says, "Why do you say that?" Joss smiles at her Aunt and says, "Because he's always been there for Kim, and I doubt he'd let a little thing like a coma stop him from coming to Kim's side when she really needs him."

Mrs. Possible smiles a little and says, "You're right Joss, and I know Kim wouldn't let anything stop her doing anything that would help Ron." Joss nods and says, "That's right, they're two peas in a pod those two. They belong together."

Kim had finished her shower in record time which was one of the many useful skills one picks up being a cheerleader/world saver and had caught the conversation at the point where Joss had just told her mother that she was sure Ron would wake up. She had to smile just a little at just how right Joss sounded when she said those words.
Sign up to rate and review this story