Categories > Original > Drama > Blood Sucking Babysitter

Chapter 20- Anticipation and Frustration

by Mo_Was_Here 0 reviews

Katherine waits to meet her doom.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-01-29 - Updated: 2009-01-30 - 1067 words - Complete

1Exciting
Katherine’s POV

We all hate endings, whether they are happy or sad, nobody likes endings. I personally hate endings, and my ending is defiantly not a good one. As I looked around my white florescent room I couldn’t help but have the feeling that this was my ending. I would die today, I would die in the arms of an enemy and that feeling did not comfort me as I tried to stay calm. This place was by far the worst place in the world for me. I hated ever square inch of it, now knowing that my friend would die here. But I can’t do anything about it, nope nothing because the god damn foreseers predicted her death and we can’t change that. Bullshit. I know the future can be changed, my cousin who had cancer was supposed to die like four years ago and he is still living! Today is going to be one hell of a day, and from where I am standing now its not going to be a good hell of a day.
I walked over to the small wooden dresser that held all my belongings and picked out my most comfortable and easily flexible outfit that I could fight in (which turned out to be a pair of navy blue hardtails and a black t-shirt) I pulled my hair up into a tight bun and pulled out my tiny stud earrings. Then I took all my clothes out of the small drawer and packed them into the duffle bad I brought and laid it on my bed and sat down.
“Axo?” I asked.
“Yes Katherine?” She responded in her cool, soft voice.
“Where is Mackena?” I asked quietly looking hopefully at the ceiling.
There was a small pause and she answered, “Right now she is in the main atrium waiting for Helena and her followers.”
“Oh, alright.” I said softly and started to play with a hole in the bedspread.
“Is there something wrong?” She asked, sounding like as if she cared.
“No, I was just wondering, all this waiting is kind of building on my anticipation.” Right as the words left my mouth there was a loud bang and screams from over head. I jumped off the bed and looked at the small black chute across the room, it hadn’t moved.
“Axo?” I said more loudly and confidently.
“Yes, Katherine?” She asked again.
“How am I supposed to defend myself?” I asked as it finally hit me, Mackena hadn’t left me any instructions at all, I didn’t know what I was supposed to do at all.
“With these,” Axo said and one of the white panes on the wall moved silently to the right revealing a hidden cabinet full of guns, knives, bottles, boxes, and a small wooden stick like object.
“What’s this?” I said and picked up the wooden stick and twirled it in my fingers.
“That’s a wand.” Axo said.
“A wand? I am in some sort of twisted Harry Potter movie now?” I asked laughing.
“Its not a magicians wand, a wand is a device to send small needles full of poison at the enemy, the enemy will die fifteen seconds later after being hit.” Axo said and there was still no sound of emotion in her voice.
“Nice,” I whispered and put it in my back pocket.
I looked in the cabinet and started reading the labels on the many weapons that lay before me, I grabbed knives and started putting them in my high tops and pockets I took out a couple guns and hid them around the room incase I was disarmed. Then I took the two most effective guns and put them in my front pockets. There was another loud bang and what sounded like a crumple of boulders against the floor, there was a loud high pitched scream that was matched by a deafening roar.
I walked around the room admiring my work, occasionally glancing over my shoulder at the small black chute in case it would start moving again. I was becoming paranoid, every second I took walking around this brightly lit room I got more and more worried about what was happening upstairs, about what was going to happen to me. There wasn’t a way out of this room other then the chute, I couldn’t try to escape if I needed too, I was screwed over and if there was some way of getting out of this I had to take a chance.
I glanced up at the ceiling then ran for the chute, I dove into the small black chute just before the tiny door slammed shut, the carrier began to move and I saw a patch of light, I blinked my eyes at the sudden brightness and then fell off the end of the carrier belt. I stood up and looked around, this hallway was long and a bright white there were several doors along the corridor and it seemed endless. I looked to my right then left checking to see if anyone was coming then darted down the right side of the hallway. I had no idea where to go or which direction I just kept running, I looked back and every which way I could to make sure I wasn’t being followed or watched, then ever so suddenly I came to the end of the hall. I looked at the black tall wooden door that was there and didn’t move, there was a small window in the door and I peered in, the fight was occurring right right inside this room. I looked through the glass and saw werewolves and vampires diving at each other trying to tear each other limb from limb. I saw Helena, she was standing in the midst of the battle taking on a vampire and werewolf at the same time, she was hitting every part of flesh that came near her and occasionally kicked her spear-heeled boots. I watched in amazement as the fight drew on and on, it wasn’t till a vampire was thrown against the door did I realize that the room where I was supposed to be in was probably going to keep me safe. So I ran quickly down the corridor back to my room, but was stopped before I made it there.
Sign up to rate and review this story