Categories > Original > Drama > Blood Sucking Babysitter

Chapter 21- Gathering Goliath

by Mo_Was_Here 0 reviews

Katherine finally meets Goliath.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-02-02 - Updated: 2009-02-02 - 2297 words - Complete

1Exciting
Katherine’s POV

It was a gleaming red door; it stood out from all the other white doors. I took a step closer to the door and read aloud the label beside it, “Holding Cell: High Security”. I looked into the small shaded window in the middle of the brilliant red door, the room inside was small and shaded, there was nothing in the room but a small cage in the corner that was chained to the wall and various weapons lay outside ready to shoot if the thing inside of the cage got loose.
I reached for the identically red handle but before I touched it a small blue square shot out right above it.
“Fingerprint please,” said a cool male voice.
“Excuse me?” I asked in shock.
“Fingerprint please,” the voice repeated.
I stared at the blue square and saw a small silver oval where people in the past had placed their finger to open the door. I decided to take a chance and pressed my index finger to the oval and waited hopefully.
“Access denied,” the voice sad and the silver oval turned a brilliant orange and I heard the faint sound of footsteps.
“Shit!” I whispered furiously and stuck my head around the corner to see where they were coming from; two men were running down the corridor dressed in black holding large guns at their waste.
“They were tryin’ to break into Goliaths vault!” One of the men shouted as I quickly ran across the hall next to a plain white door without being seen.
“Do you think they’re going to use him against us?” The other man shouted back.
“It would be stupid to try, we know how to control him, and he listens to us.” The first man replied, and they came into view and skidded to a halt in front of the red door.
One of the men pressed his face against the window on the door and whispered, “I don’t see no one.”
“We still have to go in and check, Jim.” The other man replied.
“Yeah we don’t want to get in trouble in case someone’s in there.” Jim said and took off one of his gloves and reached for the handle, again the blue square shot out and the male voice said, “Fingerprint please.” The man named Jim pressed his finger to the oval and said, “You do not need my fingerprint, I have signed on here and will forever work for the correct master.” And as soon as he finished the blue square shot back into the door and the door made a small clicking noise and they opened the door.
Katherine watched as both the men entered the room and closed the door quietly behind them, she walked over to the door now knowing what to do, reached for the door handle instantly the blue square shot out once more and I pressed my forefinger to the oval, “You do not need my fingerprint, I have signed on here and will forever work for the correct master?” I said staring questioningly at the door, then the blue square shot back in and I heard the small clicking noise. I stared into the room and saw the guards were hovering over Goliaths cage; I opened the door quietly without them noticing and listened in on their conversation.
“-and yet we keep this stupid beast here so it can take up space.” Jim said.
“The obviously have a good reason for it, they probably wouldn’t tell us we’re not important enough.” said the other man.
“Yeah wouldn’t even let us fight in the battle, make us stay here and watch over this stupid thing.” Jim said aiming a kick at the cage.
“Come on now, that’s no way to treat a child.” I said coolly and both the men turned around in fright.
“Who are you?!” Jim shouted holding up his gun.
“I’m Katherine, who are you?” I asked pulling out both on my guns and aiming them at both of the men’s heads.
“I’m Jim, this is Cam, we watch over this thing, you the one who tried to break in?” Jim asked raising his eyebrows.
“Possibly, I’m not here to shoot you, all I want is the kid.” I said taking a step forward and they both raised their guns even higher.
“We can’t let you have him, he is highly unstable could kill you no doubt.” Cam said.
“I can handle it,” I said and I felt my eyes flicker to red and both the men gasped, Cam took a step backwards.
“What they doin’ sendin’ a vampire in here to take Goliath! Are they testin’ us?” Jim said looking at me with his eyebrows rose.
“No they aren’t testing you, I don’t work here, I am being protected, I need Goliath to protect me, to help me.” I said lowering my guns.
“Ha, Goliath aint one to protect, he kills.” Jim said scowling.
“I know, but Goliath is my last hope, he is the only one who can help me.” I said looking at them in earnest, “Please.” I added.
“Give it a shot,” Cam said taking one of the weapons sitting on the wall and throwing it to me, “If you need help we’ll be right here.” He said and he walked behind me.
I walked over to Goliaths cage and knelt down to the lock, it was a petty lock and I ripped it off with my bare hands and opened the cage door and stared into the darkness.
“Goliath, I need your help,” I whispered still staring into the cage, “There is a war and we need you to help us win. You don’t have to help if you don’t want to Goliath, but it would be greatly appreciated.” I stared into the cage it seemed empty and my hope of saving Mackena was fading away.
I looked down at my feet then stood up and walked slowly back towards Cam and Jim, but stopped suddenly at the look of terror on their face. I whirled around and saw Goliath. He was merely a baby; he was sitting with his legs crossed and his hands woven together. He had a cute pink face and light brown hair, but startling red eyes that seemed to hold all of hell in its iris. I stared down at the cute baby as it smiled back up at me I took a couple steps forward so I was nearly a yard away from him.
“Goliath?” I said softly staring down at the baby as it smiled and shook its small fist at me, “Are you going to help me?” I asked kneeling down.
Its facial expression changed almost immediately he went from a cute innocent child to a malicious, vicious one. He stood up on his legs and looked into my deep red eyes now, he looked furious with me and he walked sophisticatedly over to me. We were now only six inches apart and he took one more step and quickly punched me across the face with a force that knocked me back several feet.
I stood up and stared at the child, he was only a baby, and yet had the power to hit someone incredibly hard. I felt my tender cheek and then looked down at Goliath again; I couldn’t hurt him he was only a baby.
Jim and Cam stood a step forward and held their guns high, ready to shoot.
“No! Don’t!” I shouted and stood in front of Goliath, preventing him from further harm. I turned around to face Goliath again and spoke,
“Goliath I am being serious,” I said trying to hold myself together, “People are dying and we need you.”
Goliath ran forwards and grabbed my leg then hit the back of my knees so I fell forward, he grabbed my ankle and threw me against the wall and the back of my head hit with at crack and I slid down it and hit the ground with a soft thud. My whole body was aching and the venom pulsed furiously through my veins, I had to keep control around Goliath, I couldn’t hurt him.
I slowly stood up and stared back at Goliath who was slightly panting. He looked scary, almost in a demented kind of way. His eyes were a brilliant red and he looked furious and dangerous, ready to kill. He was not the way an infant should look there was something wrong about it, the thought of a killing child didn’t match anything to what he looked like. There was something more to his anger, and he would keep fighting until he got his way, he was a smart child, but yet couldn’t talk.
“Goliath,” I said slowly, “We can help you, we can get you out of this cage, and we can save you Goliath.”
He looked even more menacing at these thoughts and he ran forward reaching his tiny hand for my chins, but before he could latch on I kicked him hard in the stomach and he went hurtling across the room but landed softly on his feet an inch or so away from the wall.
“I don’t want to hurt you Goliath.” I said taking a few steps towards him.
He took a couple steps towards me then let out a loud exasperated breath and sat down crossing his legs; his eyes were intent upon mine.
“Goliath, there is a war, and we need your help. If you help us Goliath we can get you out of this prison and let you live outside that cage,” I said pointing to the small steel box in the corner, “Goliath if you promise to help us, we can help you.”
He stood up and slowly across the room to where I was standing glaring up at me, I kneeled down and his eyes poured into mine.
“How about it?” I asked gently. He stuck out one of his tiny hands and placed it on my forehead, his hand was cold but soft then I had a feeling of great pleasure. I felt almost insanely happy; the kind of feeling that makes you want to jump around in joy. A wide smile spread across my face and I closed my eyes, great warmth spread across my body that made me giggle, then suddenly the feeling was gone. I opened my eyes and Goliath had taken his hand off my forehead. Now he looked innocent and cute just like any other baby, and I couldn’t resist, I reached for him and gave him a hug. His touch was cold, but I didn’t mind, I could tell it was his first hug because at first he didn’t know what to do with his arms then laid them down on my shoulders (he was so small he couldn’t reach my back).
I slowly let go of Goliath and he took a step backwards looking almost frightened that I might hug him again, and then I heard a small cough and Goliaths head shot to the right to look at who ever made the noise.
“Miss, if you don’t mind, there’s a war going on, and we need to leave here to get back to our security room.” Cam said and I stood up to look at him.
“I am taking Goliath back to my room, if I need your assistance I will call.” I said and began to walk back to the door.
“Hah, as if we would let you outta here wit that lil’ monster.” Jim said eyeing Goliath that walked closely behind me.
“We’ll be fine I can handle him.” I said and took another step.
“I’m sorry miss, but we can’t let him leave.” Cam said.
“That’s to damn bad.” I said and reached for the door handle but both Cam and Jim stood in front of it.
“Rules say he can’t leave this room.” Cam said puffing out his chest.
“There’s a war going on, nobody is obeying the rules anymore.” I said coolly.
“We aint gonna hurtcha, unless ya make us.” Jim said holding up his gun.
“Do you really think you can stop us?” I asked them and made my eyes go scarlet, this made them both jump.
“Yes, ma’am.” Cam said shakily.
“Hah,” I laughed, “I don’t think you want to try.”
Just then Goliath stepped around my legs and looked up at both the men; they instantly started to shake and looked immensely scared. They shared a gaze that seemed to last forever until Cam fell to his knees.
“Ok! Go! Take him! Just don’t tell anyone we let you!” He shouted covering his head with his arms in a huddle. Jim moved out of the way and I opened the door and walked out, Goliath right behind me.
“Good job, bud.” I whispered peering around the corner and he looked happy with himself, “Follow me.” I said and we ran down the corridor together.
Goliath wasn’t a slow runner at all; he kept up with me and stopped gracefully when we reached the black carrier belt.
I looked at the small black door that was usually open, I picked up Goliath like a baby then sat on the carrier belt and brought up my knees and hoped it would move. I looked down at Goliath, who looked at me with much concern and questioning in his eyes, then suddenly the carrier belt moved and the door opened and we went into the usual darkness.
Sign up to rate and review this story